Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 253 votes, 4.95 average. Display Modes
Old 01-12-2013, 02:15 PM   #4486
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 29,666
According to:
http://wot-news.com/stat/calc/en/ru

my average damage in a battle is currently 562.

I'm now at 2200 games.

I would imagine that goes up every game because the first 1000 games someone plays are tier 6 and below (or so) so the average damage per round is waaaaay less?
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:21 PM   #4487
Geek
oot & aboot

Looking at my IS3
174783 damage in 143 battles = 1222 average damage per battle.

(to make my point for above).

Do the clans look at your average damage per battle with a particular tank or overall?
If they looked at overall.. I could set up a 2nd account.. buy a T34... and have rockin' averages out of the gate (not having 500 rounds in the beginning that were clueless)
Old 01-12-2013, 02:37 PM   #4488
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
If they looked at overall.. I could set up a 2nd account.. buy a T34... and have rockin' averages out of the gate (not having 500 rounds in the beginning that were clueless)
You and I both know it... this was my argument against the way clans used to look at damage.

Quote:
Do the clans look at your average damage per battle with a particular tank or overall?
Yeah, modern good clans are looking for something around 2600 damage per battle, on average, with heavy Tier Ten tanks.

Some of you may recall my questioning of that maybe 20 pages ago in this thread? I now agree with it for heavies.

I'm not saying I'm even there yet, but it most certainly gives me a goal to work toward, and will calm my spaz-ass down to attempt to play like those patience-masters I've described the best players I've ever played with as being.

My new 110E5's first four battles went something like:
1. 0 damage
2. +4000 damage
3. 800-some damage
4. 2400 damage

The zero damage was based on a miscommunication and an entire -G- clan team just creaming my ass when the only other tank we brought was a T-50-2.

That #3 game was my fault, somehow, but I can't remember the details.

I really don't know what I'm at now, but i've been good enough with the damage dealing in my tier 8's and 9's recently that I really should be producing good damage numbers with my 110E5 in the near future. At least, that's the hope and expectation. I can't promise I am, actually, good enough.

---

The neat thing for you guys is that with such criteria (and your recent 30-day or 60-day trend in overall efficiency), any of you can possibly join a good clan with your tier tens as long as you're careful, produce good numbers (not necessarily wins), and play them for like 100 battles each.

The other criteria the big clans want to see is numbers of tier tens. Ideally 3, but some are willing to accept 2 tier tens with the corresponding good damage numbers.

Rebellian clan, that I left recently, is proficient, earns Gold for its members, and is currently rebuilding.
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:32 PM   #4489
Geek
oot & aboot

Woo wee.. what a day.

After getting m'arse handed to me all morning - it was a heck of an evening thanks to good platoon mates

I started the day with something like -17 (i.e. 17 less wins than losses - after a christmas holiday that took me from 51% down to 49% ) and then lost a bunch in a row dropping to something like -25.

Thanks to an evening of grinding with QuePasa (Theo), Smurfy (Bryan), and Dookie (Graham).. I'm calling it a night at -3.
(I have 3 less wins than losses in 2200+ battles).

Fingers crossed I can keep going in that direction - but of course I have to win 23 more games to account for the draws and get back to 50% and show up as green instead of yellow in XVM

Geek screwed with this post 01-12-2013 at 11:40 PM
Old 01-12-2013, 11:39 PM   #4490
Geek
oot & aboot

Two highlights from the grind:

1) I think this is the first time I've done more than 4K damage with a Tier 7 in a round

2) In my Tier 8 medium M42 Pershing I ran into a couple of those fancy Tier 10 'E5s that Dave's been pimping.
I killed one and then hit the other... it is all I accomplished the entire round.. but we did win

Old 01-13-2013, 12:13 AM   #4491
OConnor OP
Bad juju

Oddometer: 3,246
Fuck the T30, I'm selling the POS. Shot an IS7 broadside in the upper tracks from 20 yards away and penned for no damage with the 155. WTF? If you have to stick to the 120 may as well stay with the Proto.
2000 Suzuki SV650 track bike
1971 CB175 vintage racer inabox
OConnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:52 AM   #4492
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,184
Quote:
2) In my Tier 8 medium M42 Pershing I ran into a couple of those fancy Tier 10 'E5s that Dave's been pimping.
I killed one and then hit the other... it is all I accomplished the entire round.. but we did win

WTH??? I killed one and got called a hacker, probably because I was shooting accross a valley and a beautiful side silouette while he was focusing in front of him and had no clue on where I was.
Big Bird 928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:39 AM   #4493
frecks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 235
Why am I awake still!? Damn this game!

In other news, I just got the Ferdinand tonight and it is AWESOME.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
frecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:04 AM   #4494
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,184
LOL! If only they would allow me to use one of the 7 screens in front of me to play.... Sometimes my job sucks...
Big Bird 928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:43 AM   #4495
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OConnor View Post
Fuck the T30, I'm selling the POS. Shot an IS7 broadside in the upper tracks from 20 yards away and penned for no damage with the 155. WTF? If you have to stick to the 120 may as well stay with the Proto.
Then you may have hit a huge angled piece which slowed your round down enough that, when it did pen lower down, probably didn't have the energy to get through the spaced armor.

I suggest we take a look at the IS-7's side armor before you go selling the T30...

Hitting just above the tracks usually ends up with zero-damage hits, or bounces, for everyone. Do not aim for section "A"

... unless you are also aiming at the rear part of the IS-7:

A good test would be to go into a training room with Geek a few times to get a feel for just what that area above the tracks can defeat.

The T30 isn't an incredibly accurate platform (I cringe each time mine misses for how expensive the shells are, and for how long it takes to reload), so it could have thrown your shell off, or low, compared to where you were aiming.. especially if is was a quick-shot where you didn't have the time to allow the reticule to fully close..

-----------

I may make a run on a goal I didn't know I had... I spent a lot of Free XP to research up to a point I'm sure a lot of you guys are already past, but the theory in my current clan is that in about nine or ten weeks when the rear-turreted British heavy switches to being a TD, so when patch 8.4 does come out, War Gaming will do as they've done in the past and give you the new tier 10 heavy that will take the place of it. So... for a shit ton of grinding, and for millions and millions of Silver coins (to buy the tier 7, 8, 9 and finally the 6.1 million Silver for the tier ten), you may end up with two tier tens.

Really, when I put it that way ... I'm not as enthused about the grind. But... whatever... I guess it gives me another goal.

Edit Note: this is conjecture, and as of one day later the forums are saying it proably won't happen.

This isn't set in stone, so decide for yourself before following our possibly misguided attempt to get a free tank.

I free XP'ed to the Churchill I. Platooned with a capable mate, we found ourselves the last two tanks standing in a tier 6 battle (we were in tier 5's) against the enemy's tier 6's and down (of which there were 6 or 7 left).

It didn't help that our T-34 immediately killed our SU-85 and that SU-26, to which another teammate killed our T-34... so from the get-go we were down three tanks.

At close to the end, for some unknown reason, their Sturmpanzer II killed something on their team - I recall thinking it was something small, so maybe the Cromwell?

----

and we were talking about this earlier, so as a follow up - here was the notification of my weekly Gold payout for the nights I was able to be on:

Mambo Dave screwed with this post 01-13-2013 at 11:08 AM
Old 01-13-2013, 06:51 AM   #4496
Geek
oot & aboot

Just looked at my WoT stats app in my phone. I played 66 rounds yesterday.

I have broken 300k xp saved up trying to skip the IS8 straight to the IS7

Sent from iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-13-2013, 06:54 AM   #4497
Geek
oot & aboot

Let me get this right Dave...
The theory is the current Brit tier 10 will be switched to a TD and a new Brit Tier 10 will replace it so if you have one you keep it AND they give you the new one free?

Two questions:

1) will it be Tier9 when it becomes TD? How can a tank be a TD? Will they change it's specs?

2) what Tier X did they do this with before?

Old 01-13-2013, 07:05 AM   #4498
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Quote:
Let me get this right Dave...
The theory is the current Brit tier 10 will be switched to a TD and a new Brit Tier 10 will replace it so if you have one you keep it AND they give you the new one free?

Two questions:

1) will it be Tier9 when it becomes TD? How can a tank be a TD? Will they change it's specs?

2) what Tier X did they do this with before?

They've done it when they handed out the IS-4 for those of us who owned... oh what the hell was it... I don't remember. I got my IS-4 for free though.

They have done other renditions of it with other tanks. I'm not sure if the BatChat switch counted as one since I wasn't paying attention.

It's not like it's free... you work for it and do buy a tier ten as it stands. What you keep is a tier ten and possibly a tier nine? I don't know where the current tank is being thrown to.

The other 'word' is that if you have the top-heavy researched but not bought, you'll then have the corresponding TD researched as well as the new tier ten heavy... but then you won't get any free tank for it.

This is informed conjecture - it may not happen. At this point I know little, and trust my guys more... because, really, I do NOT pay attention to WoT news and possibilities. I'm just putting it out there for you guys to research.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:13 AM   #4499
Geek
oot & aboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
I'm just putting it out there for you guys to research.
...and we appreciate it!!

So is the Brit TierX heavy actually any good?
Old 01-13-2013, 07:14 AM   #4500
Geek
oot & aboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post

[CENTER]
I resent you publicly posting information on how to kill the tank I'm about to buy.

p.s. its too bad you can't get an upgrade that removes the flagpole on top. Sure makes it easy to spot one on the field.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: