Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 65 votes, 4.82 average. Display Modes
Old 02-27-2013, 02:05 PM   #6061
frecks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird 928 View Post
since we are making assumptions, I will only look at your account with the same name as you have on here because I am not caring enough to look elsewhere... what holds your average up is the 965 battles you have in the su26 with a 56% win rate. if you look closer and see that you have a AMX105AM with a 14 battle 14%, su-5 with 9 battles and 11%, it appears that there are certain SPG's that you like and do well with, but others that you don't care to play and don't do so well with. I will grant you your stats for the SU26 are impressive, but I have not seen that skill very often when we were platooning.

I on the other hand know that I have issues with arty, but i'm ok with that. I can just go play other tanks. I tried arty, and I do not feel that I have the patients or the want to have the same damage rounds with half the xp of the other tanks.

Yes I know by posting this it will make you upset with me, and want to use some Jedi mind trick to make me see things your way.
He tends to get angry when you make assumptions observations about him based on facts that you can see. You should probably get to know him better before before mouthing off, otherwise you're just stating your ignorance.
frecks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:11 PM   #6062
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by frecks View Post
He tends to get angry when you make assumptions observations about him based on facts that you can see. You should probably get to know him better before before mouthing off, otherwise you're just stating your ignorance.
I am un-educated, not ignorant. the difference being I do like to learn, and do, but I do not have the schooling that most others do.
Big Bird 928 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:38 PM   #6063
Bodwick
Odd Bod

Oddometer: 1,136
Kasserine Pass Challenge

All set for tonight's instalment of the challenge... We're up against a team from Clan [70] Wulffepack Aelfrich team name of wulfepack[70]...

With luck we will again defeat the opposition but even if we don't I thought I'd say what a great laugh this little adventure in the dunes has been.

It's been great talking to, and learning about my crazy team mates. Quite an interesting bunch of blokes whom I take my hat off to and salute... It's made coming over from the UK server on secondment to the USA side well worth while...

It's a bit difficult fighting at 2am GMT and Mrs Bod has struggled to accept the late nights, but as I'm self employed she came round eventually and stays up watching TV and knitting some charity stuff. If I'm lucky she brings me tea.

So, it's warm up your tanks and onward to the start line once more...

Bodwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:40 PM   #6064
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodwick View Post
All set for tonight's instalment of the challenge... We're up against a team from Clan [70] Wulffepack Aelfrich team name of wulfepack[70]...

With luck we will again defeat the opposition but even if we don't I thought I'd say what a great laugh this little adventure in the dunes has been.

It's been great talking to, and learning about my crazy team mates. Quite an interesting bunch of blokes whom I take my hat off to and salute... It's made coming over from the UK server on secondment to the USA side well worth while...

It's a bit difficult fighting at 2am GMT and Mrs Bod has struggled to accept the late nights, but as I'm self employed she came round eventually and stays up watching TV and knitting some charity stuff. If I'm lucky she brings me tea.

I am in TS waiting... where are you?
Old 02-27-2013, 04:06 PM   #6065
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat0020 View Post
If it is so easy, I'd imagine you'd have 60% win rate or mass efficiency with your arty play.. Barely over 100 battles in arty category and you think you know how "easy" it is to play arty?

Seems to me that it takes no brain power to play the other categories of vehicles for you since you play them so much by nature.
Arty play might be something you think you know and refuse to learn/understand how to use them.
Your right...it does not take long to figure out that shooting fish in a barrel is easy....and that is just what it is. Even with my 50% hummel crew I get 2-3 kills per game....doing nothing but using the satellite view.

It is also amazing how quickly people that play arty go on the defence....I am sorry it is amazing it is so simple.

When you play the other units scouting....that takes some skill...bob and weave...good scouts don't die in the first minute of the game, Tanks are tanks and should be the backbone of the game...it is world of tanks after all, TD's do support the tanks....are pretty easy to kill if they are on their own, they turn slow, and usually have big weak spots.

As I type this I have less than a dozen games in the hummel, 50% crew and already got a mastery badge....sorry it aint hard.
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:10 PM   #6066
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodwick View Post

That is pretty cool...kick their ass....or arse....whatever you guys call it
Old 02-27-2013, 05:06 PM   #6067
frecks
Gnarly Adventurer

I just left work and have approximately a 45 minute ride home. So if you guys don't see me in until last minute, don't worry about me being a no-show. I'll be there even if it is last minute.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
Old 02-27-2013, 05:12 PM   #6068
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
I just left work and have approximately a 45 minute ride home. So if you guys don't see me in until last minute, don't worry about me being a no-show. I'll be there even if it is last minute.

Twist that wick!
Old 02-27-2013, 05:27 PM   #6069
frecks
Gnarly Adventurer

Traffic was a lot lighter (or my right foot was heavier?) than usual. I'll be on in about 10 minutes.

Old 02-27-2013, 11:12 PM   #6070
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Well, I had an 80% day and a 20% night... Sigh....
Old 02-28-2013, 01:43 AM   #6071
Cat0020
El cheapo

Oddometer: 5,150
Quote:
Just what "facts" do you refer? the fact that you know nothing about me personally other than what you see on an internet forum; it is posted on the internet, it must be fact, right?

Quote:
since we are making assumptions, I will only look at your account with the same name as you have on here because I am not caring enough to look elsewhere... what holds your average up is the 965 battles you have in the su26 with a 56% win rate. if you look closer and see that you have a AMX105AM with a 14 battle 14%, su-5 with 9 battles and 11%, it appears that there are certain SPG's that you like and do well with, but others that you don't care to play and don't do so well with. I will grant you your stats for the SU26 are impressive, but I have not seen that skill very often when we were platooning.
I guess we have not been platooning enough with my SU-26, there is a simple solution to that; if you really want to see the impressive battle results for yourself: just platoon with me when you see me in-game.

Quote:
I on the other hand know that I have issues with arty, but i'm ok with that. I can just go play other tanks. I tried arty, and I do not feel that I have the patients or the want to have the same damage rounds with half the xp of the other tanks.
And what issues do you have with artys?

At least you know enough not to make generalization that arty is easy to play without consistent results from battles.

Quote:
Yes I know by posting this it will make you upset with me, and want to use some Jedi mind trick to make me see things your way.
Do I seem upset to you?
Seeing thing in more ways than your own is far more impressive than just touting off false truth from lack of experience.
Think on that young padawan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPGT72 View Post
Your right...it does not take long to figure out that shooting fish in a barrel is easy....and that is just what it is. Even with my 50% hummel crew I get 2-3 kills per game....doing nothing but using the satellite view.
There is far more than using the satelite view, but if that is all you know, clearly shows that you are just making generalization of arty with your minimal experience in playing.
Your Hummel result is likely beginner's luck without consistency of reproducing the same result over say,... 20 battles and get 40-60 kills; If you can do that, I would agree with your claim.

Quote:
It is also amazing how quickly people that play arty go on the defence....I am sorry it is amazing it is so simple.
Defense is what playing arty is about, you clearly do not play enough to know and still pretend that you do.

Quote:
When you play the other units scouting....that takes some skill...bob and weave...good scouts don't die in the first minute of the game, Tanks are tanks and should be the backbone of the game...it is world of tanks after all, TD's do support the tanks....are pretty easy to kill if they are on their own, they turn slow, and usually have big weak spots.

As I type this I have less than a dozen games in the hummel, 50% crew and already got a mastery badge....sorry it aint hard.
If it is that easy, just back up your claim with "simple" result of 40-60 kills with your Hummel in the next 20 battles.
Old 02-28-2013, 03:57 AM   #6072
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

I don't me defence in the game but defence of the arty units in the game...if ya know what I mean.

I do admit I have put zero effort in any of the arty units I have played. Did the low tiers then jumped up to the hummel off of the pzIII/IV.

If it continues to go easy you can count on me to chime back in.

I was really looking for something new....that is really I started playing arty....my tanks are topped out, and I am sitting on about 6mil in the bank with nothing really to spend it on...so off to arty land....it takes a LONG time to grind 170k XP in this game.

So far my experence has done nothing but to prove my views to me...last game I played last night I killed the two other arty units on the other team...and I was thinking that counter battery was one of the harder things to do. And my shots landed no where near where the tanks really were....the dead tanks appeared....add to that they are not visible, one knocked down a tree the other I just guessed on...two kills and easy as well. Hell I have hit hummels with my JS3 and not killed the things, but the arty, dead in one shot.

We will see how it goes as I play it more.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:43 AM   #6073
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 29,079
Gotta love it when you have a derp gun... you fire at the center of your enemy with a wide open reticle because you are in a hurry.... and one-shot the guy beside him that you didn't know was there. Inaccuracy for the win!
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:52 AM   #6074
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 12,007
I was busy shopping last night and only got a couple games in. I got knocked down to 6 fps and was bitching loud enough that the wife yells "why don't you just order a new one!?!" So I did

I one shotted an OBJ 268 with my M40/43 in Sand River. He stayed very still in the open for me. What a nice guy. Then the E100 moved in right next to the corpse and drew fire from the entire team. Really, how can you get to tier 10 and do utterly stupid stuff like that?
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:18 AM   #6075
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,017
New players that have raced to Tier 10 in one line in 3Kish battles usually are that clueless.....and there are a lot of them around right now, and most of them have premium tanks as well. I had to yell at a sub 500 battle Lowe player last night for making stupid suggestions. That same brainiac also asked which Tier 2 TD he should buy.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: