Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 247 votes, 4.95 average. Display Modes
Old 03-13-2013, 05:36 PM   #6511
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
Yeah....I ran my 122-44 in a match this afternoon. A T-20 ignored me to chase the PzIV S in front of me.

That was a mistake on his part.
It's always a mistake to ignore tier-seven 122-44's... even when they're in a tier nine tank. Third best damage for the winning team in a tier 9 battle:

Oh, yeah, and those HAVOK guys all had really good scores IIRC... stat padding bastards.

Sure, they played well enough (not quite to what their stats said they would) - but they ignored a 53%'er (e.g. ME) until I went on a final attack.
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Mambo Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:56 PM   #6512
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,100
Yeah...well I got a team full of window lickers......

That would be Sniper and Top Gun awards.....
Old 03-13-2013, 06:06 PM   #6513
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
Yeah...well I got a team full of window lickers......

That would be Sniper and Top Gun awards.....
That would be awesome.

-------

Clan wars practice tonight, and clan wars tonight. Git yer ass in here.
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Old 03-13-2013, 06:33 PM   #6514
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,181
Victory!
Battle: Siegfried Line Wednesday, March 13, 2013 5:41:41 PM
Vehicle: AT 2
Experience received: 3,266 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 29,040
Battle Achievements: Steel Wall, Spartan, Mastery Badge: "2nd Class"

I really like this tank, it is like a mini T95, with a very small gun.
Big Bird 928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:44 PM   #6515
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
psssst.. turn off the computer and go outside
I'll pass. It's 27deg out there.
SkidMarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:21 PM   #6516
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 12,571
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkidMarx View Post
I'll pass. It's 27deg out there.
We'll be riding Sat/Sun. Supposed to be mid 20's. Looks like the last weekend for ice too. Heading down to Tennessee mid April to ride Brimstone. If it's above 30, we'll be good.

SO, I told the boy (KDXwrestler) I would buy him a premium tank in place of paying him for babysitting. He was thinking he wants a Lowe. I suggested a T34 or Super Pershing. He needs something that makes money and doesn't cost a lot to run. He's not interested in TD's though. He has the Church 3 already, but wants a bigger gun.
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:29 PM   #6517
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

IMHO, T34 is easier to run than Lowe, but it's a question of what line he wants to run. Buy the premium that will allow him to train his chosen crew faster.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:30 PM   #6518
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
Clan wars practice tonight, and clan wars tonight. Git yer ass in here.
Sorry, didn't know I was invited...especially since I don't have my clan tags yet. I was grinding toward my E5 tonight. Almost there.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:38 PM   #6519
vwboomer
Buffoon

Oddometer: 9,265
Quote:
Agree.

The best way would seem to be, sadly, to learn tactics and the game on one account (but spend as little money on it as possible), then to create a new account and use that one to buy premium subscriptions and premium tanks for.

Wish I had known that earlier. The benefit, if there is one, is that a 53% win ratio gets discounted as not being that big of a target... and it bites a lot of OPFOR in the ass.
I had thought about starting a second account. It would allow me to train crews and transfer them from tank to tank. Something I hadn't thought about when starting. Buying new crews for every tank means I have a lot of guys in my barracks with low % perks.

Other benefits too. And while I generally win more than I lose over the course of a week, in the end I guess it's just a game, and these are just numbers we're talking.

Had a win with the T30 today over 5k damage, but only 3 kills. Was up to over 70% win....for awhile. I think I quit when I was back down to 55%
Old 03-13-2013, 08:06 PM   #6520
Cat0020
El cheapo

Oddometer: 5,282
Hence the reason I have 6 or 7 different WoT accounts, each has its own designated line to vehicle that I train specific crew up to 3-4 skills/perks.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:24 PM   #6521
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by papalobster View Post
We'll be riding Sat/Sun. Supposed to be mid 20's. Looks like the last weekend for ice too. Heading down to Tennessee mid April to ride Brimstone. If it's above 30, we'll be good.

SO, I told the boy (KDXwrestler) I would buy him a premium tank in place of paying him for babysitting. He was thinking he wants a Lowe. I suggested a T34 or Super Pershing. He needs something that makes money and doesn't cost a lot to run. He's not interested in TD's though. He has the Church 3 already, but wants a bigger gun.
Then the Lowe IF he knows what it means to be a sniper who holds back.

The Lowe's gun penetrates more, and is more accurate (so it penetrates even more with well-placed shots), so fewer Gold rounds have to be used than even the T34.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat0020 View Post
Hence the reason I have 6 or 7 different WoT accounts, each has its own designated line to vehicle that I train specific crew up to 3-4 skills/perks.
I don't get how that would benefit anyone in the long run unless you wanted to sell accounts later. Short term, and mid-term, it's a lot of work. End-term... now you've got tier tens all over the place, and when a clan asks for a certain tank, you'd have to switch accounts ... which also means you'd be taking up valuable player slots since each clan is only allowed 100 players.
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Old 03-13-2013, 08:40 PM   #6522
OConnor OP
Bad juju

Oddometer: 3,237
I see what everyone is saying about the big influx of new players. One game had 13 of my team-mates with 1k games or less in a Tier 6 match and all in the 30-40%. Yes we got our asses kicked. I either need to quit trying to win or quit playing during the week. never did get my x2 for several tanks, finally just gave up. This is not going to sell me on a premium account again.
2000 Suzuki SV650 track bike
1971 CB175 vintage racer inabox
OConnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:59 PM   #6523
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Absolute Company Battles

Aside from three practice rooms (where my win rate, efficiency and such didn't add up afterward), I finally played my first battle in my T110E4 tonight. "Absolute" for company battles means end-tier I guess.

Anyway, they had more purple than we did, and more teal ... and, oh yeah, they had no yellow players. But...

So it was pretty much some of the 'better' (actually, some of the best, but some are stat padders) of my last consortium, the Burning Legion (BAD, VOLT, etc.).

I guarantee some on that side recognized me. Now I'm not saying they recognized me as a valid concern - just that we've been in --R-- and the BL together. Some of those guys are pretty stuck on themselves if they're anything like fixxjam. And fixxjam has been stat padding since I knew him.

meh.

So it was a 2nd degree Mastery badge for my first battle, and some healthy x2 XP.

The T110E4 is nothing to write home about, but considering my crew was from as low as 82% (for a loader, 84% for the other loader), and about 92% for the gunner and commander... I can't complain with the sniping shots.

But its gun feels like a slightly more accurate, but just as slow of loading and same-damage-making, T30 gun. It's not awesome-sauce, but will it be an effective tool?

We lost the second Absolute battle against a damn-near all-purple team, then I played one solo pub match and got a win in it. Nothing stellar, but apparently I'm really in need of figuring out just where to shoot other T110E4's when it comes to the lower glacis.
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Old 03-13-2013, 09:03 PM   #6524
mfp4073
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,022
Been thinking about trying this game. But not sold on it yet. I have had a very bad taste in my mouth from my last experience with online multiplayer years ago now.

I have no interest in paying any money to upgrade, buy money in game or anything else (Im a real cheapskate). But I am rather patient too. Is this game for me?

The childishness and squabbling was what drove me away from online gaming in the first place (think mechwarrior 4 era). This seems like a game that would attract a more.....mature audience? Is this the game for me?

I sometimes dont have time to play more than an hour a week, but sometimes will get a day off to just mess around on the computer too. Is the learning curve steep?

Again, I know nothing about the game. But tank sims have been swirling in my head lately. Suggestions for starting out, etc?

Thanks in advance!
1974 BMW R90/6 Bettie #1, 04 Triumph Bonneville
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Blank
loner, lonegunman, get it. That’s the whole point. I like the lifestyle, the image. Look a the way I dress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgoodsoil View Post
Cavemen must've designed them shortly after inventing the wheel.
mfp4073 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:14 PM   #6525
Cat0020
El cheapo

Oddometer: 5,282
Quote:
I don't get how that would benefit anyone in the long run unless you wanted to sell accounts later. Short term, and mid-term, it's a lot of work. End-term... now you've got tier tens all over the place, and when a clan asks for a certain tank, you'd have to switch accounts ... which also means you'd be taking up valuable player slots since each clan is only allowed 100 players.
My game play in WoT isn't about Clan Wars, play for my pleasure of trying out different vehicles and learn how to use different vehicles in different situations.
It's free to play, might as well play as many types as you like.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: