Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 330 votes, 4.96 average. Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 05:24 PM   #4276
P B G
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,995
I will say - I used to play battlefield 1942 - and I liked it quite a lot -

This has better tank action - but I used to always dig taking down the tanks with other vehicles, planes and such (yes I get this is a tank game)

I also liked how playing battlefield, the vehicles/people didn't improve - you were just either good or not good.
P B G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:38 PM   #4277
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by P B G View Post
jesh - downloaded this the other day, maxed out all the starter tanks - how much do you folks play to get enough exp on the next level tanks to buy more stuff!
Exp (XP) comes fast at the first three tiers... it's the Silver credits that don't come too fast.

A premium account helps, the recent gift of that tier 2 premium tank can help you (it should make more money and lose less money than a regular tier 2 tank). Want a lot more fun a lot faster? Buy enough gold to be able to buy a tier 8 Premium tank, or tier 7 Premium TD, to earn big credits faster.

Talk to us before you go guying any of those though.

Best bet, if you have some spare cash, is to buy just enough gold for one month of premium and a tier 5 Churchill tank when the package-deals go on sale. That will get you started pretty well.

But then there's always just enjoying the game for what it is and not buying anything. If all you're looking for is a past-time, just be hapy with and play some tier 2's.
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:45 PM   #4278
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,196
Quote:
jesh - downloaded this the other day, maxed out all the starter tanks - how much do you folks play to get enough exp on the next level tanks to buy more stuff!
LOL, yep. actually as you go up you get more xp and money, the ballance is they cost more, but hey, it is kindof adictive.

Post up your user name so we can get you on the team, and you can platoon up with us, it makes things easier and more fun.

Big Bird 928 screwed with this post 01-07-2013 at 06:55 PM
Big Bird 928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:26 PM   #4279
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,620
Tier 10 in the stable
Just picked up a M48A1 Patton. Sold a couple of tanks to get it, but nothing I can't get back pretty quickly.
Only played it once so far. Don't quite have enough for the #2 gun. The stock gun is a total POS for a tier 10.
Shouldn't take long though. I just had a 90k credit battle in the Super Pershing. That gets me almost half way there.
SkidMarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:44 PM   #4280
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

NICE!

I think it will be next year before I get to Tier 10.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:49 PM   #4281
P B G
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird 928 View Post
LOL, yep. actually as you go up you get more xp and money, the ballance is they cost more, but hey, it is kindof adictive.

Post up your user name so we can get you on the team, and you can platoon up with us, it makes things easier and more fun.

Added _ to my initials P_B_G

Had a few good rounds in my lowly T57
P B G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:57 PM   #4282
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 12,636
I installed the big gun on the M40/43. Wow, does that put a hurtin on the tier 9 & 10's! Only 326000xp to the T92

Got Reaper in the SU85 just now. 2k xp and 25k silver.
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:07 PM   #4283
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

What a coincidence you guys are talking about tier 10... I just got done buying this and editing down the screenshot:

Captain Mutha-Fuckin Brace... I like it.

Way too tired to even play with it in a training room though. And the 'Vent' fund needs building up.

Mambo Dave screwed with this post 01-07-2013 at 08:23 PM
Old 01-07-2013, 08:23 PM   #4284
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Added _ to my initials P_B_G

Had a few good rounds in my lowly T57
you will be surprised at the number of people who "troll" at the lower levels, I think most of us have atleast one low tier in the stable as they can be more fun! It was just last week that Geek and I were laughing so hard we could not see in a tier 2 match.

Figure out which country you want to start with, and where you want to go, then you can focus your playing and researching towards that. also, the Russian lines are pretty stout through the whole tree as this is a Russian game after all... but each country has their advantages.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:40 AM   #4285
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,145
"Troll" is such an ugly word......I prefer "sandbag" myself.

P B G, clan invite is sent, and I'll forward the Teamspeak info to you.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:46 AM   #4286
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,175
The simple truth is that the low tiers are fun.....but I doubt you see that now.

This is not the right word, but close enough....but the higher tiers are fun and all...but can be a little stressfull.
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:07 AM   #4287
Rafiki
Some Dude

Oddometer: 1,747
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPGT72 View Post
The simple truth is that the low tiers are fun.....but I doubt you see that now.

This is not the right word, but close enough....but the higher tiers are fun and all...but can be a little stressfull.
Indeed.
Like spending 20k credits on a winning game...lol

"Monkey killing Monkey over pieces of ground.
Silly monkeys give them thumbs.
They make a club, And beat their brother down."
Rafiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:32 AM   #4288
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafiki View Post
Indeed.
Like spending 20k credits on a winning game...lol
Nail-on-head, I actually did something I said I would not do....spend more money on this game. The arty had me say I would not spend another dime, but with the up comming arty nerf hammer, and like you said taking credit hit on a game win, without shooting prem ammo, SUCKED ALL THE FUN out of the game for me.

So bought 6month of prem, and have a bunch of gold left over to retrain crews, dismount modules, buy cammo....that kind of thing. The game has been much more enjoyable for me....could it be that I have seen but one arty or NONE in mid to low tier matches....could be.

Arty does learn quick tho....on the re modeled maps I have found the old places to rock hump are not valid anylonger....now if they just open up the aiming circle so the first shot from that arty does not land down your hatch I will be more happy.

Even on games I have lost they have been good games with the loss of arty the teams seem to (for some part) work together a little more...one will sneek around the other side of the house, around the block, to come up behind the enemy, others will have to cover those approaches....it has added teamwork to the game I think, and not just have everything just stop and wait for arty to drive the enemy out from cover or just finish him off so the rest of the tanks can advance.

I am sure the arty players will disagree, but I think it makes the GAME better.
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:59 AM   #4289
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

I don't know how bad the nerfs will be, but I'm just about to sell my last larger arty on principle alone... far too many of the newer, much poorer playing tankers have made it up to higher tier tanks. If I want to win, at all, I can't play arty and expect my teams to light anything up before the enemy is just about on our base anymore.

Seems a shame to have to dismiss a good arty crew, but I can't see playing higher-tier arty ever again.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:09 AM   #4290
vwboomer
Buffoon

Oddometer: 9,288
I won't go above my GWPanther. I had the GWTiger and it was too big, too slow moving, and too slow shooting to be any fun.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: