User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 231 votes, 4.95 average. Display Modes
Old 04-06-2012, 09:02 AM   #691
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,743
You know now that you point that out, around that time is when I notice a lot of bad matches.

"My mind jumped off the high dive into the deep end of the gutter and took scuba gear with it" Me.
Switchblade315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:02 AM   #692
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchblade315 View Post
you know now that you point that out, around that time is when i notice a lot of bad matches.
+1
NOMADS
SkidMarx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:28 PM   #693
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,093
Glad it's not just me....
Old 04-06-2012, 08:11 PM   #694
OConnor OP
Bad juju

Oddometer: 3,228
It gets idiotic. I had a KV TK my A20 for "stealing his kill". The days of close games seem to be fading. The games I'm in are totally one-sided, 2 dead on one team while the other is wiped out. One game had 5 T34s on one side.
2000 Suzuki SV650 track bike
1971 CB175 vintage racer inabox

OConnor screwed with this post 04-07-2012 at 08:09 AM
OConnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:21 PM   #695
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by OConnor View Post
It gets idiotic. I had a KV TK my A20 for "steeling his kill". The days of close games seem to be fading. The games I'm in are totally one-sided, 2 dead on one team while the other is wiped out. One game had 5 T34s on one side.
Try six Type 59's, like we faced tonight. Our team had none.

Thankfully 90% of the team understood what that, and the comments to defend first, meant. Of course we had one guy crying that he had no support when he didn't heed the agreed upon tactic, nor read the MM dispersion... he died early.

Somehow, though, facing a hoard of 59's, we beat them. It was a well played game for a Random.

I honestly am having an equal mix lately of being beat well, being beat hard, and my team congratulating themselves for a job well done despite the odds. I'm still Ok with the game, but ... sure ... I'd like to win more.
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Mambo Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:21 PM   #696
Hodag
native

Oddometer: 22,791
ace tanker badge in the pzIII
Hodag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:27 PM   #697
Cat0020
El cheapo

Oddometer: 5,273
Like this?

Old 04-07-2012, 07:56 AM   #698
Hodag
native

hellcat in the garage...
Old 04-07-2012, 08:20 AM   #699
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

How is the Hellcat working out? That seems like a tank for a super-aggressive player, and one with loads-o-skill. Too many people complain in-game that the Hellcat can't take a fight... but it's not meant to get hit, nor snipe and get hit head-on... I'm not sure how they missed the point of it, but such is WoT, lol.

------

Well, not the absolute greatest game ever to brag about, but I'm just happy since I've hit a milestone of sorts. Long time in coming, I've pretty much done three lines at once instead of focusing on the heavies of any particular line, so now I have access to tier 9's in American and Soviet, and tier-8 in German (4502A... which I'm holding off on buying).

First game in an IS-4 after buying it days ago and taking the time to afford to outfit it a little. Not fully upgraded (actually, not even half upgraded I guess), but I held back a main opposing force (4502P, 2xTIger II's, T34, more) long enough to slow them and for my team to win.

Thank goodness for bounces, some misses, and my arty ready to lay it down while I slowly backed up and kept fighting around the whole mountain.

To the right of the shot is the 4502(P) Ausf. B that was scary enough when he led their charge around, but since they were all coming around I ran back up to his side and used his tank as protection from the others as I continued to shoot into his side. It worked. Yes, it still hurts for him to shoot point-blank, but not nearly as much as when he and his three friends are shooting and hitting you. It's a skill I only remember to use occasionally, but it's sweet when used.

their motorcycles
." --
RyanR

Mambo Dave screwed with this post 04-07-2012 at 08:45 AM
Old 04-07-2012, 12:47 PM   #700
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Oddometer: 7,510
Fadin's Medal, last enemy killed with the last round onboard. SU-26 in Mines. Cool.
Smithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 01:37 PM   #701
Hodag
native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
How is the Hellcat working out? That seems like a tank for a super-aggressive player, and one with loads-o-skill. Too many people complain in-game that the Hellcat can't take a fight... but it's not meant to get hit, nor snipe and get hit head-on... I'm not sure how they missed the point of it, but such is WoT, lol.
its a fast hard hitting tank, that you only get 1-2 oops and you're dead
i've upgraded engine and tracks, now its time for the gun

its hard to remember to shoot and scoot
but as a flanking tank up front
it rocks
Old 04-07-2012, 01:47 PM   #702
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Hehehehe....I just got Invader with a KV. Top of the chart on Campinovka and I waited a while and waltzed right in over a PzIV....
Old 04-07-2012, 06:53 PM   #703
Hodag
native

you never hear about shells bouncing off a hellcat
but boy can it hit and run
Old 04-07-2012, 11:34 PM   #704
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodag View Post
you never hear about shells bouncing off a hellcat
but boy can it hit and run
You can take advantage of the special on this weekend - actually, everyone here should if they've been reading our recommendations to at least buy a camo net and binolucars before buying their next greatest tank(s). It's all on sale.

For the Hellcat, I'd guess the Vertical Stabilizer mod that makes the reticule smaller while moving, the gun laying drive that loads it faster, and... ??? Maybe that is actually a tank to have the toolkit on, as if you get hit and stopped, you need to get going again ASAP or risk losing it.

It was perfect for me - I bought an extra set of binocs and a net for my second account (nice to save credits, nice to be able to outfit another tank when I leave the one fitted one, whichever that may be, in battle), and for the first time I bought a suspension upgrade for a tank (for the IS-4 to avoid having to use XP for the tracks first - the turret (26,000 XP?) and the next gun (63,000 XP!) are far more important to get than wasting 23k or whatever XP on tracks if I can avoid it).

So I didn't end up buying any tanks for this sale... which is fine. I started the Russian TD line on the second account, but OMG did I lose a lot - I had no influence on higher tier battles with the first TD in the line, so I gave up and bought the second. With the second, the SU-76, I was actually able to have a positive influence on how the battles went... and we'd be ahead, but my teams would always lose anyway Finally one win and I gave up for the night.

If you guys haven't yet played against them, those AMX 13 90's are tier-8 killers. OMG are they a pain from the Tier-8 heavy perspective, but I bet they're fun to play. They are very strong for their size, and penetrate all six quick-shots very well. Two, together, are often the end of T34 heavies. Just something to think about if you're looking for a line to go after. Now that I think about it, I guess the play-style could be like a Hellcat, except with the quick-shots from the magazine loading system. I only have an AMX 12t, but I'm finally progressing in the ways it is made to contribute to the team effort. It can scout, sure, but that's not the small & fast French AMX tanks' main point.
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR

Mambo Dave screwed with this post 04-08-2012 at 05:14 AM
Old 04-08-2012, 05:15 AM   #705
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

I hear you, Dave.....I'd bought a second (actually third, because one is permanently mounted on my arty) camo net a while ago and I went ahead with a second set of bino's this weekend. I also picked up my Easy 8 this weekend while it was on sale. Now I have to get the coin back together to put my KV-3 in the garage ahead of 7.3. Need to add about 500K to the bank to buy and crew it (and have a little left over).

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: