Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 348 votes, 4.97 average. Display Modes
Old 02-05-2013, 09:13 PM   #5251
timk519
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
Two wins and two losses later I saw exactly what they were talking about with how bad the pubs were tonight (saw a teammate tier 9 throw the entire battle, then berate everyone else who he let, and watched, die before he moved from base or really shot).
I hear you - I had a T110E4 race back to base and cower in the back corner, didn't see him fire a shot, and he was the 2nd ranked tank on our squad, then cuss me out for calling him out for sitting on base.

Old 02-05-2013, 09:42 PM   #5252
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,202
< 20% for the day... I am thinking this is the new normal for me. I have now lost over 120,000 silver in one day.

I think my aspirations of joining clan wars are over, and I should just go for a less than 40% overall at this point to sandbag. I lost 2% on my overall in the last 3 days.

Big Bird 928 screwed with this post 02-05-2013 at 09:50 PM
Big Bird 928 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:11 PM   #5253
vwboomer
Buffoon

Oddometer: 9,309
I ran a couple rounds before work. the SU26 is fucked and no longer fun to play. Ran out of rounds and was the last guy left against their last tank. screw it. I head to the flag and hide behind a building (airfield) and detect him on the otherside of the building with 20 seconds to full cap. he chased me around the building before blowing through it, but I got 100% cap ftw

I have determined that no tank in my inventory can pen a T95, even aiming at the frontal 'weak' spots. Not the T28Proto, Not the ST1, Not the GwPanther, not the IS3. All with the biggest guns available
Old 02-06-2013, 05:54 AM   #5254
UngaWunga
Mosquito bait

Oddometer: 6,849
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwboomer View Post
I have determined that no tank in my inventory can pen a T95, even aiming at the frontal 'weak' spots. Not the T28Proto, Not the ST1, Not the GwPanther, not the IS3. All with the biggest guns available
Yeah, I just run away from those and hope the team can tackle them last. Normally they're so slow they can only sit on the edge of the battle.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:38 AM   #5255
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird 928 View Post
< 20% for the day... I am thinking this is the new normal for me. I have now lost over 120,000 silver in one day.

I think my aspirations of joining clan wars are over, and I should just go for a less than 40% overall at this point to sandbag. I lost 2% on my overall in the last 3 days.
LOL, but it's about efficiency and damage now with good clans. Just keep plugging along.

With the right tank choices and moves I was able to get my other account up to about a 57% win ratio completely solo. But that was only after learning the hard way, with the first account, which tanks could win a battle, and which tanks were merely support tanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UngaWunga View Post
Yeah, I just run away from those and hope the team can tackle them last. Normally they're so slow they can only sit on the edge of the battle.
I call it "negating" as in "negating their T95." If the T95 was dumb enough to move too far from his base without a coherent plan then it just isn't something to focus on. There are always plenty of other routes to take to get around him.

There was once a really good write-up on how to play the T95. A guy went into drawing lines across maps as to timing, and how far was too far to ever make it back, etc. This should be required reading for any T95 player. However, last week I teamed up with two good BAD clan players, one of which was grinding a T95. IMHO, it was painfully obvious he was trying to use it wrong most of the time, and causing his teams grief because of it. I politely asked if he had read the thread that delved into T95 play-style theory, but he got mad and said he thought he was playing it very well already.

He wasn't. He was dedicating himself to routes that weren't working out, and doing that every game. He simply would not look at team dispersion, win/efficiency rates, or anything and make calculated choices based on those (choices that I was introduced to, and had to learn, to play the T28 Prototype effectively... and the Proto is faster than the T95, and it has a turret...). It was sort of interesting to see someone who was otherwise pretty good at the game absolutely ignore good theory to just try to play something so different - something that requires a new set of rules, and comes with a new set of limitations - as a standard heavy tank... and I soon gave up playing tier 9's with him. His only goal was to grind another 110E3 for his clan to have since they needed it. He did seem to care about winning, but didn't seem to care that he had choices to make to do so.

And I have a feeling there are far more worse-playing T95 owners out there than him.

But always remember this with the T95. It's scary, yes, but its gun isn't a Death Star laser... it will hurt, but if you're full health, and have the advantage of teammates or terrain, I've won against them plenty of times by taking their shot as I drove by (Ouch!), at which point I'm beside or behind them and... they get taken out at that point.

One of the biggest problems with newer players who are in good tanks (or players who never seem to win despite many battles) is that they are so afraid to take a shot in exchange for a much more advantageous position (such as the middle-hill on the Mines map (I think it is)). Gaining the positioning on a T95 is much like that.
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR

Mambo Dave screwed with this post 02-06-2013 at 07:10 AM
Mambo Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:56 AM   #5256
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,172
Dave, I need to pick your mind a little on the 28 Proto the next time we're on TS together. I thought I would like it, but I'm having a hard time really getting into playing it, mainly because of the issues you mentioned and that I am aware that I don't play it well....and I'm the type of guy that doesn't play a tank much until I can figure out how to play it well.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:15 AM   #5257
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 29,851
Had time for one round before I head off to a client...

Eight Tier 10s
Six Tier 9s
..and the rest of us lowly 8s.

First I run into a Maus

He's distracted... and I managed to kill the bugger!
Then I shoot an M103 and do 938 in a single shot! The biggest shot yet I've seen out of the BL10

...the round continues and I'm getting hits in the 700-800 range.

At the end I have broadside on a Patton - I shoot him TWICE (over 30 seconds) in the center of the tracks and both bounce

Gotta love it when you get 2nd in your Tier 8 in a Tier 10 battle

4347 damage in 7 penns.
ok.. now off to work to pay for more gold
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:27 AM   #5258
janeuner
Get Some

Oddometer: 1,100

This was a match included rjbergen, Barike, and myself, all in TDs.

We turned this loss:

Into this draw:

Damned good teamwork.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird 928 View Post
I should just go for a less than 40% overall at this point to sandbag. I lost 2% on my overall in the last 3 days.
If I may make a suggestion ... take more risks. From the various times that I have spectated ya, I've watched a great many missed opportunities.

You have a Covenanter, with an OK win rate - grind it out to the T6 Cromwell and stick with it for 400-500 games. It is fast, it has an excellent gun, so play aggressively but avoid brawling. With it's weak armor, it will reward you for making attacks of opportunity, and learning to spot them will make you a much better heavy driver.

janeuner screwed with this post 02-06-2013 at 08:33 AM
janeuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:33 AM   #5259
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 12,670
When the M40/43 is on it puts a HUGE hurtin on T95's Most I've run into think they are immortal and charge brazenly (albeit slowly) out in the open. BOOM! 1200 damage. Even with the nerf the M40/43 still plays well. The SU26? Not so much. I checked last night and I have enough xp in the SU26 to fully equip an SU14. I pretty much have stopped playing it. I still have a 63% win rate in it though.

Tough crowd last night. I don't run XVM or any other mods, so I go into battles treating them all the same. Running the Cromwell, I took 3 losses before I got a win. I was pissed that I scouted 10 tanks, but didn't get the award.

I got tunnel vision in Erlenburg and saw a T-50 come for our arty so I turned and chased him down. He tried everything to lose me (for probably 2 full minutes), but I ran him down and rammed him for the kill I then went after thier arty, 1 shot then ram for a kill and the SU100 protecting arty gained the circle of death. I went for the cap and realized I was all that was left of the team I got off 2 more shots before they swarmed me for probably the funnest loss in a long time
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:39 AM   #5260
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Oddometer: 7,639
I missed the entire weekend and the last two days, after someone bullied me into trying Minecraft for a bit. That shit is crack, and I need my tank fix. I'll be on tonight, around 9pm eastern.
Smithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:09 AM   #5261
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,172
Ed, you're making me jealous. I'm still 15K xp away from the BL-10. I should make a good dent in that tonight though, since SWMBO has class.

Of course, this also assumes that I'll have decent teams as well.......
Old 02-06-2013, 09:17 AM   #5262
vwboomer
Buffoon

Oddometer: 9,309
someone please explain how my xvm changes each time I load it?

I click on the xvm-stat to start the game. It showed a bunch of stuff by the players, the mini map mod that shows your range, time/date upper left.

So I wanted to see my damage and tracked down the clock part. added - and it disappeared when I reloaded. Which gave me my running damage view again. but all the numbers except total win % next to players in the list disappeared, the mini map range circles disappeared
Oh, and arty mod was gone.

the cfg file I edited was in res_mods 8.3 gui flash

what's going on?

I want the arty mod, the camera (so you can zoom way out) mod, running damage to enemies mod, win % , win chance.

am I somehow loading conflicting cfg files?
Old 02-06-2013, 09:20 AM   #5263
timk519
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
Dave, I need to pick your mind a little on the 28 Proto the next time we're on TS together. I thought I would like it, but I'm having a hard time really getting into playing it, mainly because of the issues you mentioned and that I am aware that I don't play it well....and I'm the type of guy that doesn't play a tank much until I can figure out how to play it well.
I have the T28 proto, the T28, and I'm learning my new-to-me T95. Played right the T28 Proto and T28 are awesome fighting machines. The T95 is frustrating because it's biggest problem is just getting to the fight!

The best tactic with the Proto and T28 is to fight from cover (bushes or around a building corner), from a distance, and in support of friendly tanks (ie, the OPFOR is concentrating on someone else, not you). They're both vulnerable to arty and flanking, so don't let yourself get into a position for that to happen. One of my best matches was teamed up with a heavy who took care of covering the flank area while I took on the heavy armor at a distance.

Because of their low speed, strong frontal armor, and weak side armor, they require patience, watching the minimap to see how the battle is developing, and then picking a route to support either the weakest flank to block the OPFOR from attacking your base, or the flank that'll get you the win.

Assuming there's time available, I'd be willing to get together with other clan-mates in a training room and talk about what I've learned.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:22 AM   #5264
timk519
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by papalobster View Post
When the M40/43 is on it puts a HUGE hurtin on T95's Most I've run into think they are immortal and charge brazenly (albeit slowly) out in the open. BOOM! 1200 damage.
I hate arties like you when I'm running my T95....
Old 02-06-2013, 09:57 AM   #5265
Barike
Spindly Adventurer

Oddometer: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeuner View Post
[URL="http://mwreplays.com/replay/YEN4ESUDIJHT/"]
This was a match included rjbergen, Barike, and myself, all in TDs.

We turned this loss:
It was a fun match! But it makes me feel like a bit of a loser being that I didn't help that much... Then again, I got hung out to dry with only an M6 and I guarding the forest flank and pretty well got swarmed... Not hung out to dry by my platoon, they did very well for themselves! Just the whole damn team ignored the forest...

Oh well, it was great fun playing with you guys!
Barike is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: