User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 483 votes, 4.98 average. Display Modes
Old 02-05-2012, 03:20 PM   #46
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,352
Only way to speed up experience is to get a premium account. It gives you a 1.5 multiplier on XP and credits earned.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:36 PM   #47
OConnor OP
Bad juju

Oddometer: 3,483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
I'm seeing hackers here and there, but they're not prolific yet.

I figured out how to play, finally, and am grinding through. What I'd like to know, is, is there any way to speed up experience, in order to speed up research? I don't see a way to convert gold into the little stars, so I'm not sure what the point of throwing them cash is if there's nothing to spend it on. Bought 3000 gold, and haven't used a third of it, and not for trying.
Upgrading to the Premium account gives you double exp and credits per battle. With gold you can also turn the exp your elites no longer need into "Free" exp which any unit can use for research (25exp per 1 gold) or you can buy the Premium tanks and get called a Wallet Warrior. I upgraded to a Premium account for a month, makes the hellish grind through the Lee and T28 a little quicker.
2000 SV650 track bike
1971 CB175 vintage racer inabox
OConnor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 03:39 PM   #48
OConnor OP
Bad juju

Oddometer: 3,483
Should I list WoT usernames on my first post? Might be fun to have an ADV clan...
2000 SV650 track bike
1971 CB175 vintage racer inabox
OConnor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 04:47 PM   #49
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,260
I was kind of thinking that my self.

"My mind jumped off the high dive into the deep end of the gutter and took scuba gear with it" Me.
Switchblade315 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 08:16 PM   #50
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Oddometer: 7,800
Quote:
Originally Posted by OConnor View Post
Upgrading to the Premium account gives you double exp and credits per battle. With gold you can also turn the exp your elites no longer need into "Free" exp which any unit can use for research (25exp per 1 gold) or you can buy the Premium tanks and get called a Wallet Warrior. I upgraded to a Premium account for a month, makes the hellish grind through the Lee and T28 a little quicker.

Good to know, thanks.

I'm going as "smithyADV".

And grinding up the russian artillery chain.

Smithy screwed with this post 02-05-2012 at 08:23 PM
Smithy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:26 AM   #51
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 13,035
I upgraded the gun on my M37 this weekend and then trained the loaders to 75%. It doesn't fire as fast as the T57, but I was getting a couple kills per game last night. My keyboard and fat fingers doesn't make for maneuverability so I prefer to go the arty route. Getting better at it too.

Surprised a Hetzer last night and shot him point blank with the 105.
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:34 AM   #52
crashman44b
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
crashman, you have to research any improvements or new tanks before you can buy them.....and yes, some games can be really frustrating. Think of the hit mechanism like playing D&D. Sometimes you roll that 20 and score big and sometimes, you roll a 1, ten times in a row. There aren't any cheats that I'm aware of though. Just keep playing, eventually the good outweighs the bad.

In other news, I just got my first Top Gun award.....with my M37. The game must have given me the random Orbital Strike Laser upgrade for that match because I got 6 good kills. I also got called a hack for the first time. M2 MT with a derp gun, in town on Lakeville and I popped a SU-76 across the lake. He never even saw me.
I go down research and it disappers before I can click it. love the game but these old shit tanks suck

crashman44b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:38 AM   #53
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashman44b View Post
I go down research and it disappers before I can click it. love the game but these old shit tanks suck

Hmmm...from the garage, click the research button on the upper right. That will bring up the research tree for the tank you're currently on. Any modules that you have enough points to research will be bright. Click on what you want and close the window when you're done. Now go down to the bottom of the screen and look for the 5 buttons representing the various upgradeable components of your tank. Click on each one of them and the researched upgrade parts will be available for purchase and installation.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:41 AM   #54
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by papalobster View Post
I upgraded the gun on my M37 this weekend and then trained the loaders to 75%. It doesn't fire as fast as the T57, but I was getting a couple kills per game last night. My keyboard and fat fingers doesn't make for maneuverability so I prefer to go the arty route. Getting better at it too.

Surprised a Hetzer last night and shot him point blank with the 105.
Done that a few times....light tank comes in for an "easy" kill and gets a face full of HE just before he can get a shot off. Of course, this is a high risk strategy...miss and you're screwed. If you think arty is fun now, wait 'til that crew is up above 90%. My M37 crew is at 94% right now and as long as I let the aim circle shrink fully, they don't hardly miss stationary targets.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:51 AM   #55
crashman44b
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
Hmmm...from the garage, click the research button on the upper right. That will bring up the research tree for the tank you're currently on. Any modules that you have enough points to research will be bright. Click on what you want and close the window when you're done. Now go down to the bottom of the screen and look for the 5 buttons representing the various upgradeable components of your tank. Click on each one of them and the researched upgrade parts will be available for purchase and installation.

Thanks................I got it. Its a grind for me. I will keep digging at the game.
crashman44b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:27 AM   #56
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Crash, glad I could help.....

OConnor, I tried to ping you through the game yesterday. Don't know if you saw it or not.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:50 AM   #57
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Oddometer: 7,800
So are we forming up an ADV clan?
Smithy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:08 AM   #58
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

I'd be up for an ADV clan, but Clan Wars sounds like a huge time suck. Any time any of you see me online (MN_Smurf over there too), ping me and I'll platoon with you. If we could get 15+ players, we could get involved in Company battles.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:19 AM   #59
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 13,035
I'm new to the whole online play thing. Baby steps. There's more than just the standard random battle?

I'm papalobster there too.
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:08 PM   #60
spagthorpe
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 14,582
I've wanted to play this since it came out, but I just can't stand online games. Repeatedly getting fragged by people that play 16 hours a day gets old.

Are there custom servers you can play on, so you play against people you know? I'm guessing not, but haven't looked into it much.
spagthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: