User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 486 votes, 4.98 average. Display Modes
Old 02-01-2013, 07:25 PM   #5146
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,343
If there are any left, I will pick up 1 or 2.
Big Bird 928 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:50 PM   #5147
Cat0020
El cheapo

Oddometer: 5,443
Sorry folks, seems that there will be no Group-buy for us .. go to eBay for WoT gold instead..
Old 02-01-2013, 08:00 PM   #5148
frecks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat0020 View Post
Sorry folks, seems that there will be no Group-buy for us .. go to eBay for WoT gold instead..
Bummer. Thanks for the offer though. I'm curious though, how does this group buy thing work and how can they get gold at such large quantities for discounted prices?
frecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:20 PM   #5149
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Oddometer: 7,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by frecks View Post
Bummer. Thanks for the offer though. I'm curious though, how does this group buy thing work and how can they get gold at such large quantities for discounted prices?
I asked about this last time and didn't really get an answer, other than "it works and WG.net didn't seem to mind..."

I suspect some kind of farming operation, a clan flipping their clan wars gold into real cash, or an advantage in money markets cross-server. I don't know which server SE Asia gamers use, but that's where the paypal money went last round.

Does it stink? Maybe, maybe not. I don't have time for the WOT forums, maybe it's discussed somewhere there.
Smithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:29 PM   #5150
Hodag
native

Oddometer: 22,792
shoot and my laptop is out of commission
Hodag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:10 PM   #5151
Wheedle
I love inflatable fun!

Oddometer: 3,772
Im lovin the M4, but damn if the ADV sticker isnt a nice big target on the weak lower front armor. Really liking the StugIII also.

Life is short, Enjoy the ride!
- Todd Phillips
Ride in peace brother.....
Wheedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:27 AM   #5152
MN_Smurf
Capt_Confusion

Oddometer: 2,356
I must be learning something about this game.....I just checked WotLabs and my efficiency has been up above 1500 consistently for the last 60 days.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:20 AM   #5153
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

I just went and looked at mine...

The last 24 hours the IS grind took a toll on my efficency and win rate... now that I have the gun from the KV-1S mounted I hope it gets better, but in 27 games I had a 30% win rate with it yesterday, and an efficency well below 800 shall we say.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:26 AM   #5154
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
I must be learning something about this game.....I just checked WotLabs and my efficiency has been up above 1500 consistently for the last 60 days.
That's the site - thank you!

I forgot which site gave that info, and couldn't find the link in a brief search of the thread a few days ago.

Past 24 hours, 51 battles played, 1831 efficiency... but my win rate, which was initially great, dropped off to give me just about two more percentage points than I have now - so that sucks. Past 60 days of win-rate, though, seems to be 59.61%. I guess I should be happier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird 928 View Post

The last 24 hours the IS grind took a toll on my efficency and win rate... now that I have the gun from the KV-1S mounted I hope it gets better, but in 27 games I had a 30% win rate with it yesterday, and an efficency well below 800 shall we say.
I'm nearly in the same boat. I just bought the tier-6 Churchill yesterday and played about three games in which I wasn't really all that great with the next to the last gun. I hate this part, and it leaves no doubt that those who invest more money into the game to convert Gold/XP over to Free XP will have better stats than those of us who grind up to the best gun each time. I should change my ways and just start paying WG more money to have better tanks.
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:16 AM   #5155
vwboomer
Buffoon

Oddometer: 9,618
only 10 battles in the last 24 hours. And I sucked it up with a 20% win rate and .5 k/d but an efficiency of 1529

cool site. Lets me know exactly how bad I am doing

vwboomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:21 AM   #5156
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Just to be clear, even though I was ranting about my stats, I still look at this as a game... I am just very competitive....

And in those battles yesterday with the IS, my crew went from 90% to 100%, thank goodness for the crew training bonus and the Credit bonus.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:58 AM   #5157
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 30,601
Yesterday: Won 34... Lost 24.

Unlocked the ISU-152 but don't have the big gun yet.

Grinding on the SU-122-44 most of the day; increased its win ratio 7%; it is almost to 50% (getting over those initial losses with a new tank takes a bit eh?).

I played the 25/2 and SU back to back a few times yesterday (both tier 7 TDs) and I think I like playing the SU more even though the 25/2 has a 63% win ratio.

You can brawl with an SU to an extent (as Dave demonstrated effectively a few times yesterday ) which is never an option with the turreted American td's and there is just something that feels good when the gun takes bigger bites

Sent from my cell phone reminding me that myopia sucks.
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:46 AM   #5158
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,110
Speaking of which, Ed, when I outfitted this crew for the SU-122-44, the first and most specific perk I chose was clutch-braking. I don't think we've discussed our 122-44 tactics as of yet, but that's mine. I'm probably at about 66% into Clutch Braking, but I believe it is helping me immensely for CQC. If this was a sniper TD I probably wouldn't have thought of it, but the thread I read described it as an assualt TD, and I found out the hard way that the gun's lateral movement was too restrictive to snipe with. Turning the whole TD and the slow re-aim just makes it ineffective at the same tasks a German TD would otherwise be good at.

I played with a guy last night who specifically stated that he considers all TD's defensive equipment, and that all TD's were snipe TD's. I disagree with that as much as I'd disagree with someone saying that all heavy tanks in the game were brawling tanks, or that all tanks in the game were sniping tanks. I just feel it isn't considering the whole picture very well. Of course no non-turreted TD is great as a face-to-face brawler since it can get flanked, but I consider the 'Assault TD' class a valid one, and that means playing with a mid-range technique to me.
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR

Mambo Dave screwed with this post 02-02-2013 at 11:53 AM
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:38 PM   #5159
Geek
oot & aboot

Dave: cool - I'm 80% on the clutch braking with mine too

Here's a screen shot of where I put the XVM hit counter we talked about yesterday:

Full size: http://topgeek.smugmug.com/Edward/Ra...O/shot_454.jpg
Old 02-02-2013, 12:39 PM   #5160
Geek
oot & aboot

Dave: I just had one of your GIANT HITS appear (top right)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: