Get Some

Oddometer: 1,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysco View Post
World's craziest griefer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
Sounds like he needs a VA consult.
Or he just got laid off from his first post-military contractors gig. Lots of that going around lately.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:07 AM   #7157
janeuner
Get Some

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsycicRSA View Post
Personally i have a slight vendetta against some heavy tank drivers. No matter how well you position yourself in a TD, a heavy will always manage to park in front of you and block your shot and view....
Without being too critical, a suggestion...

Successful TD tactics puts the assault gun at a different attack vector from the rest of the force. Typically, the TD is faster than the heavy, so it is the TD that should reposition.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:09 AM   #7158
janeuner
Get Some

Had a good run of games with Smith and Sam last night. During the typical discussion about team stupidity, I mentioned this little article. Enjoy!

The Basic Laws of Human Stupidity

janeuner screwed with this post 04-11-2013 at 08:16 AM
janeuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:14 AM   #7159
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post

p.s. it is funny - You play a Super Pershing (medium) like a heavy and it works.
You play an FCM50t (heavy) like a medium and it works.
Play either like you are "supposed to" = fail.
Same with the IS-8 (play this 'heavy' like a medium), and I guess the 122-44 where it really shines as an attack tank vs. a sit-back TD.

A mix would be the E-50 or E-50M I would guess - not really the most agile mediums, but not really heavies either?
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:22 AM   #7160
Grainbelt
marginal adventurer

Oddometer: 26,775
Just had the craziest battle of my short WoT career, encounter style on Malinovka, starting from the North.

I finished the game with 4 HP and killed their last tank, an SU 26, after searching but not finding him, and then with 2 min left returning to the cap to find him sitting there, and one-shotted him.

At the start I dragged a couple of mediums up the hill and we took out the Hetzer and BDR G1B. Poked around a bit and took out a Valentine at the bottom of the hill.

It was one against at least three at one point while I had twenty some HP. Stalked and killed the covenanter and chi ha from the hill side, getting tracked and fucked with by the SU-26 the entire way. Two shots to get the Covenanter, he missed me. Chi Ha couldn't pen and was sitting on the cap like a putz.

Good shit. And with their heavy out early, we should have won, I'm just glad I didn't fuck it up.
Grainbelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:31 AM   #7161
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,206
Nice battle GB......very nice.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:44 AM   #7162
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,675
Great battle. Gets the blood flowing doesn't it.
SkidMarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:55 AM   #7163
Grainbelt
marginal adventurer

It was funny how many on my team stuck around to watch until the end, either joking that I was screwed or cheering me on. Last five minutes it was just me, active.

Sometimes it is too bad they shut down the battle chat instantly, would have been fun to kick that around for a few minutes.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:19 AM   #7164
AKjeff
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,914
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainbelt View Post
Getting the hang of the KV1. There is a difference between 'leading the charge' and 'the dumbass who gets shot from the side and rear'. Subtle difference, but it is there.
I'd be happy if I could learn to differentiate between the two before the OPFOR points it out to me.

AKjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:22 AM   #7165
Theaty Hannington
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,162
Went 5/7 this morning with 40,000 made. Not bad, eh? One shotted a Tiger on Assault too. 1450 damage in a single hit from my tier 6 arty. Good morning for tanking.

We were getting no luck last night, Smithy. BigBird and I went something like 3/10. We both still made money, but we got a bunch of zero teams.

Somebody, I forget who, was talking about an asterisk after a tank name in game. According to an article I found it appears to signal "Stock turret mounted, top gun cannot be mounted," while a single quote mark shows, "Stock turret but top gun can be mounted."

"Everyone who isn't playing your tank in that round knows how to play it better." - Morgue
Theaty Hannington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:45 AM   #7166
vwboomer
Buffoon

Oddometer: 9,328
currently 0/7.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:50 AM   #7167
PsycicRSA
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeuner View Post
Without being too critical, a suggestion...

Successful TD tactics puts the assault gun at a different attack vector from the rest of the force. Typically, the TD is faster than the heavy, so it is the TD that should reposition.
True true. Guess it does depend on the TD and heavy. Only time where i disagree is based on a particular incident. It was an assault in karelia and we were attacking. After taking a spot on the hill with my wolverine with a good view of proceedings a Churchill (cant remember which one) proceeded to park infront of me and obstruct more than half my shooting area. I ignored him deciding he was not worth my effort. 5 minutes later when he decided he wanted to reverse (while i was still shooting at opposition tanks) he couldn't because turns out he got himself parked in by parking in front of me. He then TKed me because i was still busy shooting and wouldn't move. So i laughed at him and reported him
PsycicRSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:54 AM   #7168
Grainbelt
marginal adventurer

Tier 4/5 mediums: I have the T28, means to and end for KV1. Do I go back and research my way from the BT2 to the T34, or go for the M4 Sherman thru the 'merican line?

I have a decent T28 crew I could transfer to the T34, where as on the US side I'd be starting from scratch. Also a good Russian light crew I could transfer for the grind.

I have done almost nothing German, French or Chinese. but could start if there's a line thru their tree that makes sense.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:02 AM   #7169
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

This isn't my battle, but is a clan-mate's BatChat battle where he got more awards than I've ever seen. Not sure if anyone wants to watch such a thing, and to be honest a number of people in the clan attribute it to a mix of skill and talent (as opposed to very talented players who can do about the same level of play time after time).

Description 8000 damage Victory! Malinovka Thursday, April 11, 2013 10:40:21 Bat Chatillon 25 t : 4,434 ( x2for the first victory each day) 126,533 Battle Achievements
Fadin's Medal,
Crucial Contribution,
Pool's Medal,
Pascucci's Medal,
Top Gun,
Sniper,

Reaper, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

http://www.wot-replays.org/replay/51...06c000000.html
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Old 04-11-2013, 10:08 AM   #7170
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainbelt View Post
Tier 4/5 mediums: I have the T28, means to and end for KV1. Do I go back and research my way from the BT2 to the T34, or go for the M4 Sherman thru the 'merican line?

I have a decent T28 crew I could transfer to the T34, where as on the US side I'd be starting from scratch. Also a good Russian light crew I could transfer for the grind.

I have done almost nothing German, French or Chinese. but could start if there's a line thru their tree that makes sense.
That's up to you. Both will put you in good places, but right now the end-tier of the Soviet medium T62A is valued a little more than the M48 Patton tier ten of the Capitalist Pigs. Both lines have great tanks the whole way up if you get into the style of play that makes a medium tank benefit a team.
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: