ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Shiny things
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 349 votes, 4.97 average. Display Modes
Old 04-09-2013, 11:15 PM   #7066
Grainbelt
marginal adventurer
 
Grainbelt's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Minnyhappiness
Oddometer: 26,762
Certainly depends on the map. In a city at close range the derp is great. Couple of open maps after that it was terrible. Never know what map you'regoing to get...
Grainbelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:25 PM   #7067
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Oddometer: 2,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainbelt View Post
Certainly depends on the map. In a city at close range the derp is great. Couple of open maps after that it was terrible. Never know what map you'regoing to get...
take a look at what maps you fight on regularly, only one of them (Himmelsdorf) does not have an open field to use the more accurate gun effectively, remember when you damage modules you damage the effectiveness of that tank. If you have the Derp gun mounted then on the field maps with no city you are hosed because you have to wade up to the enemy to damage them.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
Didn't take me long to sort out the derpapotomous tactic again.
Big Bird 928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:13 AM   #7068
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer
 
MN_Smurf's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Oxford, MI
Oddometer: 2,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by timk519 View Post
100% credit bonus on a T34?!?

Cool!
You're aware that that is the Russian T-34 Medium, not the American T34 Heavy, right?
__________________
'09 Kawi Versys
MN_Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:16 AM   #7069
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer
 
MN_Smurf's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Oxford, MI
Oddometer: 2,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainbelt View Post
Put the derp gun on the KV1 tonight. Silly fun in a tier 5 matchup. Four kills, steel wall and reaper.
Derp is ok on KV-1.....I preferred the 85mm. It lets you learn the play style you'll need as you climb higher in the Russian heavy tree.
__________________
'09 Kawi Versys
MN_Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:57 AM   #7070
Cat0020
El cheapo
 
Cat0020's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: NW of Philly, Hoboken, Brooklyn, Jamaica NY.
Oddometer: 5,356
Excited for V 8.5:

Gameplay Changes & Additions

Premium consumables (med kits, repair kits, etc.) are now available for credits (matching the gold/credits exchange rate similar to that of premium shells)

The creation of platoons for three players is now available for non-premium accounts

The creation of tank companies is now available for non-premium accounts

Added additional matchmaking rules to keep the balance of scouts even for both teams

Tank Changes & Updates*

USA premium SPG Sexton tier III moved to the British tree and added to in-game shop??

Max speed of the IS-7 increased from 50 to 59.6 km/h.
__________________
Mankind is doomed & Physics do not lie
Chances favor the prepared mind.
Cat0020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:17 AM   #7071
timk519
Beastly Adventurer
 
timk519's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: South-Central Ontario, Canada
Oddometer: 3,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
You're aware that that is the Russian T-34 Medium, not the American T34 Heavy, right?
!!!

Rats....
__________________
Save 20% on your first year's SmugMug image hosting with this link: https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=hccesQbqNBJbc
timk519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:28 AM   #7072
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Oddometer: 2,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
You're aware that that is the Russian T-34 Medium, not the American T34 Heavy, right?
Don't forget the Chinese stole it and made it their own...

and it is involved in the 100% bonus too!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
Didn't take me long to sort out the derpapotomous tactic again.
Big Bird 928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:30 AM   #7073
papalobster
With Gusto!
 
papalobster's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2001
Location: FDL, WI
Oddometer: 12,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird 928 View Post
you close your game client and download the replay. once downloaded you open it and it will open and play through your game client.

Edit, yet again I am VERY late on the draw.... sigh, I guess I will go do something.
That's ok, I tried it with the client already open and Win 8 decided to look in the app store for a program to play it but couldn't find one. I'll try one more time this evening I guess. Otherwise I'll just upload teh interesting ones and let you people watch em

Looks like I'll be able to get the vents on a couple big tanks this weekend. Probably end up running the Stug 3 mostly as that makes a lot of money in these 100% payouts.
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:43 AM   #7074
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Oddometer: 2,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by papalobster View Post
Looks like I'll be able to get the vents on a couple big tanks this weekend. Probably end up running the Stug 3 mostly as that makes a lot of money in these 100% payouts.
I think there will be alot of us running tier 5 tanks as that is alot of what has the 100% bonus.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
Didn't take me long to sort out the derpapotomous tactic again.
Big Bird 928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:04 AM   #7075
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon
 
Smithy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: 22310
Oddometer: 7,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat0020 View Post
Excited for V 8.5:

Gameplay Changes & Additions

Premium consumables (med kits, repair kits, etc.) are now available for credits (matching the gold/credits exchange rate similar to that of premium shells)

The creation of platoons for three players is now available for non-premium accounts

The creation of tank companies is now available for non-premium accounts

Added additional matchmaking rules to keep the balance of scouts even for both teams

Tank Changes & Updates*

USA premium SPG Sexton tier III moved to the British tree and added to in-game shop??

Max speed of the IS-7 increased from 50 to 59.6 km/h.

With the bump for non-premium platoons, I wish they'd let premium members make larger platoons - often there are nights 4 or 5 of us would like to group up, but the only way to do that is to make Companies, and that doesn't always work out well. Just a pub match with 1/3 of your team working together - that'd be nice.
__________________
Consultant, Geospatial Science at Viking Geographic LLC Always Exploring
Proprietor of The Tidewater Forge Hot iron is my passion. Fire is my mistress. Let's dance.
35 Years of Scouting Blog for Bushcrafting and Boy Scouting experiences.
Smithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:07 AM   #7076
papalobster
With Gusto!
 
papalobster's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2001
Location: FDL, WI
Oddometer: 12,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
With the bump for non-premium platoons, I wish they'd let premium members make larger platoons - often there are nights 4 or 5 of us would like to group up, but the only way to do that is to make Companies, and that doesn't always work out well. Just a pub match with 1/3 of your team working together - that'd be nice.
+1

I'll log in to TS and see the groups of 3 and just log back out again and go on my merry way.

Unfortunately, I always seem to play worse when platooned
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:18 AM   #7077
AKjeff
Beastly Adventurer
 
AKjeff's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Carson Valley
Oddometer: 4,902
I usually get in more trouble when my friends are encouraging me too
__________________
"We can choose to know better or choose to be bitter." OldRoadToad

AKjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:27 AM   #7078
Vermillionx
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Williamsport PA
Oddometer: 59
I have to thank you guys. I now have a new addiction. I started playing this game after I saw this thread and it has become a new favorite.
Vermillionx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:34 AM   #7079
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer
 
MN_Smurf's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Oxford, MI
Oddometer: 2,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
With the bump for non-premium platoons, I wish they'd let premium members make larger platoons - often there are nights 4 or 5 of us would like to group up, but the only way to do that is to make Companies, and that doesn't always work out well. Just a pub match with 1/3 of your team working together - that'd be nice.
SerB is on record that they have tested larger platoons with the supertesters and it won't happen because it breaks MM......
__________________
'09 Kawi Versys
MN_Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:53 AM   #7080
Geek
oot & aboot
 
Geek's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: 8000ft, Twin Spruce Gap, Colorado
Oddometer: 29,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat0020 View Post
The creation of platoons for three players is now available for non-premium accounts
I wonder if this will F' with the matchmaker even more - now non-premium n00bs can come in 3 packs on your team instead of 2 packs?

Yeah yeah.. i know.. lots of great players are non-premium. I keed I keed.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat0020 View Post
Max speed of the IS-7 increased from 50 to 59.6 km/h.
+1
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014