Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 385 votes, 4.97 average. Display Modes
Old 01-06-2013, 08:30 PM   #4246
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post

Were you running the HMS ALT-TAB while posting again?
Big Bird 928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:50 PM   #4247
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,699
Quote:
Dave:
Graham killed 7 tanks with a Tier 6.
You killed 2 tanks with a Tier 9 and only had about 1000 research before times 3 (a score I get pretty much every round with my tier 8's).

I don't see the comparrison?
Where is your "battle efficiency" listed?

(p.s. - you know I respect your mad skills; this is meant in no way as disrespect; I know you know WAY more about this game than I do and the things you find important I'm only beginning to understand and find important - I'm trying to learn from you (some more!) ). I'm asking because of my confusion on your analogy in hopes I'll understand better "what makes a difference"
Nah, man, it's all good.

I seriously don't understand how I got the XP/coins I did get.

To me, equivalent amounts of action in tiers, oh, 6 and up, against balanced teams/battles, seem to earn about the same XP for tanks (in other words, a tier 6 killing tier 7's, or a tier 9 killing tier 10's - we don't see tier 9's gaining some multiplier as much XP for their battles). I must be missing something, but I don't seem to have done anywhere near the work that he seemed to have, yet we ended up with very similar XP.

Both battles seem to be 'good' on the part of the players, but I'm just missing why mine got me what it did.

The "Battle Efficiency" I was speaking of wasn't the efficiency numbers we've been looking at - I just couldn't think of what else to call that section other than what it is labeled as. For example:

I spent a few seconds trying to come up with a name for that section, but ... couldn't think of anything that made sense. Since it was already labeled, I just used that knowing full well I was probably gonna confuse someone. Sorry about that - I was just drawing a blank for what else to call it.
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:55 PM   #4248
Cat0020
El cheapo

Oddometer: 5,374
Cool2

Some horrid matchmaking, I went 0-5 during my first session of WoT play this year.
Then it turned around a little, Top Gun and 100% base capture for the win :

Old 01-07-2013, 04:40 AM   #4249
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,300
I had some pretty intresting games this weekend, not too bad.

I bought my PzII back...I have fun in that and the gun sounds so cool...that is reason enough.

Anyway down to the end of a match at proviance I run down by the base poke my head around a house that one of my team mates is playing peek-a-boom with and I exchange fire with the enemy tank....the friendly tank backs into me and as a result he can't duck around the corner I think he had the room I was I think pretty far from the house....so he gets hit and takes damage. With the enemy tank killed I move on to the enemy base, and say sorry....he comes back and says F-U.....Hmm....I did not feel I really needed to say sorry but if you are going to be that way about it....ok....so I tell him to suck it. He opens fire on me.....I return fire and kill him.

I have around 8,000 games and to be true this is the first time this kind of thing happened. I have team killed before, but on accident....never like this. Granted this was a tier 2 match, but the tank in question was a Tet....so you know he has been around a while....eh...it is what it is.

If the clan boss wants to see the replay I saved it off.....I think it was a justified shooting.
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:33 AM   #4250
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 12,710
I had some fella send me a PM full of asterisks as I have my message filter on. I really have no idea what he was talking about, but the amount of asterisks showed he was really angry about some thing. I replied "sSOunds like someone needs a hug". He never got back to me.

I researched the 105 in the T25 TD last night. I can frontal pen Tiger 2's now They aren't happy about it either.
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:16 AM   #4251
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

But did it feel good to kill him?

That's all that matters

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPGT72 View Post
.he comes back and says F-U.....Hmm....I did not feel I really needed to say sorry but if you are going to be that way about it....ok....so I tell him to suck it. He opens fire on me.....I return fire and kill him.

I have around 8,000 games and to be true this is the first time this kind of thing happened. I have team killed before, but on accident....never like this. Granted this was a tier 2 match, but the tank in question was a Tet....so you know he has been around a while....eh...it is what it is.

If the clan boss wants to see the replay I saved it off.....I think it was a justified shooting.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:52 AM   #4252
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

I actually felt sorry for him....you get this worked up over a game....and then over a tier 2 match....someone needs to get some nookie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
But did it feel good to kill him?

That's all that matters
Old 01-07-2013, 07:11 AM   #4253
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 30,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPGT72 View Post
I actually felt sorry for him....you get this worked up over a game....and then over a tier 2 match....someone needs to get some nookie.
8 year olds don't even know what nookie is
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:26 AM   #4254
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
8 year olds don't even know what nookie is
Good point.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:39 AM   #4255
vwboomer
Buffoon

Oddometer: 9,328
sure is great to do 3700 damage and only get 800xp on a win because I got no kills
Old 01-07-2013, 11:05 AM   #4256
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,233
I got called a hacker by a kv-1 today, apparently he didn't know a hetzer can kill him in 2 shots from full health...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Big Bird 928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:12 AM   #4257
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 12,710
I just pushed a Type59 into teh water with My Patton. I didn't get the kill, but I sure felt good
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:39 PM   #4258
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Oddometer: 7,665
I shoved an ELC around with my TOG last night, just for fun - moved him 10 yard sideways by just rotating my hull.

And I goaded Jason into buying one.
Smithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:45 PM   #4259
frecks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 235
I will soon have enough experience in my Jagdpanther to get a tier 8 German TD. I haven't yet figured out if I want the Jagdpanther II or the Ferdinand. I'm curious what you guys would pick first and why.
frecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:03 PM   #4260
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by frecks View Post
I will soon have enough experience in my Jagdpanther to get a tier 8 German TD. I haven't yet figured out if I want the Jagdpanther II or the Ferdinand. I'm curious what you guys would pick first and why.
Only because I'm old-school and have seen how very effective they were, I would go for the Ferdi. Too, some expert players have been killing in their JagTigers for a long, long time now. (oh, wait, both lead to the JagTiger.. nevermind)

But that's me, with having not researched (personally) that other TD at all. I know nothing about it other than it seems I can pen the other tier 8 TD easier (i think?) and that I have never seen that other TD rule games like old Ferdinands did. Maybe they nerfed the Ferdi.. I don't know.

Some guys love speed for helping a team, some guys like armor or bigger guns.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: