Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 529 votes, 4.98 average. Display Modes
Old 02-08-2013, 05:29 PM   #5401
MN_Smurf
Capt_Confusion

Oddometer: 2,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird 928 View Post
For those looking to replace the life remaining with damage dealt on your after battle reports, there are some links and info here.

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.p...k-for-083/#top

Skid I think you were the one who sent me the link originally, but I can't find it now, if you have a better location for it post it up.
That's a good mod...thanks.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:34 PM   #5402
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 30,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by P B G View Post
Lots of hits, with very low damage..
...try playing Tier 10 where the Tier 8 arti are dishing out 1000+ point hits.
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:38 PM   #5403
OLDNX
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 663
Hey ED is that Crested butte? God it makes me home sick the highest point in Colorado is 14,433 and in FL is 300'ish and ive been to both!

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck

OLDNX screwed with this post 02-08-2013 at 05:45 PM
OLDNX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:37 PM   #5404
Geek
oot & aboot

Bill: those pics were from all over - the Pearl Pass sign is half way between Creste Butte and Aspen (a pass I had no business riding a 950 over )

Old 02-08-2013, 07:32 PM   #5405
P B G
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
...try playing Tier 10 where the Tier 8 arti are dishing out 1000+ point hits.
My concept fixes this. Direct arty hits should be a kill, should be harder to get them.
P B G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:59 PM   #5406
OConnor OP
Bad juju

Oddometer: 3,522
I would settle for being able to one-shot arty with any Medium+ tank.
2000 SV650 track bike
1971 CB175 vintage racer inabox
OConnor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:56 PM   #5407
Geek
oot & aboot

Easy solution - every player gets a toggle box in their settings:

Do you want to play maps with arti?

Uncheck it - no arti.

The the masses will have voted on what happens

That said; I bought one of those french arti today.. hard to resist at 750 gold. Graham bought one too. We ran them together and I got 3 kills and he got 2 - so the two of us took out 1/3 of the enemy team with arti we had no clue how to play
Old 02-08-2013, 10:32 PM   #5408
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
Easy solution - every player gets a toggle box in their settings:

Do you want to play maps with arti?

Uncheck it - no arti.

The the masses will have voted on what happens

That said; I bought one of those french arti today.. hard to resist at 750 gold. Graham bought one too. We ran them together and I got 3 kills and he got 2 - so the two of us took out 1/3 of the enemy team with arti we had no clue how to play
So, like the Attack Defend maps? that actually sounds reasonable but you will end up with arty waiting for like 10 minutes to get into a match if most uncheck that box.

was that the arty you took into a tier 10 battle?
Big Bird 928 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:17 AM   #5409
frecks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat0020 View Post
What gave you the idea that I am here for help?

You want to win in battles, come platoon with me.
Clearly not your attitude, since you seem to know everything already. When I want to listen to someone be sarcastic on the internet, I'll come platoon with you. In the meantime, you don't need to be arrogant and disrespectful to the other members of this forum/clan. It's just not necessary.

If I want to win battles (or just have fun), I'll platoon with ... anyone else in the clan. Unless the concept of mathematics has completely failed me, I think my win rate, WN6, efficiency, etc. are all significantly higher numbers without platooning with you. Platooning with you wouldn't help me win.

Sorry for going off topic. I just don't see where you get your overwhelming arrogance from and I'm kinda sick of it.

frecks screwed with this post 02-09-2013 at 01:24 PM
frecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:52 AM   #5410
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,166
re: my suddenly wrong efficiency with XVM

I just read that XVM updates the stats it holds for about a week. XVM is not an instantaneous reading of players' stats. Somehow, something got crossed up and threw me back to 1290 from 1410 in the matter of a day... while my efficiency was ever-climbing. I'm at 1414 now, and if what I read is true, XVM should get a new reading in a few days and show my stat correctly.

I just wonder how it got the 1290, since if it reverted to some really old stat... why didn't it do the same for everyone else? Or was it a crossed-up number that was someone else's stat?
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:16 AM   #5411
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 13,141
I logged on for a bit after snow removal duty last night and lost like 6 in a row, disheartening.

Extreme luck shot in a tier 10 match in Sand River, M40/43 took 1300 hp away from a Tiger II. He was hugging a rock, and turned away to go after a T21. I happened to launch as he cleared the rock. Second shot, E100 -900hp doing the heavy battle to the north. Lining up on a Maus and then a 59-16 came up behind me and killed me.

I like playing the arty in higher tiers. I generally wait for my first shot to counter battery as I know most of the set up spots and wait for the shell traces. The next 2-3 shots generally I support the thrust. After that, I either C-B if there isn't a decent shot or wait for someone to request fire.

I used to love playing the SU26, but no more. They over-nerfed it I think.

It's funny though, usually the people that bitch about arty are the first ones to blame arty for a failed battle.

I don't even go to the WoT forums anymore.
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:08 AM   #5412
Cat0020
El cheapo

Oddometer: 5,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by frecks View Post
Clearly not your attitude, since you know everything already. When I want to listen to some sarcastic ass on the internet, I'll come platoon with you.
I never said that I know everything, please read more carefully and make further assumption of what I said.

Quote:
If I want to win battles (or just have fun), I'll platoon with ... anyone else in the clan. Unless the concept of mathematics has completely failed me, I'm pretty sure my win rate, WN6, efficiency, etc. are all significantly higher numbers without platooning with you. I really can't figure out how you get the idea that platooning with you would help me win...
If you can't figure it out, that's your ignorance.
If stats/win rate/efficiency are what you're into, you're in the wrong clan.

I have multiple WoT accounts, some have good stats, better than yours, some don't.
I developed each account to designate specific vehicle lines to higher/top tiers.
I let other clan mates try out vehicles in my accounts before they decide to designate their grind, because that's what clan mates do.
Win rates and efficiency can suffer, but ultimately if your clan mates become better at their game, what's a few accounts with poor stats?

Since FYYFF clan is way laid back than most other clans that I've belonged, I don't need to play my clan wars account since I'm busy with other things in life.

Quote:
Yes, I'm aware I'm being an ass, but I'm also just being honest/calling it as I see it.
Sorry for going off topic and being a dick. I just don't see where you get your overwhelming arrogance from and I'm kinda sick of it.
Stop being an ass if you are aware of it already. You can be honest and call it as you see it without being an ass.
Since you don't see where my arrogance comes from, maybe you should't get to know before mouthing off.

Cat0020 screwed with this post 02-09-2013 at 08:26 AM
Cat0020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:24 AM   #5413
MN_Smurf
Capt_Confusion

Oddometer: 2,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
re: my suddenly wrong efficiency with XVM

I just read that XVM updates the stats it holds for about a week. XVM is not an instantaneous reading of players' stats. Somehow, something got crossed up and threw me back to 1290 from 1410 in the matter of a day... while my efficiency was ever-climbing. I'm at 1414 now, and if what I read is true, XVM should get a new reading in a few days and show my stat correctly.

I just wonder how it got the 1290, since if it reverted to some really old stat... why didn't it do the same for everyone else? Or was it a crossed-up number that was someone else's stat?
Dave, XVM hasn't even been giving me efficiency readouts for the last couple of days, but I might have something screwed up in my config file.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:52 AM   #5414
Geek
oot & aboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird 928 View Post

was that the arty you took into a tier 10 battle?
Yeah

I can't believe we won that.

Sent from my cell phone reminding me that myopia sucks.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:53 AM   #5415
Geek
oot & aboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
Dave, XVM hasn't even been giving me efficiency readouts for the last couple of days, but I might have something screwed up in my config file.
Bri: mine have been working

Sent from my cell phone reminding me that myopia sucks.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: