User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 387 votes, 4.97 average. Display Modes
Old 04-12-2012, 05:27 AM   #751
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,224
Log into your account on the WoT website (same as you game login), click on your user name in the upper right corner of the screen, then hit Activate Bonus Code on the pull down menu. Type the bonus code in all caps or it won't work.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:31 AM   #752
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,045
YES! That means ill get the tiger this weekend for sure. I've been working for it for two weeks now.

"My mind jumped off the high dive into the deep end of the gutter and took scuba gear with it" Me.
Switchblade315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:40 AM   #753
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Unfortunately, I'm not close enough to take advantage of the sale on the Panther or the IS....
Old 04-12-2012, 09:23 AM   #754
SteelJM1
Undercover KTM rider

Oddometer: 1,512
$7/ month for premium account... Good thing I didnt do it the other day, I just might today!

oh by the way, the french D1 suuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

Suuuuuuuucks. This is a tough grind.

suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks
SteelJM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:54 AM   #755
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,740
Bots.

I finally was able to identify two real ones in a battle today. They didn't move at all... perhaps because the script to control them didn't work with both being placed in the same battle? I don't know. If it's like other games, though, a bot name to be some aggressive name (chosen from a list I guess) with random numbers after it seems kind of common.

Anyway, here's my report to WarGaming, and the picture (one of many) I took. Something else to look out for now.

I entered a public Random game just now, and witnessed two Pzk IV's not moving at about the half-way point.

I believe this was a bot player, perhaps attempting to control two tanks at once but having issues.

Both Pzk IV's were outfitted the same (i.e. same gun, same turret, same camo pattern), both had some type of aggressive name with numbers following it, and BOTH had their barrels pointed in exactly the same random place the entire game. Other guys agreed with me that these were bots, and they seem similar to some bots we'd see in Eve Online.

Note that this is not a Bot report for one tank - but for BOTH tanks pictured. They were in this position until the end of the game.

their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Mambo Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:57 AM   #756
SteelJM1
Undercover KTM rider

2 questions:

Are the bots supposed to be like, autoaim invincible assuming the scripts are working right? And whats up with the different colored name tags?
Old 04-12-2012, 10:03 AM   #757
Flood
F5lood.

Oddometer: 10,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelJM1 View Post
2 questions:

Are the bots supposed to be like, autoaim invincible assuming the scripts are working right? And whats up with the different colored name tags?
I guess the bots are just randomly entering games to farm credits. There are sites out there where you can buy high credit/xp accounts from bot farmers.

RallyRAIDio on Twitter
RallyRAIDio on Facebook
Flood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:11 AM   #758
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Quote:
2 questions:

Personally, I don't understand why anyone would want to bother Botting this game... I don't see how they could profit. Cancel that, I just read what Flood wrote... I see now.

The main goal of botting is usually to make profit via gaining experience points through as little work as possible. The "as little work as possible" part is working, here, so maybe he didn't have any other script than to enter tanks into a battle? Tanks gain XP for winning even if they don't do anything.

What's up with the colored tags? They have something to do with the Win Ratio mod I installed. To some degree colors represent differing degrees of win ratios. At the beginning of a game, with the initial tank list before the map appears, I can see each players' overall win ratio, and the numbers of games they've played in the thousands (so... like 8k, 15k, or the ever-worrisome Tier 8 players with only 2k battles). I don't like the colored names, and there is a way to shut them off.

Here you can take a look at the numbers under an enemy IS-3 in the right upper corner of this screenshot. This IS-3 and his two Ferdinand friends both had way, way better win ratios than I see even in any one tier8 tank for weeks at a time. The number under his over-marker is 70%, which means a 70% win ratio overall. When I saw his platoon with the two Ferdis, and knowing they would work together... I knew my team of misfits wasn't ready for them. We predictably lost... hard.

Now why does it choose purple for good players? I don't know... and there may be some other color meaning that I don't know about yet. You can see I'm green, with my T34 and a 51% win ratio (fast declining). The account in the post above yours is my other non-premium do-the-slow-grind account to play different tanks. He is typically purple in battles now, he has a 58% win ratio.
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR

Mambo Dave screwed with this post 04-12-2012 at 10:23 AM
Old 04-12-2012, 11:43 AM   #759
SteelJM1
Undercover KTM rider

Hmm that's kinda neat. I need to start looking into various mods for the game.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:36 PM   #760
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Quote:
Hmm that's kinda neat. I need to start looking into various mods for the game.
If nothing else, a good Over Target Marker is both tactically helpful and entertaining.

Helpful - if something is lit up anywhere near you, you can see what type of tank it is. You can use this as - you'll know that you may want to sneak up behind a large TD, where-as a small TD you might just roll right through. Great for knowing if you need to switch to HE for a much larger enemy tank, too.

Entertaining - the damage number that pops up gives certain sense of satisfaction... especially when you light them afire. Tactically, though, you can also see into that jumble of tanks over to the side to know if your guys are handling it, or if they are the ones whose green numbers are rising up in the air. Red numbers good, green numbers bad.

-----

My buddy, a great player in his own right when he isn't drunk, warns that it could be a self-fulfilling prophecy in seeing how bad your team is, then losing due to it. I see where he is coming from, but I don't think he's correct. It is very rare that a team with terrible stats surprises me, but I just now came from a tier 6 through tier 10 battle where is was obvious to the team we may lose due to the numbers of platoons they had (12 of the 14 tanks on that team were platooned, where we had one two-man platoon, plus the enemy had a Maus and IS-7). I saw that, and saw the Maus and the guys he was platooned with were really, really good based on wins... so it looked more hopeless for us from my perspective.

But I did what my T34 could do. We soon lost the center island to the Maus and others, and were down one tank compared to them. Somehow, though, they kinda of disappeared. None of us know if they were waiting for the Maus to get to the base to start capping, or what, but a number of our team saw the chance after we killed off a second TD keeping us from capping, so we all went for cap. We won a game that, stats wise and platoon-wise, we should not have IMHO. The only award at the end of that game was a Sniper, and I was the one who achieved that.

But then there is an issue with the stats the mod puts out, too. For example, I saw a KV-5 with a 10% win ratio two games before. I was incredulous as that is a really tough win ratio to achieve. Sure enough, on checking his stats he really had a 46% win ratio... so the stats mod screwed that number up somehow. (To be honest, he acted like a 10% winner though... he moved about 200 yards from spawn, did not support anyone, and when the remaining 12 of the enemy came for him ... he was able to kill a wounded tank before dying. Waste of a tier 8.)
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Old 04-12-2012, 12:53 PM   #761
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
If nothing else, a good Over Target Marker is both tactically helpful and entertaining.
+1
7.2 has a new Marker tab in the setup to change your OTM. It's almost the same as the mod I was using in 7.1. I switched to theirs since mine wasn't working in 7.2 and I didn't feel like messing with it.
SkidMarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:17 PM   #762
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Comically, what-ever message that occasionally floats up from a just-destroyed tank is now in Russian on mine. I guess it's something like "Ammo Racked!" or "Explosion!" or... I can't even remember if it's just one word, or multiple words that can pop up from tanks. I only have seen the Russian message like twice since patch 7.3, so that would explain why I can't remember what the English version is, lol.
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Old 04-12-2012, 09:09 PM   #763
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Oddometer: 7,692
Got my IS tonight.

Then I had the pleasure of meeting a Maus face to face. Oh joy.
Smithy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 03:56 AM   #764
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

I got to face a Maus in my first battle in my KV-3....

Yeah, the 85mm just tickled him a little.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:13 AM   #765
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 12,747
Got my GLD and rammer for the M41 last night. Kind of transformed it. Still have the short gun though.

I was on Mines, sitting on the north hill sniping with my E8. I'd get a couple shots, bring them down to very little hp left and this SU85 would take the kill shot. He called me worthless and told me to get off the hill. What a dumbass.
papalobster is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: