Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 348 votes, 4.97 average. Display Modes
Old 03-07-2013, 03:42 PM   #6331
janeuner
Get Some

Oddometer: 1,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
So is the 100Y a glass cannon due to low HP, or is it penned from the front easily?

Now can the 100Y do the same for its tier when left alone?
It matches Tier 6-8, and it has 60mm of armor all around. I hope to someday catch one with a tier 4 anything, for the lulz.

And it maneuvers like a SU-152. In fact, just assume it is a SU-152, except twice the size.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:44 PM   #6332
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeuner View Post
Hmmm, maybe. Couple thoughts for noobs, tier 1 through 4...

1) Shoot other tanks, and survive the match. Don't worry about crew training, statistics, or anything else.

2) Best starter tree for a noob is the US Medium line. That is:
• T1 Cunningham → T2 Medium → M2 Medium → M3 Lee

3) If you want to run a second line, work up the USSR tree from the T-26.

4) When you reach Tier 4, get on TS on the weekend. Ask one of us regulars¹ for a tutorial in the training room.

5) Do NOT drive a TD or an Arty² until you have reached tier 5 in another branch.

6) When you enter Tier 5, start by unlocking the M4 Sherman. Recruit a fresh crew; if you have the credits, use 75% (silver) training for the crew (especially driver and gunner). Keep the Lee to unlock the T1 Heavy; then retrain you M3 Lee crew for the T1 and sell the Lee.

At that point, you will have experience in a TD (M3 Lee), Mediums (M4 Sherman) and Heavies (T1 Heavy).

Notes:

¹I think most everyone has at least one tier 5. The best choice is probably Churchill 3 or M14. The vet should explain how to counter it; demonstrate hull down, camo, flanking, and generic weak spots.

²Artillery can make or break a match. To be successful, you must be able to anticipate the movement of enemy tanks. If you've never driven the vehicle you are shooting at, you and your team are in for a world of pain.

Keywords: Noob, Suggestion, Grind, New Player, Low Tier, Training, Help

RE: #2, do not play the lee as a medium tank, but as a turretless TD and be advised there are many of us that despise that tank.

RE: #4 When you get into Teamspeak there are a fair amout of us that have tier 1,2, +3 so we can "Club Seals"...

RE: #5, I would argue that the american TD line is worth going up, they have turrets for most of them, so they play different from the non turreted TD's.
Big Bird 928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:12 PM   #6333
Theaty Hannington
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
Oh...one more thing....I've already seen Tier 9 and 10 Brit TD's out there...... I bought in at Tier 4.
How much free xp do you have to have to rock a T10 on a new tree the day it comes out? Maybe they were beta testing it? That's just scary to a noob like me.

"Everyone who isn't playing your tank in that round knows how to play it better." - Morgue
Theaty Hannington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:14 PM   #6334
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 29,844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theaty Hannington View Post
How much free xp do you have to have to rock a T10 on a new tree the day it comes out? Maybe they were beta testing it? That's just scary to a noob like me.
To give you an idea.. the last Tier 10 I bought (Obj 268) was 310,000 xp and 6.6 million silver - and that was just the one tank.
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:30 PM   #6335
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,202
Quote:
nope they probably bought it by converting xp to free xp using gold, and yeah it is scary even to those of us that have been with the game a few months...

the Beta testing is done on a test server, when the next one happens there will be an announcement and I HIGHLY reccomend that you check it out. The test server is rough to play on, I got owned almost every game, but you can play tanks that you have not reserched yet so you can plan and decide if you like the end tank.
Big Bird 928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:42 PM   #6336
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 29,844
2x crew experience this weekend. I'll be grinding on my chinese crews.

Even though it is 50% bonus for a big list of mediums the M4 Sherman gets 100% bonus this weekend.
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:15 PM   #6337
Theaty Hannington
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird 928 View Post
RE: #2, do not play the lee as a medium tank, but as a turretless TD and be advised there are many of us that despise that tank.

RE: #4 When you get into Teamspeak there are a fair amout of us that have tier 1,2, +3 so we can "Club Seals"...

RE: #5, I would argue that the american TD line is worth going up, they have turrets for most of them, so they play different from the non turreted TD's.
We played a few rounds today and I tried to teach bush cover, patience when firing, and protection (like hiding behind a rock). He did great! Got 209 XP on one battle in a T1.

"Everyone who isn't playing your tank in that round knows how to play it better." - Morgue
Old 03-07-2013, 05:29 PM   #6338
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,171
Quote:
I asked a guy in a Tier 9....he said he dropped about 500,000 free xp to get there......
Old 03-07-2013, 05:38 PM   #6339
Theaty Hannington
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
I asked a guy in a Tier 9....he said he dropped about 500,000 free xp to get there......
Phew! That's significant.

Old 03-07-2013, 05:40 PM   #6340
janeuner
Get Some

Oddometer: 1,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird 928 View Post
Yes, but wait till you finish the Lee. If you liked TDs then, give it a try.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:51 PM   #6341
Cat0020
El cheapo

Oddometer: 5,354
I find tier 3, T82 (American), Marder II (German), Pak40 (French) are worthwhile playing for lower tier TDs.

For arty, tier 2 T57 (American), tier 3 SU-26 (USSR), Lorraine39 L AM (French) worthwhile playing before higher tier that involve high expenses.

French tier 4 105 leFH18 B2 (one and only premium) SPG is specially profitable, too.. not to mention good for crew training.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:16 PM   #6342
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
Oh, and a Thank you out to Jason for this game-winning shot last evening. Do look at the time left - 16 seconds to kill a hull-down E-100!

I was the closest to the E=100, but didn't have a chance - bounced two shots off of what I could hit
[/IMG]
Thanks.
That got the old blood pumping.
SkidMarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:24 PM   #6343
Theaty Hannington
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat0020 View Post
I find tier 3, T82 (American), Marder II (German), Pak40 (French) are worthwhile playing for lower tier TDs.

For arty, tier 2 T57 (American), tier 3 SU-26 (USSR), Lorraine39 L AM (French) worthwhile playing before higher tier that involve high expenses.

French tier 4 105 leFH18 B2 (one and only premium) SPG is specially profitable, too.. not to mention good for crew training.
I would also suggest the Renault BS for arty T2. I just killed a Pershing with it while platooning with Jeff. I lolled so hard. A T2 arty killing a T8 med.

Old 03-07-2013, 06:58 PM   #6344
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,554
Quote:
I've played with one guy, maybe a total of four, who saved regular Free XP because they were very picky about which lines they went up. The one guy - he had an ungodly amount of free XP because the only tank line he ever played was German heavies... and he did so over and over again. What this meant was that he was never using his free XP for anything, so when the British line came out, he was one of the first with a Brit tier 8 heavy.

I'm sure that plenty of people spend plenty of dollars to have the latest new big tank, but plenty others, such as a guy I know who only plays his Lowe over and over again... and who is British... most assuredly had the Free XP and Silver saved up to totally research out any British tanks he wanted. Some people are just like that, while most - like me - assemble a ton of mixed country tanks.
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:58 PM   #6345
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,171
Top Gun with 3039 damage out of my JagdPanther and we lost?????

I hate the night after a patch drops.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: