Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 524 votes, 4.98 average. Display Modes
Old 03-10-2012, 06:24 PM   #391
Hodag
native

Oddometer: 22,792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
That's an incredible number, and that kind of focus will serve you well when you get to the larger tanks.

Even at higher tiers I've seen people just not taking the time to aim, ever, when under pressure... but if my buddy Accidental__God is any indication, a lot of guys play the game while drunk... so I guess I can't be too critical of people missing regularly, lol.
it was with my autocannon on a detracked heavy shooting at someone else
Hodag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:12 PM   #392
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodag View Post
it was with my autocannon on a detracked heavy shooting at someone else
Oh.

lol.

Anyway, just had an incredible game with a Soviet T-28. My team fell, hard, and it was down to an Easy 8 and I on my team against a KV-3 that already had 6 kills, a Pzk III, a Sturpanzer II and a Wespe.

The KV-3 was capping our base and my team's Easy8 was fighting it, while I was shooting from a distance for damage and to keep it tracked for the Easy8 to be able to orbit it. Eventually the Easy8 died, though, so it was my lowly T-28 against all four. In the end I had killed the KV-3 and the Sturp II at my base, getting the Defender award (they were capping), then took a side-route to attack their base, capped it to 100% under arty fire and earned the Invader award. Invader and Defender medals in the same match, me being the lowest tier (4) in a tier 6 match (with 5 kills - the other three were a T1 Heavy, AMX 12t, and a T-50 - all tough opponents when you're in a T-28), despite the dead guys giving our Easy8 the credit for the damage I was doing to the KV-3.

Months from now, when you come to understand how tough the KV-3 is, you may understand how incredible this game was.

Sometimes the player base just frustrates ya, and that those guys' comments and congratulations were directed at our Easy 8 that hadn't done much, when all I got were pretty dumb suggestions as I was winning it for the team... I swear... the lesson is to just do your best, and completely ignore the perceptions that guys in higher-tier tanks are better - in fact, just ignore all advice the player base gives you while you're in-game. You're a regular here at this site, so my guess is that every one of you has 300% more intellect than the average WoT player. (and I'm not joking)
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR

Mambo Dave screwed with this post 03-10-2012 at 07:41 PM
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:34 PM   #393
AKjeff
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,068
Sounds like an awesome game Dave, good job. Any chance you'd have a copy of the game we could watch? I haven't looked into replaying matches yet, I'm not sure how it works.

I saw a guy tonight in a KV asking for help and claiming he was new player.
He died early...

I had a pretty decent day after I finally toned down my playing quit a bit. Aggression gets you killed
I picked up a Hertzer today. Other than wishing it had a turret I'm having a good time with the big gun.
I feel like the short no-neck guy that has to turn his whole body to look around a room

AKjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:46 PM   #394
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKjeff View Post
I feel like the short no-neck guy that has to turn his whole body to look around a room
That's the way you look when watched from 3rd person, too

Actually, the Stug reminded me of a grunting pig hunting around in the mud... I think the Stug has some unique sound, or something, that helped aid that imagery of it.

All I have is the four screen-shots of the awards, kills, and the in-garage scene. i haven't ever even tried to record games for fear of anything causing the computer to slow down a bit. I don't want my game affected - I take some pretty long-distance leading shots that need timing and all, and any extra lag could hurt that.

That, and I would not have thought to record it as we looked like we were losing when it was down to 6 of them vs. three, then two, of us. They were given a fully researched KV-3 and a 3601H, while all we really had was the Easy8 and I think a TD up top... it should have been a loss from the get-go. Very stressful once I realized it was up to the Easy8 and I, and then just me. Had their team been acting as a team I would have died during that time. Sometimes you can have the biggest, baddest tank like that KV-3 driver did, kill 7 of the opposite-teams most valuable tanks, and still your team will lose it for you... I'm sure that KV-3 driver wasn't happy about what happened after he was dead.
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR

Mambo Dave screwed with this post 03-10-2012 at 11:52 PM
Old 03-11-2012, 10:23 AM   #395
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,318
i love those games where the low tank can pull it off.

"My mind jumped off the high dive into the deep end of the gutter and took scuba gear with it" Me.
Switchblade315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 03:31 PM   #396
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Oddometer: 7,876
Some of my better games were where I was in the SU-26, bottom of the list, picking off 4, 5, or 6 enemy.

My 12-year old had decided she'd like to play, so I'm letting her in. PrincessOfFire, may platoon with her in the evenings before bedtime if we have time. Feel free to blast her to bits if you end up on the other side of the battle when I'm not around.
Old 03-11-2012, 03:36 PM   #397
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

If you guys have the time, download the test server and install it. In a few games you get tons of credits, you start out with 12000 gold (hint, don't use it here and there - made that mistake with my first account, so can't aford good tanks now - go buy yourself a Lowe or a T34 for the full 12000 and have fun).

it's on for two more days I think.

Even if you don't go big, you can easily train up most lines really fast to get a feel for the tanks you may want to buy on the regular server down the road.
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR

Mambo Dave screwed with this post 03-11-2012 at 06:50 PM
Old 03-11-2012, 03:43 PM   #398
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
If you guys have the time, download the test server and install it. In a few games you get tons of credits, you start out with 12000 gold (hint, don't use it here and there - made that mistake with my first account, so can't aford good tanks now - go buy yourself a Lowe or a T34 for the full 12000 and have fun).

it's on for two more days I think.

Even if you don't go big, you can easily train up most lines really fast to get a feel for the tanks,
I was going to do that last night, but I got busy playing with my new video card
SkidMarx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:49 PM   #399
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Oddometer: 7,876
So, with the 7.1.1 update, do I need to uninstall/reinstall completely? Their forum suggested that as a good idea, but what a pain in the ass.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:19 PM   #400
MN_Smurf
Capt_Confusion

Oddometer: 2,427
Good god.....everybody on my teams were stupid tonight....heavies going up the hill at Himmelsdorf....Lowes hiding in the back of the base and dieing without firing a shot.....
Old 03-12-2012, 10:21 PM   #401
OConnor OP
Bad juju

Oddometer: 3,519
I'm ready to scrap my German TD line. The tracks fall off the Jag every game and I'm lunch. I would bet 70% of my games with that turd end with me unable to move dying to anything with a turret.
2000 SV650 track bike
1971 CB175 vintage racer inabox
OConnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:57 PM   #402
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

I gave up on the German TD line part way through the Jag. It was obvious the German lines had been nerfed, and that the guns in the game bore no resemblance to the super-accurate and able-to-penetrate weapons the real Germans used. I'd rather play the game as a stress reducer, so...

Granted, the Ferdi seems like it must be awesome, but I couldn't yet be bothered to work toward it being so useless to my teams.

I gave up on the regular Tiger as well. Thankfully the Tiger P was introduced to the game, and I do just fine with it. I still have my Tiger crew, so I bet I'll try to run one again, but I just hate the inevitable team losses due to its weak armor not letting me do anything with it.

Got lucky this morning with the one account - random teams I played on were pro, we were sweeping the games with 15-4 or 15-2 wins, lol. I was getting 5 or 6 kills each game.
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Old 03-13-2012, 12:28 AM   #403
AKjeff
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,068
This fucking game, geez I can't understand how sometimes things go so good and sometimes they just suck.

Sat. afternoon I was in the zone, everything went perfectly.
The last two nights it's all just shit.

I figure you guys would understand my ranting...

I gave up on the TD's as well. I got tired of not having a turret. Got my Pz IV. My favorite so far is the Pz 38(t) Maybe it's the lower tier tanks the MM sets me up with.

AKjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:59 AM   #404
tattewell
Mad Poser

Oddometer: 762
AKJeff,

Thats the MM, they say its gonna get fixed in the 7.2 patch.

Almost every match is a blowout for one of the teams... Its been said before... Fucking match maker
tattewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:10 AM   #405
Flood
F5lood.

Oddometer: 10,161
MM pisses me off too in the last few days. I finally figured out how to scout properly with my T-50. After some grinding I finally got the last upgrade (without going elite), suddenly MM puts me as the only tier IV tank in matches full of VIIIs and IXs.

I couldn't last a minute scouting and there's no way I can do damage anyway.

RallyRAIDio on Twitter
RallyRAIDio on Facebook
Flood is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: