Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 385 votes, 4.97 average. Display Modes
Old 04-17-2013, 10:35 PM   #7381
James Adams
Misplaced

Oddometer: 8,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfp4073 View Post
btw, I am a big fan of the t18 too. Keep that little demon around for the fun of it!
I am having a lot of fun with the T18 for sure, but I'm also taking a liking to the British scout tanks.
James Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:38 PM   #7382
Dysco
caddis muncher

Oddometer: 15,883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainbelt View Post
Crew is 80%ish, AP rounds, I try to hang behind a heavy or medium and support them but the teams are so damn random, and it is sometimes too slow to keep up.

I haven't liked a single no-turret tank up to this point, so I'm not surprised, but it isn't as much fun as I thought it might be. Miss that first shot and yer fucked, basically.
You might try playing the T18 for a while. Play it from a hide with the accurate gun like a real TD. Use the "X" key so you keep your camo. I hate going inside with non-turreted guns, but it can be done. Best to stay far away.
Dysco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:40 PM   #7383
Dysco
caddis muncher

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Adams View Post
I am having a lot of fun with the T18 for sure, but I'm also taking a liking to the British scout tanks.
I used to be really good with the M2 Light, but I'm in a serious slump with it right now. One day I did well over 1,000XP 3-4 times. Now I'm lucky to hit 5-600.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:43 AM   #7384
UngaWunga
Mosquito bait

Oddometer: 6,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theaty Hannington View Post
And then even more ks for the Hellcat, Pershing, T71, AMX12t, M4, T1 Heavy, and the two tanks I sold earlier that I want back: the M7 and the M5 Stuart.
The Hellcat is my favorite tank. Well, that and the IS, amx13/90, t71, t20...

The french light autoloaders are a hoot. With a good driver and clutch braking you can circle heavies and unload on them, reload, and do it again...

Arty hunting is a hoot, too. Though some of the top tier artillery players are VERY good at nailing light tanks from short distances. Always attack at an angle.

Hellcat... camo camo camo. And binoculars. Hang off to the side and enjoy the slaughter.

Anyone else notice that the SU-26 doesn't penetrate crap anymore?
Old 04-18-2013, 07:34 AM   #7385
Dysco
caddis muncher

Quote:
Originally Posted by UngaWunga View Post
I have ridiculous numbers with my SU-18... and pitiful with the SU-26 I sold immediately after eliting.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:38 AM   #7386
Theaty Hannington
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by UngaWunga View Post
The Hellcat is my favorite tank. Well, that and the IS, amx13/90, t71, t20...

The french light autoloaders are a hoot. With a good driver and clutch braking you can circle heavies and unload on them, reload, and do it again...

Arty hunting is a hoot, too. Though some of the top tier artillery players are VERY good at nailing light tanks from short distances. Always attack at an angle.

Hellcat... camo camo camo. And binoculars. Hang off to the side and enjoy the slaughter.

Which one consistently makes more money? Hellcat or T71? According to this link that somebody posted in here earlier, Hellcat. But I was wondering your impressions. Thanks for the advice!

"Everyone who isn't playing your tank in that round knows how to play it better." - Morgue
Theaty Hannington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:13 AM   #7387
mfp4073
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,161
Quote:
I am reaching the point where one of my crews will be %100. I read somewhere in the past many pages some hints/suggestions on perks....but cant find them again. What is worth taking and worth leaving. Who should I perk with what?

btw, I am a big fan of the t18 too. Keep that little demon around for the fun of it!

Im not sure what I am doing wrong. I am trying to select say, Brothers in Arms as a skill for my tank commander who is currently 93%. I click on it and it highlights that rectangle. But when I go back to open the crew member again I dont see any indication that its still selected? What am I missing or misunderstanding?
1974 BMW R90/6 Bettie #1, 04 Triumph Bonneville
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Blank
loner, lonegunman, get it. That’s the whole point. I like the lifestyle, the image. Look a the way I dress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgoodsoil View Post
Cavemen must've designed them shortly after inventing the wheel.
mfp4073 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:31 AM   #7388
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 30,011
Quote:
I am reaching the point where one of my crews will be %100. I read somewhere in the past many pages some hints/suggestions on perks....but cant find them again. What is worth taking and worth leaving. Who should I perk with what?!
That depends on the tank line you are running up? Where do you see going with the crew (i.e. what tank will they ultimately end up in).

I use different skills/perks for heavy tanks vs. TDs... turreted tanks vs. non-turreted. Short visioned tanks vs. long visioned tanks. Slow accelerating tanks vs. speedy tanks, etc.

You basically want to offset the specific tanks shortcomings.
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:33 AM   #7389
Geek
oot & aboot

Quote:
Which one consistently makes more money? Hellcat or T71? According to this link that somebody posted in here earlier, Hellcat. But I was wondering your impressions. Thanks for the advice!
Hellcat is definitely one of my all time favorites as well; especially when the crew gets up to a few hundred percent. LOTS of camo but also 6th sense has really opened up the possibilities of what I can do with it because it is so fast.
With 6th sense I can take a chance and try to get somewhere unexpected with its speed and if 6th sense doesn't trigger I can get major spotting damage. I had a 5600 spotting damage in it yesterday in a round thanks to 6th sense.

I dunno how much money it makes.. that's what premium tanks are for
Old 04-18-2013, 08:38 AM   #7390
Geek
oot & aboot

Quote:
Im not sure what I am doing wrong. I am trying to select say, Brothers in Arms as a skill for my tank commander who is currently 93%. I click on it and it highlights that rectangle. But when I go back to open the crew member again I dont see any indication that its still selected? What am I missing or misunderstanding?
You cannot choose the perk until crew members are 100%. THEN you start training their first skill.

then... Brothers in Arms does not kick in until that first skill is at 100% on EVERY crew member -
i.e. The crew has to be at 100% + 100% first skill = 200% for the tank!

FWIW - to put it in perspective...
The first skill takes 210,064 XP from 0% to 100%
The second skill takes double that.
The 3rd - double again (almost 750,000 experience)

Geek screwed with this post 04-18-2013 at 09:00 AM
Old 04-18-2013, 08:40 AM   #7391
mfp4073
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
You cannot choose the perk until crew members are 100%. THEN you start training their first skill.

then... Brothers in Arms does not kick in until that first skill is at 100% on EVERY crew member -

So skills and perks are not available until the crew member is %100? I have gotten the idea that skills are started from the beginning and perks are only once at %100.
Quote:
loner, lonegunman, get it. That’s the whole point. I like the lifestyle, the image. Look a the way I dress.
Quote:
Old 04-18-2013, 08:42 AM   #7392
James Adams
Misplaced

Oddometer: 8,506
Quote:

Damn, and I thought I was doing pretty well with a 53% crew.
James Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:31 AM   #7393
mfp4073
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:

FWIW - to put it in perspective...
The first skill takes 210,064 XP from 0% to 100%
The second skill takes double that.
The 3rd - double again (almost 750,000 experience)

Thank you! It really seems that there are some serious shortcomings in the WOT manuals and in game tutorials. It took me a long time to figure out how to switch to overhead arty mode. The only reason I even found out that there was one was from reading someone mention it in a forum. I had to do a yahoo search. Seems like this should be something on the list of key controls or in the training mission.......but I digress.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-18-2013, 09:32 AM   #7394
PsycicRSA
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Quote:
27k until the M40/M43.

And then many more ks to buy and mount equipment.

And then even more ks for the Hellcat, Pershing, T71, AMX12t, M4, T1 Heavy, and the two tanks I sold earlier that I want back: the M7 and the M5 Stuart.

But hey, that just means I get to play more tanks with you all to get credits. My most consistently profitable tank seems to be my Wolverine. And for PsycicRSA, here is a link to the clip from Red Dawn, a 1980s piece of Americana if there ever was one. WOLVERINES!!!
HAHAHAHAHA WOLVERINES!!!! Too much of epicness I am so going to shout that in Teamspeak every time i play my wolverine from now on
PsycicRSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:54 AM   #7395
Dysco
caddis muncher

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Adams View Post
Damn, and I thought I was doing pretty well with a 53% crew.
Dood. Pay the silver to get them to 75%. It's a "cheap" upgrade and makes a huge difference. It takes a while to get them to 100% from there, but is totally worth it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: