Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 428 votes, 4.97 average. Display Modes
Old 02-08-2013, 07:11 AM   #5371
janeuner
Get Some

Oddometer: 1,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat0020 View Post
For those arty haters, knowing how play an arty might help you dealing with your hate.
Eh, don't be a bitch. I like 2 arty per side. 8 per side...not so much.

I did a training round with BigBird last night, showing him where to shoot on the IS-7 with a 175 pen gun.
From the front: AP to the track, or HE to the driver.
From the side: fire directly at the return run of the tracks, between the second and third road wheels. Boom, ammo rack.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:23 AM   #5372
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 30,261
What does the leFH18B2 normally cost? I'm trying to figure out if the sale has started or not... it currently says 1500 gold.
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:24 AM   #5373
Geek
oot & aboot

any x2's you didn't get last night are now x3's

...time to take advantage of time zones and get that extra round of x3's in
Old 02-08-2013, 07:25 AM   #5374
frecks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeuner View Post
Eh, don't be a bitch. I like 2 arty per side. 8 per side...not so much.

I did a training round with BigBird last night, showing him where to shoot on the IS-7 with a 175 pen gun.
From the front: AP to the track, or HE to the driver.
From the side: fire directly at the return run of the tracks, between the second and third road wheels. Boom, ammo rack.
Thanks for the graphic. That will be helpful.
frecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:35 AM   #5375
janeuner
Get Some

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
What does the leFH18B2 normally cost? I'm trying to figure out if the sale has started or not... it currently says 1500 gold.
The wiki always lists the full price:
http://wiki.worldoftanks.com/105_leFH18B2
Old 02-08-2013, 07:40 AM   #5376
Cat0020
El cheapo

Oddometer: 5,409
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeuner View Post
Eh, don't be a bitch. I like 2 arty per side. 8 per side...not so much..
If you spend as much time studying how to play SPG vs how much penetration done to enemy vehicle; do you think it would matter how many arty there are per side?
Old 02-08-2013, 07:42 AM   #5377
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,968
I've written that I kinda was thinking Sheriffs are regular players who have been asked.

Someone stated that they thought this was incorrect, and that it was War Gaming personnel.

But I found a TS channel with two of them, so I stayed in it to bullshit and to listen to questions people were asking that I really wanted to know the answers to as well.

From what I garner - Sheriffs:

- Clan leadership of major clans

- Randomly picked

- Invite (by war gaming) only

- only get to play German and Russian tanks (not sure why)

- accounts have plenty of credits already, but it's up to them to choose how to fit out the tanks (rammer, vent, etc.)

- Apparently can platoon up with other sheriffs, but these choose not to to "spread the love"

- clan or legion (consortium) players can't platoon with them, but can count in to battles with them to try to work with them to win battles. No collusion allowed, and Sheriffs will not help clan mates who end up on the opposite side to find them to earn gold

Screenshot of the two Sheriffs in the TS channel I, and later many others, switched to to learn about Sheriffs:

their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Mambo Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:01 AM   #5378
Geek
oot & aboot

Par for the course the last 3 days.

6 kills.
Top Gun.
Sniper.

DEFEAT.

...and it wasn't on a cheap cap; they wiped our "team" out.

Ugh.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:21 AM   #5379
Geek
oot & aboot

New conspiracy theory.

Remember when I posted up my blatant TK for the idiot that kept bumping me?

Perhaps this puts you on a "shit list" with other TK'ers and the matchmaker punishes you for the next 100 rounds.

Old 02-08-2013, 08:23 AM   #5380
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
I've written that I kinda was thinking Sheriffs are regular players who have been asked.

Someone stated that they thought this was incorrect, and that it was War Gaming personnel.

But I found a TS channel with two of them, so I stayed in it to bullshit and to listen to questions people were asking that I really wanted to know the answers to as well.

- Randomly picked

- accounts have plenty of credits already, but it's up to them to choose how to fit out the tanks (rammer, vent, etc.)

- Apparently can platoon up with other sheriffs, but these choose not to to "spread the love"

- clan or legion (consortium) players can't platoon with them, but can count in to battles with them to try to work with them to win battles. No collusion allowed, and Sheriffs will not help clan mates who end up on the opposite side to find them to earn gold

Screenshot of the two Sheriffs in the TS channel I, and later many others, switched to to learn about Sheriffs:
When I shot the sheriff....I think it was a tier 3 match he chatted with me for a bit....telling me good shot and such. Seemed like a pretty nice guy.
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:27 AM   #5381
frecks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 238
Quote:

- Randomly picked

There's a Wargaming employee (Strykewolf) on another forum that I'm a member of and he sometimes gives out sheriff accounts to other people from the forum. I almost got one, but he only had 3 accounts to give out and they had already been claimed before I saw this. This is what he had to say yesterday:

Quote:
Originally Posted By Strykewolf:
Quote:
Originally Posted By Repents:
Quote:
Originally Posted By Strykewolf:
Welps. Sherriff event this weekend. Got two accounts this time. Drop me a holler if interested in helping out.
How does that work? I wouldn't mind playing a Sheriff for the fun of being hunted especially if it lets me try out tanks that I don't have yet.
Well, currently, only German and Russian lines work for sherriff events. But, you have (more than) enough resources to purchase and max out any vehicle of either line. 100% crews, spam gold, etc. Basically, you announce your presence in the match at the beginning and raise hell until they blow you up. No smack talking, etc. I have talked with some folks, when not busy trying to dodge/fight. The event is 500 gold again. The reward is automatically given to the player that kills you.

Quote:
Rules:

•No team kills

•No drowning or intentionally destroying your tank so players don’t receive gold

•No tank companies or training rooms

•No predetermined battles with clan mates (no trying to get in battles with clans to purposefully give them gold - ie counting down to enter a battle together)

•No intentionally advancing to a an enemy mate to “offer” them free gold (ie placing yourself in a easy kill position for a friend).

•No Recruiting for you clan while on a sheriff accounts

•No telling a player they will be banned. Just report them via a support ticket.

•There is no need to report Team Killing.

•You may platoon with friends, but NOT other sheriffs.

You will also be responsible for the actions of players that you platoon with. If you choose to platoon please choose you allies carefully.

Your own personal account could be directly influenced by any punishable actions done on the Sheriff accounts reserved under your name

•Announce at the beginning of each battle your presence in the battle using the message below.

Do not share these accounts with more than 2 trusted people - it is your own responsibility to make sure these accounts are not abused.

•Please try to cover as many tiers as possible - 500 Gold for a new player is a great surprise ;)

•If a friendly player is abusing of physics, you can warn them that doing so can be severely punished.
Be mindful of the black bold. (Personally, I avoid platooning, at all, when sherriff as folks do complain about it...that said, it is allowed and will not tell you that you cannot)

Red bold applies to me. I would become rather annoyed if my account got banned.

Blue bold applies to me. You cannot share the accounts with others as I am the one responsible for them. I have to.

Also, in our case. Make sure you are in the arfcom game channel so others that have access know the account is currently active. This is to avoid having one log into it and booting the person currently playing the account.
frecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:31 AM   #5382
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,968
Frecks, I must have misunderstood the platooning thing then. Other players, but not sheriffs. That's cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPGT72 View Post
When I shot the sheriff....I think it was a tier 3 match he chatted with me for a bit....telling me good shot and such. Seemed like a pretty nice guy.
Both were really nice guys in the TS channel I was in.
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Mambo Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:32 AM   #5383
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat0020 View Post
If you spend as much time studying how to play SPG vs how much penetration done to enemy vehicle; do you think it would matter how many arty there are per side?

Make no mistake I do know how to play arty, and how to hide from them.....but in those games are a total bore for me.
It is actually easy to hide from arty, so many houses bolders and such to hide behind....but where is the fun in that. I had one game that came down to me in my JS3 and 3 arty units....I just sat by my base and waited for the draw. I knew that three arty would pound me in a quick death so why move. They came after me....I just stayed behind my rock and picked them off as they came up....then I went after the enemy base and sure enough there was the last one sitting there behind a bush....

Each of these three arty units had 4-5 kills each....something wrong here.

Arty is totally fucked up in this game....the fact they can see the entire map is wrong, that they can see a tree fall with no other units spotting for that is wrong.

Yes I hate arty.
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:36 AM   #5384
Cat0020
El cheapo

Oddometer: 5,409
I did not say that you don't know how to play arty.

Old 02-08-2013, 08:43 AM   #5385
janeuner
Get Some

Quote:
Frecks, I must have misunderstood the platooning thing then. Other players, but not sheriffs. That's cool.
I would be awful for this. I'd grab the two best dudes I could find and troll the shit out of the enemy teams. Politely

Sheriff (All) > I'll be in C4, behind the rock. Sorry arty!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: