Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 545 votes, 4.98 average. Display Modes
Old 04-10-2013, 10:00 PM   #7141
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by papalobster View Post
That is a serious can of whoop-ass there for a 4502A and a team of tier 9's, and down, who decided to do nothing.
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:11 PM   #7142
Dysco
Whackaducker

Oddometer: 16,026
I've been alternating between my T-28 and the Churchill III in prep for a KV-1. I'm doing great in the T-28 and sucking in the Church. I want to be less aggressive in the Church, don't I?
Dysco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:21 PM   #7143
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysco View Post
. I want to be less aggressive in the Church, don't I?
If you're dying early when you're with the top tier (tier 5's)... then yes. If you're still alive near the end and losing, then no.

their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Old 04-10-2013, 10:24 PM   #7144
Dysco
Whackaducker

Oddometer: 16,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
If you're dying early when you're with the top tier (tier 5's)... then yes. If you're still alive near the end and losing, then no.

Dying early every time.
Dysco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:11 AM   #7145
MN_Smurf
Capt_Confusion

Oddometer: 2,443
Quote:
World's craziest griefer. He got in my way at game start several times.... So I pushed him to where I wanted to be in his much faster tank. It took a couple minutes with him on the brakes. That got old so I shot him once in the turret. Then he charged the enemy, got killed, and chatted to all that I killed him and they should report me. If that wasn't enough, he chatted the following to me out of the match...
Dysco...open a support ticket with Wargaming and send them that screenshot (and the replay, if you have it). Junior there should get a little vacation because of that, maybe a permaban.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:36 AM   #7146
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Yeah, report him.

WOTLabs isn't even showing he's played recently... not sure why: http://wotlabs.net/na/player/brandon120
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Old 04-11-2013, 04:46 AM   #7147
MN_Smurf
Capt_Confusion

I think WoTLabs is having issues getting stats from Wargaming.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:49 AM   #7148
PsycicRSA
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Quote:
World's craziest griefer. He got in my way at game start several times.... So I pushed him to where I wanted to be in his much faster tank. It took a couple minutes with him on the brakes. That got old so I shot him once in the turret. Then he charged the enemy, got killed, and chatted to all that I killed him and they should report me. If that wasn't enough, he chatted the following to me out of the match...
Big ups on the push-around keep it up hate it when people cannot drive and decide that you are the one to blame for everything. Personally i have a slight vendetta against some heavy tank drivers. No matter how well you position yourself in a TD, a heavy will always manage to park in front of you and block your shot and view....
PsycicRSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:26 AM   #7149
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 13,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
That is a serious can of whoop-ass there for a 4502A and a team of tier 9's, and down, who decided to do nothing.
I should post that replay Our t-50-2 ran ahead and into 2 type 59's and the T69. One of our types, myself and one other (I forget which) killed the 2 types and the T69. the E75 was defending cap where our arty couldn't get him, the AMX13 was pin pricking him and I could shoot his flank because he was worried about the little tank I even made it to cap!

Usually I die a horrible and firey death on the assaults because I play too aggressive (maybe I should get a KV5).

Overall I didn't do very well last night. I eeked out a couple wins thanks to the platoon mates reminding me not to be a dumbass.
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:39 AM   #7150
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 13,152
Almost forgot. I added an EVGA GeForce GT 630 2048MB GDDR3 and 450 watt power supply tothe old PC and frame rate went from single digits to mid 20's for a low but is running in the 40's most of the time. Should make family platooning much better

And just to make things even more confusing. I promised the oldest I'd buy him a premium tank for babysitting. He saw that the KV5 was being offered and isn't sure which way to go. His choices are Super Pershing, T34 (prem heavy), and the KV5. The tank is going to be mostly for credit farming.

I probably won't log in tonight so I don't mess up my x5's, but in reality so the missus doesn't get pissed about me staying up late Friday.
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:54 AM   #7151
MN_Smurf
Capt_Confusion

Quote:
And just to make things even more confusing. I promised the oldest I'd buy him a premium tank for babysitting. He saw that the KV5 was being offered and isn't sure which way to go. His choices are Super Pershing, T34 (prem heavy), and the KV5. The tank is going to be mostly for credit farming.
What lines does he play already, and which of those does he want to take to Tier 10 first? Don't just chose for credit farming. Think about crew training as well. Having a premium tank allows you to really crank up the crew xp while you're earning credits. Highly trained crews make a lot of difference in high tier matches. Those are all good tanks...IMHO, the T34 is the best of the 3.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:15 AM   #7152
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

The super pershing is cheap right now... has me considering it even though I don't need it.

In fact, what I need more than anything is just time to play. it would be silly for me to buy the SP for the other account considering I don't get to play the main account all that often anymore... and it would be silly to even buy one for the main account considering I don't have time to even play my two good premium tanks.

Being unemployed was certainly good for playing WoT
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Old 04-11-2013, 07:40 AM   #7153
MN_Smurf
Capt_Confusion

Super Persh is only $5 off regular price......I won't be buying it this weekend because I need to extend my premium.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:42 AM   #7154
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 30,838
Quote:
His choices are Super Pershing, T34 (prem heavy), and the KV5. The tank is going to be mostly for credit farming.

I would have said KV5 just based on how farkin' slow the Super Pershing is (I'd really gotten sick of it)... but now that I figured out to put fast gas in the thing.. I'm really enjoying it again.

It is no longer annoyingly slow and it is practically a steel wall from the front.
Sure it doesn't do much damage per shot but it reloads quick enough to compensate.

Since they're about to change gold consumables to silver purchasable; I'm interested to see how the faster-fast-gas makes it.

p.s. it is funny - You play a Super Pershing (medium) like a heavy and it works.
You play an FCM50t (heavy) like a medium and it works.
Play either like you are "supposed to" = fail.
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:10 AM   #7155
Grainbelt
marginal adventurer

Oddometer: 26,921
Getting the hang of the KV1. There is a difference between 'leading the charge' and 'the dumbass who gets shot from the side and rear'. Subtle difference, but it is there.
Grainbelt is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: