Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 237 votes, 4.95 average. Display Modes
Old 01-04-2013, 07:46 PM   #4231
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird 928 View Post
While I didn't shoot the sheriff, I did kill him... Kamakazied him with a lower tier scout.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Hope that was your x3 event!
Mambo Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:59 PM   #4232
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
Hope that was your x3 event!

x3 does not apply, it is free xp only, but it was still awesome, unfortunately I did not have my recording on for that battle.

but your comment brings up a good point, if they offered 2 different awards, one a lower but still usefull number and the other a higher number of xp or gold, and make which award you got dependant on your team winning or loosing, I would go for that. Hopefully this would keep a team from going blood crazy when a sherrif shows up on the OPFOR.

Big Bird 928 screwed with this post 01-04-2013 at 11:05 PM
Big Bird 928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:30 AM   #4233
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Quote:
x3 does not apply, it is free xp only, but it was still awesome, unfortunately I did not have my recording on for that battle.

but your comment brings up a good point, if they offered 2 different awards, one a lower but still usefull number and the other a higher number of xp or gold, and make which award you got dependant on your team winning or loosing, I would go for that. Hopefully this would keep a team from going blood crazy when a sherrif shows up on the OPFOR.
I've been on both ends of that, and fully agree it detracts from the game. I'm not sure if a different option would be to throw an same-tank Sheriff on the opposing team for all games where a Sheriff is present, but that hit me, too, last night. Luckily the Sheriff was on my team, and made himself known early in the valley on Lakeville... the opposing team never killed him, and lost horribly. It sounds funny, but to me it isn't because I know what it's like to be on that team. This whole Sheriff idea needs to either be improved, or go.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:35 AM   #4234
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

I have now seen the sheriffs about a dozen times, from what I have seen when they are on the opposing team and they die early your team stands about a normal chance of winning, but if they do not die early all the normal strategy goes right out the window. Basically the higher tier battles can turn into the tier 2 battles right after the T1E6 was given out.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:36 AM   #4235
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 29,634
+1

We were lucky the sheriff rushed us and was killed before the battle began so we managed a win. I've been in rounds where the sheriff hides and the attacking team runs around like cockroaches trying to find him. 'screw the win I want the sheriff!'

I think it was worse during the gold sheriffs. Amazing what people will do for a couple of real world dollars.

(like grind a super Pershing for days on end for a t-shirt )

Sent from iPhone using Tapatalk
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:49 AM   #4236
Geek
oot & aboot

A Sheriff just kicked m'arse

Old 01-05-2013, 11:02 AM   #4237
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

You know, while I was in with -G- clan I heard something about some of those guys piloting Sheriff tanks... and that a few were connected to War gaming in some way (devs? something else?).

I'm just wondering how many different Sheriff accounts there are, and who is actually playing them?

It doesn't matter one way or another, but it would be interesting to know. I can't say I've ever seen a Sheriff play poorly, even if they are instructed to get lit early for the opposing team to have a chance to kill them. The last two Sheriffs I've actually watched play - one on my team, one on the other, played aggressively but played well.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:59 PM   #4238
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,095
It's my understanding that they're all dev's or otherwise employed by Wargaming....the WGNA tag stands for Wargaming North America.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:59 PM   #4239
timk519
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,224
One game I was in, the sherrif said they were all volunteers.

He also said they made good bait. :)
Old 01-05-2013, 10:53 PM   #4240
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

So, I have almost fully researched the T-50 now, and I am really beginning to love this tank, if I can keep myself from getting to aggressive, and turning into a smoldering hulk, I have alot of fun pissing the heavies off.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:15 AM   #4241
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Here's what seems to be a newer site to check stats easier (like your efficiency with each tank, etc.):

http://wot-dossier.appspot.com/

and one used by the Burning Legion clans to see recruits' efficiencies over the last 30 days:

http://wotlabs.net/

--------

I have to admit that I didn't fully appreciate how OP the Gold rounds for the M4 Sherman were, or are, but play 'em until they nerf 'em - especially during this 70% increase in earnings. The guys I had joined up with won something like 10 in a row before I joined the platoon, and together we won 9 out of 10 more games with them.

Edit: they may be 2800 a pop, but even without a premium account, careful playing (careful aiming, rarely sniping ... even though I hit some frickin amazing long distance shots with it this morning - I mean... REALLY LONG distance...) and that 70% income has the "cheat" shells paying for themselves. Many shots with these HEAT rounds are kill-shots.

Mambo Dave screwed with this post 01-06-2013 at 09:06 AM
Old 01-06-2013, 02:15 PM   #4242
timk519
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,224
Quote:
So, I have almost fully researched the T-50 now, and I am really beginning to love this tank, if I can keep myself from getting to aggressive, and turning into a smoldering hulk, I have alot of fun pissing the heavies off.
It's a great ride, even better than the t-50-2 in some way since it has a much lower repair cost, and the speed difference isn't that big of a deal.

Enjoy!
Old 01-06-2013, 07:08 PM   #4243
TheMuffinMan
Thread Killer

Oddometer: 5,041
$$
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
'12 690 Enduro // 690 Wiki
TheMuffinMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:39 PM   #4244
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Not bad, Muffin.

I had a similar game in scoring (had I had a premium account), but to look at the "Battle Efficiency" data at the end of the game it sure didn't look like I did much... Apparently I was using Gold rounds and did a lot of damage?

Old 01-06-2013, 08:07 PM   #4245
Geek
oot & aboot

Dave:
Graham killed 7 tanks with a Tier 6.
You killed 2 tanks with a Tier 9 and only had about 1000 research before times 3 (a score I get pretty much every round with my tier 8's).

I don't see the comparrison?
Where is your "battle efficiency" listed?

(p.s. - you know I respect your mad skills; this is meant in no way as disrespect; I know you know WAY more about this game than I do and the things you find important I'm only beginning to understand and find important - I'm trying to learn from you (some more!) ). I'm asking because of my confusion on your analogy in hopes I'll understand better "what makes a difference"

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: