User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 430 votes, 4.97 average. Display Modes
Old 03-28-2012, 08:49 AM   #586
Cat0020
El cheapo

Oddometer: 5,410
I find MarderII to be great $$ & EXP farming vehicle.
With 7.2 release, it is destine to receive more $$ per battle.
Camo net, binoculars & gun rammer.. just find a good spot for every battle, you make more $$ no matter what happens in the battle.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:10 AM   #587
UngaWunga
Mosquito bait

Oddometer: 7,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat0020 View Post
I find MarderII to be great $$ & EXP farming vehicle.
With 7.2 release, it is destine to receive more $$ per battle.
Camo net, binoculars & gun rammer.. just find a good spot for every battle, you make more $$ no matter what happens in the battle.
Games with the 3601 result in 400-700xp and $14000-$23000.

So how much of that get translated to free XP? How do you get a maxed out tank to not generate tank specific XP but free xp? Any tricks?
Old 03-28-2012, 09:33 AM   #588
Cat0020
El cheapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by UngaWunga View Post
Free game play or premium account?
Old 03-28-2012, 09:58 AM   #589
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,288
Quote:
So how much of that get translated to free XP? How do you get a maxed out tank to not generate tank specific XP but free xp? Any tricks?
IIRC, free XP is awarded as 5% of the XP you earn in each battle. A non-elite tank (or elite tank without accelerated training turned on) generates XP as follows:

You earned 500 XP for a battle. 500 XP is added to your tank total, and to each crew member's XP total.

When you are using accelerated training on an elite tank, no XP is added to the tank total, but an amount of XP equal to [(XP earned in battle)/(number of crew members)] is added to the crew member with the lowest experience. In numbers, our tank that earned 500 XP has 5 crew members. 4 of the crew would get 500 XP each. The least experienced would get 600 XP ( [500 + (500/5)] ).

The only way I know of to convert tank XP to free XP is to pay for it.....25 XP/1 gold.
Old 03-28-2012, 12:24 PM   #590
UngaWunga
Mosquito bait

Quote:
Free game play or premium account?
Pay for a free game?

The higher you get up the tank food chain, the more $ you can make per game. But some tanks are also expensive to fix, so if you suck, it can actually cost you game $ to play it.
Old 03-28-2012, 12:25 PM   #591
UngaWunga
Mosquito bait

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
IIRC, free XP is awarded as 5% of the XP you earn in each battle. A non-elite tank (or elite tank without accelerated training turned on) generates XP as follows:

You earned 500 XP for a battle. 500 XP is added to your tank total, and to each crew member's XP total.

When you are using accelerated training on an elite tank, no XP is added to the tank total, but an amount of XP equal to [(XP earned in battle)/(number of crew members)] is added to the crew member with the lowest experience. In numbers, our tank that earned 500 XP has 5 crew members. 4 of the crew would get 500 XP each. The least experienced would get 600 XP ( [500 + (500/5)] ).

The only way I know of to convert tank XP to free XP is to pay for it.....25 XP/1 gold.

Interesting. I've seen the free XP go up a small number with on my PzIV with the accelerated training/elite tank turned on.
Old 03-28-2012, 12:26 PM   #592
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,976
Quote:

I agree. You only ever get about 5% of any tank's XP as free XP.

When I first started the game I originally thought that a premium tank, bought with gold, would create nothing but free XP, but I was sadly mistaken. Back then I bought a tier 3 premium just to try it out. Wow, that sucked to find out it generated XP the same as any other tank.

The only way to earn the most free XP is to cause the most damage you can... so with that you're always looking for any tank's penetration and damage values. To me, penetration is normally king. There is one tank with a barrel that is a super-penetrator for its tier, but the damage is so low that it is obvious it was designed for premium / gold ammo use ... so that isn't great either.

To play the game on 'easy' mode, play Soviet heavies and Soviet TD's - and always upgrade the guns first, and as soon as you can - it's the way to earn the most free XP.
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:14 PM   #593
Cat0020
El cheapo

Quote:
Pay for a free game?

The higher you get up the tank food chain, the more $ you can make per game. But some tanks are also expensive to fix, so if you suck, it can actually cost you game $ to play it.
As if we don't know that already?

Quote:
Your 400-700xp and $14000-23000 earnings per battle with the 3601, that is with a premium account correct?
Old 03-28-2012, 05:22 PM   #594
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

I decided to really make some money today, so I played my Pzk IV exclusively. Had some good battles with it, had some awfully terrible teams where I was one of the last standing in short order, made credits on them all. But the last one I died early (a tier 8 battle), so I decided to take my IS-3 out for a run to earn a Daily Double with it just for crew training.

I had a good game - I led a two-man charge up the middle to face their IS-3 and a 3601, then it was time to unleash the dogs on their KV-5 and Lowe since my team was at a stalemate with them in the valley. My two-man "team" up the middle consisted of myself and a brave and very helpful little American M5 (piloted by Phantom2487 - couldn't have done it without ya, buddy) who died once we met and began a shoot-out with the IS-3 and 3601 half-way up the middle.

I don't know why image-shack limits the sizes, but the orange path and then red path is what I took. I was at their base far, far earlier than anyone else, but I bypassed it to help cave in the valley from shooting behind the enemy. Below you can see where I made it to even after those kills, the come-around, then the re-attacking their base with my tracks (and/or something else slowed me way down) shot up... I was still out in front, at the enemy base, all alone.

Orange is my trek, red is after the turn-around having finished off the Lowe and KV- (who were in the same clan and platooned).

Aggression... gotta love it.

This tank was the last enemy standing. I damaged him to beyond this point and was hoping for a kill, but someone else got him
But then I couldn't have done what I did without the team holding the peripherals, and my team's arty for damage. One can see that they have no kills, yet I witnessed that they placed damage effectively.

My only question is - just which Heavy is that all the way back at my base just waiting for an enemy to arrive?! Pay attention to your maps, guys - know when and where to support or charge.

March 29 Edit: Now why did it work out this way? It's not because I'm awesome. I read the tank-balance before the game started. See that we have one size-able arty, while they have two pip-sqeak arties and, instead, one more larger tank? Their experienced guys seemingly read it as perhaps the middle was a place to avoid, while I saw it as possible open territory considering the lack of TD's (who are more likely to sit back instead of attacking) and Arty. This chose my route, where-as the presence of good arty or TD's would push me somewhere else.

I had the benefit of a small guy who donated his tank in a way that kept me more aware of what I could have driven into had I had to come around that corner to see for myself, and thus avoided it - which meant that I wasn't spotted until the last moment (which was the beginning of the end for their IS-3). The smallest tank can create big benefits for a team if the team is ready, willing and able to take advantage of it. It takes two or more like-minded players, though, who aren't the type to expect others to win the battle for them.
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR

Mambo Dave screwed with this post 03-29-2012 at 09:23 AM
Old 03-29-2012, 08:49 AM   #595
UngaWunga
Mosquito bait

Quote:
Your 400-700xp and $14000-23000 earnings per battle with the 3601, that is with a premium account correct?

No.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:05 AM   #596
Cat0020
El cheapo

Quote:
No.
Post some screen shots of those earnings, I don't believe you.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:32 AM   #597
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,288
Heads up.....looks like the game server is going to be offline from 0800 UTC (1AM PDT) to 1600 UTC (9AM PDT) tomorrow.

7.2 is going live.

Old 03-29-2012, 11:48 AM   #598
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Quote:
Heads up.....looks like the game server is going to be offline from 0800 UTC (1AM PDT) to 1600 UTC (9AM PDT) tomorrow.

7.2 is going live.

Awesome... I hope my T-34 American heavy stats will improve, lol. And I get some other Tier-9 tank that I probably can't even afford to shoot, lol.
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Old 03-29-2012, 11:49 AM   #599
UngaWunga
Mosquito bait

Quote:
Post some screen shots of those earnings, I don't believe you.

ok, you caught me. I'm lying about stats on a free online game.

Tier 6 and above tanks can rake in the cash. Try playing one.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:17 PM   #600
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,784
Quote:
ok, you caught me. I'm lying about stats on a free online game.

Tier 6 and above tanks can rake in the cash. Try playing one.
This is very true. They cost a lot to fix if you die though so your average net might not be as good as a mid level tank.
SkidMarx is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: