User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 248 votes, 4.95 average. Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 06:36 AM   #4201
vwboomer
Buffoon

Oddometer: 9,266
is there any instance where damage is indicated but not credited? Seems to me I have seen several times numbers pop up on enemy tanks colored like I did the damage, then nothing at the end of the battle.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:01 AM   #4202
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwboomer View Post
is there any instance where damage is indicated but not credited? Seems to me I have seen several times numbers pop up on enemy tanks colored like I did the damage, then nothing at the end of the battle.
I'm not sure if it was XVM (probably was) or some other add-on, but I think the damage I did used to pop up above the tank as a different color (like yellow or green numbers rising above the damaged tank vs. red numbers).

It's very common to be hitting a tank at the same time a teammate is hitting them, so... my guess is that that;s what you were seeing. There used to be an instance of damaging an enemy tank after a battle was won (by one side or another) where I could get damage numbers to pop up right before the battle ended (tanks stopped moving), and then wasn't credited, but that was a long time ago and from what I've seen they've remedied that. I now get credited for extremely late damage that I've seen.
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:08 AM   #4203
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,117
Just started playing the Cromwell the other day....that I think is the best tank in its tier....good armor, speed, good gun. I think the M7 is pretty darn good as well.

It is looking like the new stuff is just a tad better over the older tanks in the game.....not saying the old tanks are not playable, just that the new additions seem a bit better....a bit more fun.

Thoughts.
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:50 AM   #4204
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 12,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPGT72 View Post
Just started playing the Cromwell the other day....that I think is the best tank in its tier....good armor, speed, good gun. I think the M7 is pretty darn good as well.

It is looking like the new stuff is just a tad better over the older tanks in the game.....not saying the old tanks are not playable, just that the new additions seem a bit better....a bit more fun.

Thoughts.
I can unlock the Cromwell from my tier 5 light Crusader or whatever the heck it is. I've seen the Cromwells do good in battles, but I'm loathe to get a higher tier tank thinking it's going to be more fun to play only to be disappointed at the money spend on ammo and repairs.

How is it compared to the E8? I see the gun has more pen and damage, but about the same as the 7.5cm German gun.

I had a battle in the Patton (usually I have to play 4 battles to get one win) where I won first time out and made almost 600 silver!
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:53 AM   #4205
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,286
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:56 AM   #4206
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 29,653
Wow.
I had a round yesterday where a side had ONE more Tier 9...

So who won?
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:56 AM   #4207
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Oddometer: 7,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
Well, that sucks.
Smithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:11 PM   #4208
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
...and every now and then a blind dog will run into his team mate head on.. at full speed.. while the prey that was between them escapes and then they are laughing so hard they both die

I am thinking I will keep a tier 2 in my garage mostly because of that game! That was so much fun we should do it more often.
Big Bird 928 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:12 PM   #4209
Geek
oot & aboot

I'm going to setup game recording because of that crash... kicking myself for not getting that one recorded
Old 01-03-2013, 01:20 PM   #4210
Dismount
Boring bastard

Oddometer: 8,568
i just caught an arty.

He was close to the edge of a dock.

He had an unexpected swim thanks to some opportune pushing.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:22 PM   #4211
Geek
oot & aboot

Do you get points for that?

I was in my ELC AMX on Port Map one time. The match started (we were on south side) and I ran toward the east.. went around the corner at speed.. into a mad power slide.. and SPLOOSH.. drowned my sorry arse.

I was first guy out... 10 seconds into the round when nobody had even fired a shot yet.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:31 PM   #4212
Dismount
Boring bastard

Oddometer: 8,568
Only the ones that made me laugh my ass off.

Totally worth no points though. freaking hilarious. I bet that guy won't Ever lurk that close to the edge again.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:49 PM   #4213
OConnor OP
Bad juju

Oddometer: 3,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPGT72 View Post
Cromwell is fun when fully kitted. Throws a lot of lead downrange and has the speed to get away. I like it.
2000 Suzuki SV650 track bike
1971 CB175 vintage racer inabox
OConnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:17 PM   #4214
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,117
I like it over the E8....but then I am one of those guys that like the E2 over the E8. I have an E2 in my keep pile and do like it quite a bit, but I have let some things sit while I try new stuff.....but I am really liking the Cromwell....the higher british tanks above the Black prince seem to have pretty soft armor....don't know yet....I will likely work to them.

I do know what you mean....so far I am having real problems with the T44....man I just can't get that thing down....I still have the stock gun...perhaps it will get better.

I think that I would be safe to say I would bet you would like the cromwell....accurate, fast and armor, but you do have to get it loaded out like others have said.

With the special I just started down the french TD line...up to that open top thing....not sure. I do have the prem tier III french TD and I do like it...park it and just wait for kills....just try new stuff during the specials.

I like that they told us what was coming up to the middle of jan. Hope they keep doing that....I am saving for the T29 and the KV3.....I have my M6 maxed out with a good crew....and I do seem to rule in that tank....hope I like the 29 as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papalobster View Post
I can unlock the Cromwell from my tier 5 light Crusader or whatever the heck it is. I've seen the Cromwells do good in battles, but I'm loathe to get a higher tier tank thinking it's going to be more fun to play only to be disappointed at the money spend on ammo and repairs.

How is it compared to the E8? I see the gun has more pen and damage, but about the same as the 7.5cm German gun.

I had a battle in the Patton (usually I have to play 4 battles to get one win) where I won first time out and made almost 600 silver!
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:39 PM   #4215
vwboomer
Buffoon

Oddometer: 9,266
sure pisses me off when people platoon together a tier 2 and tier 8 when the lowest tier on the other team is tier 5. that's horse shit

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: