User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 334 votes, 4.96 average. Display Modes
Old 02-03-2013, 12:33 AM   #5176
vwboomer
Buffoon

Oddometer: 9,295
had a good number of fair rounds earlier. it seems all the asshole drunks and children are online the last couple hours.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:13 AM   #5177
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,481
I was going to ask how that thing was. That's awesome! I'm going to have to go the slow route to it though... grinding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
btw.. putting the "derp" gun on the ISU is a hoot.

I finally figured out how to deal with a Type 59 - I one-shotted two of them last round with the Tier 6 derp gun on the Tier 8 (2nd defeat graphic above)

Pulled the trigger 4 times and did 1824 damage.
This is a Tier 6 gun?

p.s. the TRACKS should be the first upgrade on the ISU-152. Changes the tank from a slow pig to fun to play
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird 928 View Post

Sometimes it is a dangerous job and proper PPE is required.

For some reason my work won't let me wear my gear :-)

I've got to imagine it's a little tough dispatching for areas you are so far from. When I was in EMS, we were pretty much the absolute last major suburban area in the country, from what I knew, that still didn't have 911 (due to the politics of police, fire, EMS and dispatch centers) back in the 1990's, so I also dispatched for our under about 80 square-miles of five townships just north of Pittsburgh, PA, plus another volunteer township next to us (if it was my turn to dispatch... I forget how we worked it out, but we rotated manning the ambulances and dispatching during nights, where the secretaries would dispatch during normal day hours). At least I had some familiarity with the roads and areas... but even then, I swear we had two parallel somewhat main-line two-lane roads that were about a mile apart, and both had the SAME NAME. I hated dispatching crews to that area.
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:34 AM   #5178
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,156
Don't you guys just love it when a 1600 battle player with a 39% win rate starts spouting orders because he's in the Tier 9 tank at the top of the list? Check out this guy's stats....further proof that it's time, not skill that gets people to Tier 10.

http://worldoftanks.com/community/ac...8790-nisohyde/
Old 02-03-2013, 07:12 AM   #5179
Cat0020
El cheapo

Oddometer: 5,344
Not sure why people think grinding up to a tier X tank takes much skill .... grinding up to a tier VIII SPG.. that may be a different story.

Win rate and battle efficiency usually goes to the dumps when your primary goal is to grind up to a top tier.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:20 AM   #5180
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 29,814
Yesterday morning I posted about winning 10 more than losing on Friday. Yesterday I lost 13 more than I win.

Talk about jinxing one's self

Sent from my cell phone reminding me that myopia sucks.
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:22 AM   #5181
Geek
oot & aboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat0020 View Post
Not sure why people think grinding up to a tier X tank takes much skill .... grinding up to a tier VIII SPG.. that may be a different story. .

Sent from my cell phone reminding me that myopia sucks.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:53 AM   #5182
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

The tank centered in this image is not me. In fact, I never wanted to even know scrubs like this existed, and was content in my world of monster pwnage and wishing I could get just a little help on my end of the map.

But instead I was faced with this image when the camera flashed to the tank that killed me. This is the Fucking fuck that killed me, then laughed, while I held an entire onslaught of tanks at bay, pretty much alone, and was only open to do more damage. I criticized him afterward, lightly, only to be told to lighten up by some other equally useless fuck in a T69 who would have lost the battle for us as well.

The T69 had done less than 1000 damage by the end of the battle, and the 25/2 far less.

But, alas, check out the damage counter that could have been higher had my own team not ended my work.

Good Silver earnings, but relatively crappy XP...

Also, I ammo-racked a Type 59 with my SU-122-44 afterward... 1110 damage with one shot, lol. And the damage marker does a cool little bomb for ammo racking!

their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Old 02-03-2013, 08:47 AM   #5183
Geek
oot & aboot

So I lost 8 in a row in my T34 yesterday despite playing well getting Reaper awards, 4 kills/round, etc. Usually a lucky tank; yesterday not so much.
I figured this morning I'd fire up the game and win one quick in it just to reduce my frustration with yesterday and to get my friggin' x2 finally.

I'm Tier 8. There are eight Tier 10s and ten Tier 9s.
For some reason the matchmaker decided it was fair to give them SIX tier 9s and give us four.
I killed a T-54 and the E-75 and held the middle until the end. What did my team do?
According to XVM we have better players (yeah right).

I think I'll try and get my win ratio down to 42% so I become the ultimate sand bagger

/whine

I think I'll spend the day doing motorcycle stuff
Old 02-03-2013, 11:04 AM   #5184
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Quote:

I think I'll spend the day doing motorcycle stuff
Sounds like a good idea.

It was cooler this morning, so I logged in to get myself team-killed. But after it warmed up a bit I excused myself and began the process of learning to do the valves on the DR650SE. I don't know why I see it as such a worrisome project the first time I do each new (to me, but used) bike's valves, but I procrastinated doing these until it had 7720 miles on it.

Totally screwed up the intake valves / top-dead-center... somehow... and upon putting it back together and starting it I was rewarded with CLACK-CLACK-CLACK-CLACK-CLACK-CLACK-CLACK-CLACK-CLACK-CLACK-CLACK-CLACK-CLACK-CLACK-CLACK-CLACK-CLACK-CLACK-CLACK-CLACK TURN IT OFF!!!!

Yeah, lol.

It was just a short episode of too loose of valves.

Tried for TDC again and found the correct 360-degree-turn of the motor for the correct measurement. I think it's OK now. Damned vacuum petcock is free-flowing, and I'm not sure why, but it runs fine.

Now for some Tanks!
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Old 02-03-2013, 03:47 PM   #5185
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,196
everytime I see someone drive off the cliff at Dragons Ridge, I keep hoping to see this as a result.

I only wish that it could happen, as I probably would laugh harder than when Geek and I ran head on into eachother while trying to kill the tank between us.
Big Bird 928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:11 PM   #5186
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

I don't know why I like this bomb "blown up!" symbol so much, but I made someone really sad at the very beginning of a battle just now... first shot of the game, one single shot to a full-health E-75 - Ammo Racked...

Culminating in 5000 damage done...

but those two 110E4's were the two extra tier tens they got, while we got two tier 8's when they had NO tier 8's... so we lost.
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR

Mambo Dave screwed with this post 02-03-2013 at 05:21 PM
Old 02-03-2013, 05:05 PM   #5187
Geek
oot & aboot

A private motorcycle collection was made available for us today so we could enjoy (and in my case work on my photography skills).

Enough motorcycle talk... time for some tanks
Old 02-03-2013, 05:20 PM   #5188
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Quote:
A private motorcycle collection was made available for us today so we could enjoy (and in my case work on my photography skills).

More motorcycle pictures, please! And give me the low-down on the front brake. I can tell from you choosing it that you and I have similar tastes in mechanical design and components.
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Old 02-03-2013, 05:22 PM   #5189
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,196
Quote:

I see tanks in the pictures...
Big Bird 928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:28 PM   #5190
Geek
oot & aboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
More motorcycle pictures, please! And give me the low-down on the front brake. I can tell from you choosing it that you and I have similar tastes in mechanical design and components.
Not to go too far off topic; that particular bike is a Piaggi. The last one in the world (they just bought it.. paid 6 figures). The brake housings that you are seeing are "air scoops" that funnel air onto the brakes to cool them faster; very similar to what they do on today's F1 cars. The old bikes had a real problem with brakes overheating/fading while racing.. so anything you could do to cool them down quicker helped.

I don't want to go too off topic in this thead.. I took a few hundreds pics.. but I'll throw up one more:

The compactness of the engine in this thing makes my 1976 R90/6's boxer motor look like a E-100 motor:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: