Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 387 votes, 4.97 average. Display Modes
Old 04-09-2013, 10:53 AM   #7036
Dysco
caddis muncher

Oddometer: 15,883
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
In this case, you're better off starting a new crew. If you retrain your M2 LT crew for a Lee using silver, they will start at 80% (10% loss for changing tanks, 10% loss for changing from lights to mediums). They will also forget how to run the M2 LT. Any time you move a crew from one tank to another, the forget how to run the previous tank. The only time you can transfer a crew to another tank without losing skills is to use them on a premium tank of the same type (for example, using a M3 Lee crew on a Super Pershing).
So developing one bomber crew for each line is generally desirable, but it's more to work through the tree of a certain type than to have a few mobile crews?

If I wanted to try US lights at a higher tier (The M2 LT plays like a medium in lower tiers from what I can tell playing arty) I'd be better off moving my first crew up the line and training a new crew for the tier 2 tank, right?
Dysco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:06 AM   #7037
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 30,035
Mike: A crew only works in one SPECIFIC tank without a penalty.

Ignoring gold tanks: If you train a crew in a tank.. and then move them to anything else - they get a 20% penalty on their skills.

The EXCEPTION to this is gold tanks.
If you put a crew in a gold tank on the SAME LINE ... they get no penalty in, and only in, that gold tank.

So for example, with the American Heavy line if you buy a T34 - any american heavy tank crew can go in the T34 without penalty - but they can NOT go from tank to tank in the line - ONLY into the gold tank.

Was that your question?

p.s. as you move up a line you can move the crew up - you can pay 200 gold (per member!) to keep them at 100% or you can lose 10% when you retrain them using slver or using 20% retraining them at no cost.
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:10 AM   #7038
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 12,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwboomer View Post
It saves every replay. Then you have to upload em to mwreplays.com
I spose I should see how that works in real time. How does the file differentiate between battles? If I have, say 6 battles in 6 different tanks, how do I know which replay is for which battle?
papalobster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:10 AM   #7039
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 30,035
Mike: assuming you already new what I just said:

I tend to like to have two crews on each line - so you can leapfrog them up the line from tank to tank.

I find that there is usually more than one tank on a line that I consider a "keeper" so in the end after you've hit the Tier 10 it is nice to have a crew for your Tier 10 and then a crew for the tank you liked the most in the line (assuming Tier 10 is where you are heading in the line).

that's how I ended up with a kick-arse crew in my T18.. I leap frogged up the line until the T25/2. Decided I didn't want to go further and put the T25/2 crew in the T18 and kept my second crew in my Hellcat which is one of my favorite tanks overall.

Hope this helps
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:37 AM   #7040
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by papalobster View Post
I spose I should see how that works in real time. How does the file differentiate between battles? If I have, say 6 battles in 6 different tanks, how do I know which replay is for which battle?
It creates a separate file for each battle, titled by date, tank and map......they are all stored in World_of_Tanks\replays.....
Old 04-09-2013, 11:59 AM   #7041
Dysco
caddis muncher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
Mike: assuming you already new what I just said:

I tend to like to have two crews on each line - so you can leapfrog them up the line from tank to tank.

I find that there is usually more than one tank on a line that I consider a "keeper" so in the end after you've hit the Tier 10 it is nice to have a crew for your Tier 10 and then a crew for the tank you liked the most in the line (assuming Tier 10 is where you are heading in the line).

that's how I ended up with a kick-arse crew in my T18.. I leap frogged up the line until the T25/2. Decided I didn't want to go further and put the T25/2 crew in the T18 and kept my second crew in my Hellcat which is one of my favorite tanks overall.

Hope this helps
Yes! This is what I was looking for. I think the Chaffee looks pretty interesting, but I'd hate to end up with a worthless crew at the end of a long grind. I don't mind grinding, but it's nice to go back to a "pure fun" tank in the middle of it. Just trying to figure out a plan for that without always starting a tank on a 75% crew without perks. I guess I can grind a lower crew on my fun tank and start with a 90% crew on my grinding tank.

What about the 100% commander with Mentor? Silly? How well does that perk work, anyway?
Old 04-09-2013, 12:04 PM   #7042
Dysco
caddis muncher

Arty people:

I'm a few rounds from unlocking the Priest and I just unlocked the SU-5 last night. Is one of those lines ultimately better than the other, or is it just whatever works? I like arty but it's irritating playing two alternating, especially with the turret/no turret problem.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:07 PM   #7043
Grainbelt
marginal adventurer

Oddometer: 26,776
I'm in the same boat, Dysco, and the first comment was right - 10% penalty for new tank, another 10% if a different class ( light, med, heavy, arty, TD ).

I have an M2 Light crew that I will move to the M5 once they have their perks at 100%, where using silver they will drop to 90% but retain their perks, if I read everything correctly.

Going up the russian line to the KV1 sucked because the T26/T46 light crew would take a 20% penalty to the T28 medium and another 20% to the KV1 heavy, so I didn't bother - I now have a T46 light crew that is almost 100%, but crappy crews in the T28 and KV1. Grind grind grind, I guess.
Grainbelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:16 PM   #7044
Dysco
caddis muncher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainbelt View Post
I'm in the same boat, Dysco, and the first comment was right - 10% penalty for new tank, another 10% if a different class ( light, med, heavy, arty, TD ).

I have an M2 Light crew that I will move to the M5 once they have their perks at 100%, where using silver they will drop to 90% but retain their perks, if I read everything correctly.

Going up the russian line to the KV1 sucked because the T26/T46 light crew would take a 20% penalty to the T28 medium and another 20% to the KV1 heavy, so I didn't bother - I now have a T46 light crew that is almost 100%, but crappy crews in the T28 and KV1. Grind grind grind, I guess.
Yep... or spend real dollars. A buck a crew member is what I figured.... not worth it for me.

Saving up 500,000 silver and buying the binocs changed my M2 Light from a good, but not special tank to an almost cheater tank. I now understand how the guys I was seeing own the map with an M2 did it. It also changed how I play it to change the outcome of games... the first time I really figured out how to do that (when it works). I can also scout from cover BEHIND other tanks with the view perks. My perks are now at 63% with not a ton of play. Of course, my premium days are helping out a little from my video card promo.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:00 PM   #7045
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysco View Post
What about the 100% commander with Mentor? Silly? How well does that perk work, anyway?
I do this sometimes when I'm starting a new crew and don't want to train them all to 100%.
It trains the rest of the crew up faster. Combine that with accelerated crew training, and you can get the rest up to 100% a bit faster than without.
SkidMarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:42 PM   #7046
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,234
Quote:
Not wanting to spend my little pile of coupon gold on a full-price tank, I've been saving it. Yesterday I picked up an M8A1 and put my T82 crew in it who were all at about 83%. I paid silver for the training on all but the commander, who I trained to 100% with gold and started training on Mentor. How dumb was that?

I definitely see the difference between my 100% crews and lower crews, but I'm not sure how to work transferring them around. If I move my 100+% M2 Light crew to a Lee (Medium), will they start back at 75%? Also, if I move them all back to my M2 for fun times in my favorite tank, will they remain 100% on that one?

I'm usually really good at figuring those things out given printed rules, but it's still not clear to me and I don't want to "give up" my best crew if it's going to wreck them for the tank they trained in.
http://wiki.worldoftanks.com/Crew#Training.2FRetraining

have you read through the wiki on this subject?

I would keep your M2 crew in the light line, the Americans seem to have a good light tree.
Big Bird 928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:10 PM   #7047
Dysco
caddis muncher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird 928 View Post
http://wiki.worldoftanks.com/Crew#Training.2FRetraining

have you read through the wiki on this subject?

I would keep your M2 crew in the light line, the Americans seem to have a good light tree.
The more I read it, the more I understand it. It just hasn't been clicking on how best to approach crew training. I think I've got it now.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:54 PM   #7048
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,721
Quote:
Yep... or spend real dollars. A buck a crew member is what I figured.... not worth it for me.

Saving up 500,000 silver and buying the binocs changed my M2 Light from a good, but not special tank to an almost cheater tank. I now understand how the guys I was seeing own the map with an M2 did it. It also changed how I play it to change the outcome of games... the first time I really figured out how to do that (when it works). I can also scout from cover BEHIND other tanks with the view perks. My perks are now at 63% with not a ton of play. Of course, my premium days are helping out a little from my video card promo.
And... what you light up with those binocs lights up the same for the rest of the team. A few pairs per team go a long way to helping that team win.
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Mambo Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:21 PM   #7049
papalobster
With Gusto!

testing the replay thing
Old 04-09-2013, 06:22 PM   #7050
papalobster
With Gusto!

So how do you view em? Sorry, I found my hidden bottle of vitamin R.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: