Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 348 votes, 4.97 average. Display Modes
Old 02-18-2013, 05:14 PM   #5731
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird 928 View Post
What is the logical need for the 2nd vehicle of the same type? I understand trying to equip them differently or comparing crews in the same tank, but to me that is not something most players would not do.
I disagree. Between different fits for the top tiers (clan vs. random pubs), my contention was that if one found a tank they really lked to grind for Silver, one could own two of them to have one while the other was knocked out in the prior battle. I think it would be used more than you're thinking, but agree it wouldn't be for more than one or two tanks per account.

Meh, no big deal. By not doing it they make us all grind more... and that helps WG.
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Mambo Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:20 PM   #5732
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,202
ok, that makes some sense.
Big Bird 928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:57 PM   #5733
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,528
While we're waiting for new installments of Ed's Camo Guide...

Here's how we display our names in TeamSpeak channels for many clan wars clans (different clans probably have different codes, but whatever they are, they help with the middle-organization of building teams from those available at any given time):

"This is how the tanks next to your name should be:

1) Heavies = T= T-110
E = E-100
A = AMX50 b
M = Maus
F = FV215B
7 = IS-7
4 = IS-4

2) Mediums = P = M48A1 Patton
E = E-50M
T = T-62A
B = Batchat
V = FV4202

3) Arty = O = Obj. 261
E = Type E
T = T-92
M = 40\43
B = Batchat 155

4) TD's = J = JgpzE100
O = Obj 268
3 = T110 E3
4 = T110 E4
F = Foch 155

5) Scout = 2 = T50-2

Okay so lets say you have an IS-7, E100, Maus, Patton and T92 and a Jgpze100 your name would look like this:

YOURNAME - 7EM_P_T_J"

--------

So at the moment, I am SpearFisher T4-_-_-_

I hope to be SpearFisher T4-T-_-4 soon enough ... comical that I want to be only 4's and T's.
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR

Mambo Dave screwed with this post 02-18-2013 at 07:02 PM
Mambo Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:09 PM   #5734
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
While we're waiting for new installments of Ed's Camo Guide...

Here's how we display our names in TeamSpeak channels for many clan wars clans (different clans probably have different codes, but whatever they are, they help with the middle-organization of building teams from those available at any given time):

"This is how the tanks next to your name should be:

1) Heavies = T= T-110
E = E-100
A = AMX50 b
M = Maus
F = FV215B
7 = IS-7
4 = IS-4

2) Mediums = P = M48A1 Patton
E = E-50M
T = T-62A
B = Batchat
V = FV4202

3) Arty = O = Obj. 261
E = Type E
T = T-92
M = 40\43
B = Batchat 155

4) TD's = J = JgpzE100
O = Obj 268
3 = T110 E3
4 = T110 E4
F = Foch 155

5) Scout = 2 = T50-2

Okay so lets say you have an IS-7, E100, Maus, Patton and T92 and a Jgpze100 your name would look like this:

YOURNAME - 7EM_P_T_J"

--------

So at the moment, I am SpearFisher T4-_-_-_

I hope to be SpearFisher T4-T-_-4 soon enough ... comical that I want to be only 4's and T's.
LOL, I'm a Zero it apperars.
Big Bird 928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:19 AM   #5735
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,207
Have you read the notes....seems like they are going to pull two maps for a re-work. Dragon and screne coast (don't pick on my spelling)

I really think we need a new map or two....one more along the lines of stepps (I think it is off of Kursk)....winter, perhaps some mid-east maps based on the isreal arab wars Golan Heights...who knows...perhaps I will even get a super sherman one day, but then it would have to lay waste to the latest soviet equipment and that will never do ....lots off good globe out there to give us new maps.
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:33 AM   #5736
Damage
IMANOOBY in Tanks

Oddometer: 9
New Maps Would Be Great! IMANOOBY would like that so much!
Damage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:46 AM   #5737
frecks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by UngaWunga View Post
Throw that in a DB, and it would be easy to write a webapp that gives you the range for vehicle A vs B....
+1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
frecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:51 AM   #5738
frecks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird 928 View Post
so, on a hellcat that is stationary with a net is 19% + 25%? for their camo value?

also how does the camo skill for the crew play in? I am thinking that is a percentage of the camo value for the tank. I.E: 100% camo crew is 38.
I think it's 19*1.25=23.75% instead of 19+25=44%.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
frecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:28 AM   #5739
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 12,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPGT72 View Post
I really think we need a new map or two....one more along the lines of stepps (I think it is off of Kursk)....winter, perhaps some mid-east maps based on the isreal arab wars Golan Heights...who knows...perhaps I will even get a super sherman one day, but then it would have to lay waste to the latest soviet equipment and that will never do ....lots off good globe out there to give us new maps.
I like the desert maps best. I used to play Steel Panthers a lot, and the random map generators were really awesome and they had some really cool historical battle scenarios for the Isreali-Arab wars. Playing other people in a turned based game is kind of a really long drawn out process, that's why I like WoT. More action.

News flash! Shooting at tier 10 heavies with a German 88/L56 just makes em mad Shooting at the same tanks with the M40/43 also makes em mad
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:28 AM   #5740
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,640
Back to Camo...

I have a spreadsheet floating around that does the camo calcs. I kept it up to date until I figured out that there are just to many variables to give me a definitive answer to the "Should I camo" question.

What I got out of it was some general rules/guidelines that I try to follow.

-Bushes.
Always use them. The worst bush modifier still has more affect on camo than anything you can add. Now that knocked down trees are treated as bushes, you can make your own "bush bunker" if you have to.
If you are in a bush avoid moving. Even if you don't have a net, it might be enough of a camo drop to get you spotted. This doesn't apply to lights. They have the same camo standing still or moving so...
Light tanks
Full camo for the crew on light tanks. Camo paint would help too, but I'm to cheap to paint everything. I haven't decided on net or no net yet. I don't run many lights.

Gun/Armor and Camo.
If its a laser, and you have crap armor. Camo up. Many TDs fall into this.
If you are a brawler, no camo.
If you are in between, crew camo for the second skill, no net.

FWIW, I don't always follow my own rules, and I am usually sorry I didn't.
SkidMarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:42 AM   #5741
janeuner
Get Some

Oddometer: 1,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by frecks View Post
I think it's 19*1.25=23.75% instead of 19+25=44%.
Correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPGT72 View Post
Have you read the notes....seems like they are going to pull two maps for a re-work. Dragon Ridge and Serene Coast (don't pick on my spelling)
Dragon Ridge has turned into a seal-clubbing ring. For Serene Coast, the south side of the map has a >60% win rate. Both need help.

They are also reworking Steppes, Fisherman's Bay, Ensk, and Live Oaks.

----------------------------

I played about 6 matches in the FV215B (183) last night. The vehicle is fast. It is easy to get into a firing position, release, and retreat behind friendlies/cover. It passed a JgPzE100 on the way up the Himmelsdorf hill, and drives much better than every other T10 Heavy/TD I've driven. And oh yeah, the alpha is stupid.

I also ran AP- and HE-only loadouts for about half the matches; AP in cities, HE when sniping. The accuracy of the gun is horrible. The screen shot below was taken just before firing, with a tight aiming circle and a 100% crew. The shell missed the Maus entirely.

In many settings, it is just as effective as artillery. For clan wars, this thing is guaranteed damage that can easily keep up with a T110E5 and will periodically one-shot stuff. And at 14 gold per shell, those HESH rounds are not outside the limits of even pub battles.

This thing is terrifying to drive. I don't want to play tier 10 anymore.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:16 AM   #5742
vwboomer
Buffoon

Oddometer: 9,305
no good matches today. 2/9.

Gave up. Barely making credits in the T34.

T30 still not penning or doing damage. about 60k silver away from the big 155. I doubt I will be happy with that with a sub30 second reload the way these teams play.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:22 AM   #5743
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeuner View Post
Correct.

Dragon Ridge has turned into a seal-clubbing ring. For Serene Coast, the south side of the map has a >60% win rate. Both need help.

They are also reworking Steppes, Fisherman's Bay, Ensk, and Live Oaks.

----------------------------
As I read it they are going to pull those two from the rotation.....that is going to leave us with not that many. There is really nothing you can do for Dragon to make it more tank friendly.

They could bring back some of the older maps with just a little work I think maps like swamp would be great.

Look at the type of battle field tank battles in history have been on....hint they are not in towns, or in the moutains, or places like Dragon....they need to cut their losses on that turd of a map....wide open spaces is what we need with little bumps hills creek beds and such to hide in.
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:52 AM   #5744
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,167
Word is that Swamps and Komarin are being reworked and one of them will be back at 8.5....but I agree, we need new maps, not just reworked old ones. The game is getting boring without them.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:49 AM   #5745
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Oddometer: 7,632
I'd like to see Karelia as an Encounter battle, with the cap either in the same place as the Assault cap, the dead center, or the knoll on the SE side.

I'd like to see the Wadi Rum, the Suez Canal with one or two bridges, a heavily forested "Battle of the Bulge" style map, Arnheim Bridge, something from Tunisia, and maybe Stalingrad.

What I'd really like to see, since the world model they're using has a moon on the other side of the sky (visible if you're using the extreme-zoom-out mod) is night battles, with new mechanics for low light, headlights, and muzzle flash for spotting (with greatly reduced "visible" times" when stationary and dark, and camo'd) applied to any or all maps. Occasional flares might be an interesting trick to throw in there as well.
Smithy is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: