Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 387 votes, 4.97 average. Display Modes
Old 01-27-2013, 06:59 PM   #4936
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
I finally beat my best single match damage total.....

I'm beginning to wonder if moving up to the M103 is worth it......
372 per penetration, 302 per shot fired, not bad at all...

I will have to look more into that tank.
Big Bird 928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:39 PM   #4937
vwboomer
Buffoon

Oddometer: 9,341
average damage per shot really takes a beating when you hit tanks with only 150 or so hp left
Old 01-28-2013, 02:27 AM   #4938
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,221
Even worse when they're down to 50 points or less.......I feel bad even wasting the credits for the shot at that point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird 928 View Post
372 per penetration, 302 per shot fired, not bad at all...
Considering that it's a 320 avg dmg gun, I think the dmg per pen is pretty damn good.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:02 AM   #4939
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,734
Puke

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwboomer View Post
average damage per shot really takes a beating when you hit tanks with only 150 or so hp left
Interesting that you guys are chasing the average damage thing too. Here's a scenario I was facing... I'm trying to get the average damage per game on my tier 10's much, much higher, and played carefully but well at the first stages of one of our latest clan wars.

But then the bottom drops out on the battle, and I'm competing to shoot at frickin' tier 9's or below... This team even had the gall to bring a tier-7 IS.

their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Mambo Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:37 AM   #4940
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Dave, the way I look at it, maximizing damage per shot maximizes my xp return for the credits those shells cost. With the grind I'm on right now, every xp point counts. I have 30K xp to go to M103, and need 900K more credits to buy it. I'll be done by the end of the week. I should make a good dent in it today since I'm taking a snow day with the kids.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:44 AM   #4941
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,330
Quote:
Even worse when they're down to 50 points or less.......I feel bad even wasting the credits for the shot at that point.

Considering that it's a 320 avg dmg gun, I think the dmg per pen is pretty damn good.
I know what you mean....is seems like a waste of money on the shell.
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:24 AM   #4942
vwboomer
Buffoon

I don't worry too much about the average damage. I'm not sure how that factors for xp vs a kill, but I like to see bigger numbers as it probably leads to more credits as well.

When two tanks are shooting at a single tank, it's a tossup who is going to get the kill shot
Old 01-28-2013, 05:41 AM   #4943
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 12,736
I spent most of last night grinding silver on the T25at. I think out of 30 battles I may have won 4? Made a shitload of money though. I was averaging 30k or so and hit 70k one battle. I was kind of 1/2 assed paying attention to my shots and would generally hit for 300 hit points or so. But it's kind of like deer hunting with a shotgun and a bird barrel. You point in the general direction, pull the trigger and hope to hit. "Aiming" is kind of a misnomer with that gun.

I took adavntage of the sale and picked up 100 each first aid and repair kits.
papalobster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:44 AM   #4944
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwboomer View Post
I don't worry too much about the average damage. I'm not sure how that factors for xp vs a kill, but I like to see bigger numbers as it probably leads to more credits as well.

When two tanks are shooting at a single tank, it's a tossup who is going to get the kill shot
There is a pretty big giggle factor when you see big hits.....this replay is me playing a friend's Obj. 268 for the first time. We were rolling every time I got a hit.

Old 01-28-2013, 05:51 AM   #4945
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Oddometer: 7,692
Quote:
Dave, the way I look at it, maximizing damage per shot maximizes my xp return for the credits those shells cost. With the grind I'm on right now, every xp point counts. I have 30K xp to go to M103, and need 900K more credits to buy it. I'll be done by the end of the week. I should make a good dent in it today since I'm taking a snow day with the kids.
Get a Super Pershing. I drove mine into a lake last night 30 seconds into the battle, no shots, not shot at, and walked away with 12,000 silver for the battle.

Smithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:16 AM   #4946
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by papalobster View Post
I spent most of last night grinding silver on the T25at. I think out of 30 battles I may have won 4? Made a shitload of money though. I was averaging 30k or so and hit 70k one battle. I was kind of 1/2 assed paying attention to my shots and would generally hit for 300 hit points or so. But it's kind of like deer hunting with a shotgun and a bird barrel. You point in the general direction, pull the trigger and hope to hit. "Aiming" is kind of a misnomer with that gun.
You and I should platoon up. My SU-122-44 is a tier 7. I loved the T25 AT and considered keeping it, but I think they made the gun shoot a little less accuratley toward the end of my owning it, and where I was usually crushing enemies with it, my JagdPanther tier 7 TD then became my 'better' TD for no apparent reason other than the T25 AT became worse to snipe with.
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Mambo Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:23 AM   #4947
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
Get a Super Pershing. I drove mine into a lake last night 30 seconds into the battle, no shots, not shot at, and walked away with 12,000 silver for the battle.

I have a T34 and a Type 59.....got plenty of credit earning potential already.....
Old 01-28-2013, 06:50 AM   #4948
vwboomer
Buffoon

Quote:
There is a pretty big giggle factor when you see big hits.....this replay is me playing a friend's Obj. 268 for the first time. We were rolling every time I got a hit.

that thing certainly does some damage
Old 01-28-2013, 06:50 AM   #4949
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 12,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
You and I should platoon up. My SU-122-44 is a tier 7. I loved the T25 AT and considered keeping it, but I think they made the gun shoot a little less accuratley toward the end of my owning it, and where I was usually crushing enemies with it, my JagdPanther tier 7 TD then became my 'better' TD for no apparent reason other than the T25 AT became worse to snipe with.
I'd be up for it, but you got those weird work hours

Maybe it requires a different play style. I do fine with the SU85 and Stug. Heck when I play the Patton like a TD early in the battle and I do pretty good too.
papalobster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:07 AM   #4950
janeuner
Get Some

Oddometer: 1,153
Quote:
I'm beginning to wonder if moving up to the M103 is worth it......
It isn't. M103 is every bit as awful as the T34 was when it was a tech tree tank. They only improved the xp grind.

Quote:
Dave, the way I look at it, maximizing damage per shot maximizes my xp return for the credits those shells cost. With the grind I'm on right now, every xp point counts.
FYI, module destruction and crew kills give a flat xp bonus. When the enemy is down to 100-200 dmg, toss a HE round at a weak spot. You'll get more xp that you would with a AP round, and it usually costs less as well. It is also pretty trivial to knock out a gun/gunner/loader/driver with a 105mm+ HE shell. Makes a huge difference over the course of a fight.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: