Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 548 votes, 4.98 average. Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 12:36 PM   #5101
OConnor OP
Bad juju

Oddometer: 3,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
I got hit last night by a guy whose barrel was hidden totally behind a rubble pile.....I think it was on Widepark.
Right, building rubble is the worst. I don't think it is always modeled correctly.
2000 SV650 track bike
1971 CB175 vintage racer inabox
OConnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:40 PM   #5102
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 13,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by OConnor View Post
Anyone noticed any terrain exploits? I could swear once in a while I get shot through buildings/hills/etc. I'm not talking about "invisible tank" (when you never see who killed you) shots but those times when you are killed and it shows your enemy and they are on the other side of a solid surface.

Note: I killed a T29 last night by putting a round through his hatch that I could barely see above the rock he thought was protecting him. He was "upset" with me, thinking I cheated somehow. But I'm talking totally on the other side of an obstacle taller than your tank by a good margin.
I just call in arty
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:02 PM   #5103
janeuner
Get Some

Oddometer: 1,342
I've dealt HE damage to tanks through walls. In particular, with a KV (before the KV-1/2 split) at the hollowed-out building in Malinovka, I've destroyed a tank outright by shooting straight at the wall.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:33 PM   #5104
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by OConnor View Post
Anyone noticed any terrain exploits? I could swear once in a while I get shot through buildings/hills/etc. I'm not talking about "invisible tank" (when you never see who killed you) shots but those times when you are killed and it shows your enemy and they are on the other side of a solid surface.
I've never intentionally shot through walls or hills, but I have had a number of hits that I didn't think should have hit based on how I was moving backward for peek-a-boo and still hit a distant enemy when i should have hit the wall they were being hidden by, or just hidden by, as I drove backwards.
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:47 PM   #5105
Sumo64c
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
I've never intentionally shot through walls or hills, but I have had a number of hits that I didn't think should have hit based on how I was moving backward for peek-a-boo and still hit a distant enemy when i should have hit the wall they were being hidden by, or just hidden by, as I drove backwards.

That happens to me often, killed by tanks completely on other side of buildings, through hills and even through a mountain. Those trainers or whatever they use are getting to be fairly common it seems....not that it matters to me, the majority of my WOT time is in low tier arty with the mrs. but even there I was killed by a m5 from beyond view range and he was moving at almost full throttle. Looks like the popularity of WOT is finally getting the hacking crowd involved.

And yes WOT can be hacked, just like every other large scale online game has.
Sumo64c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:59 PM   #5106
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumo64c View Post
That happens to me often, killed by tanks completely on other side of buildings, through hills and even through a mountain. Those trainers or whatever they use are getting to be fairly common it seems....not that it matters to me, the majority of my WOT time is in low tier arty with the mrs. but even there I was killed by a m5 from beyond view range and he was moving at almost full throttle. Looks like the popularity of WOT is finally getting the hacking crowd involved.

And yes WOT can be hacked, just like every other large scale online game has.
Parts of the game can be hacked, but I have yet to see evidence of it in the almost two years (?) I've played it and through what is now about 16k battles through different accounts.

Now I've been in plenty of games where one of my group was called a hacker, and I've (not intentionally) platooned with a few guys who used to report 'hackers' nearly every day for what was very apprently NOT hacking, but then that's all some people can figure.

You can shoot a round, but you can't alter the place it hits (inaccuracy) nor its penetration, from your computer. I'm not sure what all that leaves to hack, but I guess there's got to be something. Trees can be hacked out, but only from vision - not from the camo effect they have on enemies.

When I say that in my experience it's usually the poorer players who see 'hackers' - I mean that, in my experience, it is poorer players seeing it every time.

I've played with some who I regard as a few of the best in the game, and the two things they never, ever, complain about is hackers or arty. That sorta tells me something.

If and when I percieve hacking, I will leave the game. Thus far nearly everthing that has happened - including 'invisible' tanks shooting at me - I fully understand the mechanics of. I'm quite sure I've been called an 'invisible' tank to shoot people, and I've certainly enabled it via spotting with a scout style tank.
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Old 01-31-2013, 08:26 PM   #5107
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 30,838
Sam! you missed some Hellcat fun

Top gun and something called a "patrol duty" - first time I think I've ever gotten one of those

Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:23 PM   #5108
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,416
For those of you who missed it, Super Brawl weekend starts tomorrow, just in time for me to get a 50% discount on the IS.

Tankers!
Who cares about the Super Bowl when you've got the Super Brawl! This crazy series of in-game discounts and deals will last through the weekend. The Super Brawl will last from 03:30 PST (14:30 UTC) on February 1, 2013 to 03:00 PST (14:00 UTC) on February 4, 2013. Get ready to rumble!
100% Credit Increase for the Following Vehicles

IV PzKpfw III
VI T-150
VII PzKpfw VI Tiger (P)
70% Credit Increase for the Following Vehicles

V KV-1
V PzKpfw IV
V M4 Sherman
60% Credit Increase for the Following Vehicles

VI KV-2
VII IS
50% Credit Discount on the Following Vehicles

IV PzKpfw III
V KV-1
V PzKpfw IV
V M4 Sherman VI T-150
VII IS VI KV-2

50% Gold Discount on the Following Premium Tanks

V Ram II
V T14
V Matilda Black Prince

50% Credit Discount on Equipment

50% Gold Discount on Garage Slots

50% Gold Discount on Crew Training/Retraining

x3 Increase in Crew Experience

Discount on Premium Account Time

• Three days for 300
Big Bird 928 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:25 PM   #5109
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
Sam! you missed some Hellcat fun

I'm grinding my KV-1S to get my IS tomorrow, so... But yeah I was having fun in the Hellcat between rounds.
Big Bird 928 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:57 AM   #5110
MN_Smurf
Capt_Confusion

Oddometer: 2,443
Wow, perfect weekend for me...I was already thinking of dumping my KV-1S and moving the crew over to a T-150 for something different to play.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:20 AM   #5111
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 13,152
Maybe I should head up the Russian heavy line. I've got the SU85, and it's not bad. and I think I have enough credits in teh SU26 to go all the way to tier 10

Looks like the Tiger P is going to get exercised this weekend. 100% payout

I was having some lag issues last night. One of the worst was in the Church when I was trying to get behind that rock and my system caught up just in time to find out I went past the rock and was getting shot by 1/2 a dozen opfor
The TD's are almost as bad, I line up for a shot, hit the button and 1/2 a heartbeat later my shot goes off and I miss competely.
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:34 AM   #5112
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
Wow, perfect weekend for me...I was already thinking of dumping my KV-1S and moving the crew over to a T-150 for something different to play.
There is no dumping of the KV-1S if medium Tank Companies appeals to ya. I was doing them so much there for a while that I even bought back a Hellcat and a Grille. All three are permanent residents in the stable now just for TC's, as is the IS-3.
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Old 02-01-2013, 07:57 AM   #5113
Geek
oot & aboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird 928 View Post
I'm grinding my KV-1S to get my IS tomorrow, so... But yeah I was having fun in the Hellcat between rounds.
Cool. I'll join you in TS and help you grind. I have enough XP for the ISUZU but need to save enough to get the finger-of-gawd for it

Sent from my cell phone reminding me that myopia sucks.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:09 AM   #5114
janeuner
Get Some

Oddometer: 1,342
This sucks. Just came to the realization that I need to break up my KV-1S crew. The SU-100 → SU-152 jump requires a new loader, and both my current SU-100 crew and KV-1S crews have Brothers in Arms.

Or maybe I should just nuke the Obj212 crew. Decisions, decisions...
Old 02-01-2013, 08:13 AM   #5115
Geek
oot & aboot

50% Gold Discount on Crew Training/Retraining
x3 Increase in Crew Experience

Good time to do some crew optimization. I think one of my Russian heavy crews is about to become a Russian TD crew and one of my American Medium crews is about to become an American Heavy crew.

How big of an impact does Brothers in Arms have? I have several crews with Sixth Sense on the commander but they aren't to their 2nd perk (97%). I don't know that I want to give up 6th sense for BIA?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: