Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 386 votes, 4.97 average. Display Modes
Old 01-30-2013, 12:05 PM   #5056
timk519
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
you'd be putting yourself at a disadvantage by jumping into a Tier 8 TD with a less trained crew and not much experience in turretless tanks. I think it sets you up for a pretty steep learning curve in an unforgiving environment.
The Stug III is a great little tank for learning how to play those types of tanks.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:23 PM   #5057
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 30,028
It has got to be awfully difficult going through life assuming you know everything and not having everyone do what you'd do eh?

There's a reason I don't pay attention to in game chat - too many folks who think they know everything.
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:23 PM   #5058
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,233
Ed and I platooned today for a little while, he was helping me grind on my KV-1S...

Victory! Map: El Halluf Wednesday, January 30, 2013 12:37:09 PM Vehicle: KV-1S Experience received 2,050 Credits received: 44,791 Battle Achievements: Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

I think that was good for my crew moral...
Big Bird 928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:26 PM   #5059
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,233
Smithy, I told you I would throw up the replay from Geek and I messing with a Lee, just in case you get a complaint.

Big Bird 928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:05 PM   #5060
Hodag
native

Oddometer: 22,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
It has got to be awfully difficult going through life assuming you know everything and not having everyone do what you'd do eh?

There's a reason I don't pay attention to in game chat - too many folks who think they know everything.
i drop arty on them
claim they distracted me
Hodag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:08 PM   #5061
UngaWunga
Mosquito bait

Oddometer: 6,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeuner View Post
F2 - "Request Fire, %TARGET%" or something similar.
So if I go look in the keyboard settings, everything has a command then a textbox. You mouse over the textbox, hit a key, and that becomes the key for that command.

I don't see anything for "requesting fire" or "targeting" like I used to. Unless I'm blind.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:09 PM   #5062
UngaWunga
Mosquito bait

Oddometer: 6,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodag View Post
i drop arty on them
claim they distracted me

go away boy, yer botherin' me....
Old 01-30-2013, 01:25 PM   #5063
janeuner
Get Some

Oddometer: 1,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by UngaWunga View Post
So if I go look in the keyboard settings, everything has a command then a textbox. You mouse over the textbox, hit a key, and that becomes the key for that command.

I don't see anything for "requesting fire" or "targeting" like I used to. Unless I'm blind.
Settings → Controls → Messages → Requesting Fire
Old 01-30-2013, 01:41 PM   #5064
frecks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by UngaWunga View Post

You probably have to scroll down. I didn't see the scrollbar the first time I went into that page.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
frecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:49 PM   #5065
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird 928 View Post
Ed and I platooned today for a little while, he was helping me grind on my KV-1S...

Victory! Map: El Halluf Wednesday, January 30, 2013 12:37:09 PM Vehicle: KV-1S Experience received 2,050 Credits received: 44,791 Battle Achievements: Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

I think that was good for my crew moral...
That looks like an awesome game!

It says a lot about your skills. The KV-1S can be an awesome tank in a higher tier battle if one can keep it from getting shot up.

Congrats man!
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Mambo Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:56 PM   #5066
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
Does anyone know anything about WoT bots?

We were in a match last night where a tank didn't move the entire game (it was a cromwell) - then near the end when an enemy came close to it it started to drive in circles (full lock left turn). The turret did actually track the enemy and managed to shoot at them twice before they killed it.

I once saw what seemed to be very typical Chinese bot tactics - two identical PzIV's, same guns, same camo, not platooned, very alike names (random action word followed by a string of random numbers like "killer2381"), and both totally AFK the entire game with both turrets turned to the left an identical number of degrees.

It would seem that someone was trying to run multiple accounts from one computer, but perhaps the program locked up when both tanks ended up in the same battle?

I dont know, but I found it both very maddening and very strange.
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Mambo Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:16 PM   #5067
Geek
oot & aboot

Sam, John and I just had a round where we killed 13 out of 15.

replay to come later.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:23 PM   #5068
janeuner
Get Some

Oddometer: 1,149
So I've been slowly working the UK tree and I am compelled to share some observations. I'm at tier 4 on each path, and here is what I've found.

-- Meat Sacks --
The Vickers Medium Mk1, Medium Mk2, Medium Mk3, and the Cruiser Mk1 are simply bad. The are slow, lightly armored, have awful maneuverability, and have only an adequate armament. I tried brawling and sniping, and failed terribly. They cannot move fast enough to flank. They can snipe, if they have time to reach an effective position. Otherwise, the best you can do is linger behind something bigger, or slow boat flank to break a stalemate. In my book, they are useless and should be skipped if possible.

-- Cruiser Mk2 --
A diamond in the rough. The Cruiser Mk2 inherits all the disadvantages from the meat sacks, but picks up two crucial advantages. First, like the Cruiser Mk4, it can research the tier 5, 6, and 7 radios. Second, and differing from the Mk4, it can fit a 3.7 inch howitzer. The HE shell for this tier 5 gun can penetrate any other tier 3 peers - and many tier 4 as well - delivering 375 HE damage from a tank with just 220 hp. After this tank, the gun cannot be fit again until tier 6. This is the KV-2 of tier 3, and it is a blast to drive.

-- Snipers --
These are the Cruiser Mk3, Cruiser Mk4, and maybe the Covenanter. They field the QF 2-pdr Mk9 for long range flanking. You can try the Pom Pom at close range sneak attacks, but you are severely limited by the small HP pool so I wouldn't recommend it. The Covenanter changes that - it is maneuverable enough to employ the 3 inch derp gun to great effect. However, I still prefer to play it in role of a flanking sniper.

-- Tier 4 mini-Heavies --
The Valentine and Matilda take you completely by surprise. It is like the devs are apologizing for the predecessors. Disadvantages: slow. Advantages: brilliantly armored, small silhouette, above average view range, and excellent armament. The Matilda can repel fire from anything up to tier 5, and it's top gun will give a Churchill III a run for it's money. The Val is good for most tier 4, but the trade-off is a much improved camo factor, as it is still classified a light tank.

Stay tuned for the UK tier 5/6 review...
Old 01-30-2013, 02:34 PM   #5069
Geek
oot & aboot

Screen shot (top left)

full size: http://topgeek.smugmug.com/Edward/Ra...O/shot_375.jpg
Old 01-30-2013, 02:44 PM   #5070
Geek
oot & aboot

Wow.. I'm diggin' the SU-122-44.