User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 532 votes, 4.98 average. Display Modes
Old 03-23-2012, 09:37 AM   #511
MN_Smurf
Capt_Confusion

Oddometer: 2,434
As in "I have AP loaded, but I really want HE loaded"? If you have both types on your tank during a battle, you'll see them represented at the bottom of the screen. In the instance of AP and HE, AP will usually be tied to 1 and HE will be 2. If you have AP loaded and want HE for the next shot, just hit 2 once and it will load after your next shot. If you want to swap HE in immediately, double tap 2 and the gun will reload.
Old 03-23-2012, 09:51 AM   #512
Boughan
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 791
Thank you!!!

Got a Grille and a Hetzer atm. Having fun. Forming an Adv clan would be fun!

Flying is not so much an art, but the trick to throw yourself at the ground and miss... (Hitchhikers Guide)
Boughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:00 AM   #513
MN_Smurf
Capt_Confusion

Oddometer: 2,434
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodag View Post
how do we start a clan?
It takes someone with a premium membership to start a clan, however you don't have to be premium to join a clan. I'm pretty sure the clan leader's premium account has to be maintained continuously for as long as you want to have the clan. I'm not sure why we want to, unless some of you want to try to get involved in Clan Wars......
Old 03-23-2012, 10:03 AM   #514
Hodag
native

Oddometer: 22,792
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
It takes someone with a premium membership to start a clan, however you don't have to be premium to join a clan. I'm pretty sure the clan leader's premium account has to be maintained continuously for as long as you want to have the clan. I'm not sure why we want to, unless some of you want to try to get involved in Clan Wars......
I just want it to say (fyyff) after my name
Hodag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:04 AM   #515
SteelJM1
Undercover KTM rider

Oddometer: 1,638
I'd be down for a clan. Or soomething where we can work together. It's amazing (and amazingly frustrating if you're on the losing team) to see a well executed strategy dominate a map.

I still have to fight the urge to push too far forward with my TD when things seem to be going well for my team.
SteelJM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:47 AM   #516
Cat0020
El cheapo

Oddometer: 5,492
Some of my better days:

Talk about frustrating:

Old 03-23-2012, 12:02 PM   #517
AKjeff
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkidMarx View Post
Did the file work for you?
They loaded fine but I had serious lag when they were running. I have things disabled while I try and do some testing to figure things out.

One of the threads that Mambo linked mentioned using a proxy server (I think) to enable the win ratio add on. Is that the case with that file too? I didn't see win ratios or hit skins.

Maybe I didn't enable things right? I unzipped into the res_mods\0.7.1.1 file.

AKjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:51 PM   #518
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKjeff View Post
They loaded fine but I had serious lag when they were running. I have things disabled while I try and do some testing to figure things out.

One of the threads that Mambo linked mentioned using a proxy server (I think) to enable the win ratio add on. Is that the case with that file too? I didn't see win ratios or hit skins.

Yeah, the one I used this time has a proxy file, program or server running in the background for the win ratios. The over Target Markers (huge help! they tell you if that heavy spotted on the other side of town with the three-stripe diamond is for is a KV or a Maus... good stuff to know if you're not the top dog in the battle, lol) work without the proxy server being on.

This is the first mod I've ever seen that used a proxy, but it seems OK. Most other mods don't need the info that the WIn Ratio one does. so they won't use it.
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Mambo Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:45 PM   #519
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,879
Quote:

The hit skins aren't on all tanks. Mostly just the tier 8-10. I don't have the win ratio mod in there.
SkidMarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:18 PM   #520
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Oddometer: 7,891
Clan costs 2500 gold to start.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:26 PM   #521
SteelJM1
Undercover KTM rider

Oddometer: 1,638
Currently running at 6 fps. Unplayable. Will have to wait until tomorrow for the new rig to be complete
SteelJM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:31 PM   #522
AKjeff
Beastly Adventurer

:sigh... I keep thinking about deleting my WoT folder.

Let's here about some of your bad matches...

I (occasionally) have matches where everything goes right. Even if I die, maybe I helped kill a couple enemy tanks, or feel like I've done a good job scouting.

Then there's the majority of my matches where, due to my speed, I'm the first one to the scene of the accident. I go around a corner and find every enemy heavy right in my face. Or someone reaches out and touches me from across the map (I forgot about that hill again). Or I get fumble fingered and back into a rock wall, thus making an easy target for the medium that is rapidly approaching.

There should be an award for first killed in the most matches

Old 03-24-2012, 03:36 AM   #523
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,171
Quote:
:sigh... I keep thinking about deleting my WoT folder.

Let's here about some of your bad matches...
You might mean my 9 losses, 1 win last night? I was dying early a few times, but MM was just not working for me either. I'll tell ya, it is disheartening to have that Win Ratio mod going, as I now see there is a direct correlation to my team's top two or three tanks having something like a 48% win ratio (and a few times very much worse), and theirs with even only 50% or 51% Win Ratios - there are better players and worse players, period. I kept thinking I'd see one of my teams 'overcome' the odds and their slightly lower stats, because it just seems natural. It didn't happen last night. 45% and below Tier 8's, I've found (was following them around after my death) often shoot their gun far too early out of surprise and frustration instead of aiming at the target. Go figure...

Don't get me wrong, I'll take the blame for dying and not taking up the slack of the guys one tier higher last night (which is often what you have to do). I guess I just wasn't playing smart. I was dominating in one match, but half way from base, and the guys at base refused to try to slow the cap. In fact, the one left as I turned around messaged "Save yourselves, we've lost!" instead of shooting even one of the few invaders to give me just that little bit of time to get the Slugger back there. I crested to see them just as the base was captured.

It's that lack of understanding what it takes to push it to the limits to get a win, even if it means your eventual destruction, that garners losses for others when I can find wins with even a tank one tier lower than the remaining team.

I gave up and went over to my other account (the one that hasn't been MM nerfed by Russian devs yet, lol), and won seven in a row using all of my tanks, with I think two Snipers and one Top Gun award amongst those matches.
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR

Mambo Dave screwed with this post 03-24-2012 at 03:44 AM
Mambo Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 04:35 AM   #524
AKjeff
Beastly Adventurer

I shouldn't have looked at my stats.
I have a 43% win ratio. I did better in tier 2 and 3 tanks, I was at 48%.
My survival ratio is 17%

I don't mind dying for a good cause. If I think we can win I'll sacrifice myself to defend the base or distract the enemy. I especially like keeping two or three enemy mediums and heavies busy trying to kill my light, while my team is taking care of business else ware.

Old 03-24-2012, 05:33 AM   #525
AKjeff
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
By now, with tier 4 and 5's (actually, by tier four - especially with TD's and Arty), you should either have already stopped to allow most crews to train to 100% (from 75%), or you are doing so now. Continuing on, now, as if the next highest tier will finally do it for you is a sure path to low wins and frustration. With the tier 5's, get each crew to 100%, then stick with it to train up secondary skills. If you plan on using tier 5 as a credit maker tier then you're set, if not then the crews with the secondary skills will keep those important secondary skills when transferred over (at 90% or 80% for 20k credits each) for the next higher tier tank. The secondary skills still work even though the crew member, when transferred, is not at 100% any longer.

So, yeah, stop enjoy the roses (i.e. the 'free' game), and allow your skill, and your crews' skills, to train up. Find good places to snipe and watch the progression of the battle. This will help later when you see what does work (in my case, with heavies, that is usually not holding back, not giving up half of the mid-way points, etc. - the static places people stop and wait the for beginning of the battle to occur, at tiers 6, 7 and 8, just don't need to be that way each time if you want wins), and what doesn't. Entire teams of people holding back don't work, granted, but as a guy trying to learn the ropes - you have a right to do so (unless you chose a light-tank research path where you are the scout for teams - light- and medium-dedicated lines are for players with skills... crews skills matter little compared to player skills on those lines).
I just read this again. Thanks for the post Mambo.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: