Old 05-01-2013, 12:56 PM   #7757
Theaty Hannington
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
Norm: I saw that.. PERFECT!
I'm grinding the T32 which is in the 8-9-10 chain to the E5
I'm still on the T1 Heavy. So I might catch that T32, but I doubt I'll have the credits to get further than that. I've almost got the credits for the T71, but I think I'm going to hold off on buying it and get the M6 and the Pershing first. I love the T20 and have been rocking it lately. Makes me want to try the next one in the lineup. Although soon I'll need more garage slots. They go on sale once every 4 months or so, right?

"Everyone who isn't playing your tank in that round knows how to play it better." - Morgue
Theaty Hannington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:06 PM   #7758
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theaty Hannington View Post
I'm still on the T1 Heavy. So I might catch that T32, but I doubt I'll have the credits to get further than that. I've almost got the credits for the T71, but I think I'm going to hold off on buying it and get the M6 and the Pershing first. I love the T20 and have been rocking it lately. Makes me want to try the next one in the lineup. Although soon I'll need more garage slots. They go on sale once every 4 months or so, right?
Off the top of my head there are roughly 5 top tier tanks per nation, so figure once a year they will go on sale.

sent from my abacus.
Big Bird 928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:25 PM   #7759
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird 928 View Post
Off the top of my head there are roughly 5 top tier tanks per nation, so figure once a year they will go on sale.

sent from my abacus.
actually a total of 27 top tier tanks including the arty, who knows if they will be included though.
Big Bird 928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:29 PM   #7760
Theaty Hannington
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird 928 View Post
Rumor is that not all of them will go on sale. That's the same rumor-source that said to save a couple of million credits last week.

Alright! I got defender in my 12t just now, during the event. Pulled up to our cap with an OpFor Tiger P and two OpFor IS-3s. They were ten seconds from capping out and I hit each one in turn for 120 damage each to reset all, and I did it before they could get a shot off. 85 base defense points in 6 seconds. Go autoloader! They of course stomped me shortly thereafter because their turrets had turned around as I was trying to back down -- but by that time our team had three on their cap and we beat them by fifteen seconds -- just enough. That's an extra 1,250 XP. I wish that tank had another 2 degrees of barrel depression and another 2 of ascension. That would help it fit my playstyle better. Oh well, I guess it's time yet again to fit myself to the playstyle the tank demands.

"Everyone who isn't playing your tank in that round knows how to play it better." - Morgue
Theaty Hannington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:11 PM   #7761
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,172
4-13 with a 1654 efficiency......well, I know the problem wasn't me tonight.
Old 05-01-2013, 06:24 PM   #7762
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 12,670
3-1 so far.
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:45 PM   #7763
vwboomer
Buffoon

Oddometer: 9,309
Uninstalled. Couldn't take it anymore.

Actually doing a clean install. if it ever finishes downloading. Before uninstalled I added on the russian stuff. Problem was, it changed everything to Russian

Then I guess I need to get busy making credits. I have the T110E4 researched, as well as the IS-4. And am only about 15kxp after this morning from the IS8. I had a real good run in the IS-3 this morning, but teams weren't cooperating.

Hopefully buying a couple tier 10's won't be a huge mistake. Throwing 18m hard earned credits down the drain is never pleasant.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:55 PM   #7764
AKjeff
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,901
The harder I try the worse I play. I've just about given up on earning the last of the xp I need by Fri morning to research the IS.
I never really wanted one but I figure at that price why not. I really want the KV-13 medium, I'm within range of it now.

AKjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:48 AM   #7765
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,240
JS is a pretty good tank....I think it was better over the Tiger. If you could get yourself in a hull down the T29 rules....thick turret.

Only thing I am really working to is the new german med line. I want my Leopard I....so back to the III/IV, took me a few games to remember how to play that thing....thin armor....I try to play it the same way as the Patton....what works in the III/IV will not work in the patton.

And I think I found the worst tank in the game SU-5....Oh My....no ammo, slow, itty bitty arch....Half way to the next and it is going to take a while....and only about 10k XP to go till the GW panther. God that arty stuff is so easy.
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:29 AM   #7766
Ebein
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPGT72 View Post
J
And I think I found the worst tank in the game SU-5....Oh My....no ammo, slow, itty bitty arch....Half way to the next and it is going to take a while....and only about 10k XP to go till the GW panther. God that arty stuff is so easy.
I will agree with you there, its the only tank I free XP'd entirely past.
http://wotlabs.net/sig_cust/00FF00/0.../signature.png
Ebein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:34 AM   #7767
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 12,670
I played my sons SU5, realized that I wasn't going any further than the SU26. I still have my 100% SU26 crew in the barracks. I might get the itch for that again. It's my winningest tank.

Since I installed all the russian mods, my frame rate has dropped like 20 fps. Win 8 doesn't let me run most of the XVM stuff though. I get the pre-battle stats and that's about it. I'm probably going to drop that because it seems like most of that is hogwash. I'd like to see individual player stats in the game, I think that would be helpful.
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:20 AM   #7768
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,576
Speaking of Arty... I have fully researched the S-51 to the next arty (whatever it is) but, as many of you know, I gave up on playing arty simply due to the teams I was getting. My win ratio is much higher in tanks when I do what tanks should do when even bad arty is present (instead of, for example, not lighting anything up until it's too late - a common problem when I was in the arty seat and watching teammates with very poor ratings mill about their spawn sides until they died).

So all that work into a good arty crew, but I converted them over for my SU-152 TD since I'm pretty damned sure that arty is not the place I should be at - no matter how relaxing it is.

If I can find an appropriate German vehicle line for my GW crew I might change them over as well, but as of now the only line I am chasing with a dedicated split is the Soviet TD's where two lines branch off from the SU-100, hence the re-trained crew.
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:29 AM   #7769
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
Speaking of Arty... I have fully researched the S-51 to the next arty (whatever it is) but, as many of you know, I gave up on playing arty simply due to the teams I was getting. My win ratio is much higher in tanks when I do what tanks should do when even bad arty is present (instead of, for example, not lighting anything up until it's too late - a common problem when I was in the arty seat and watching teammates with very poor ratings mill about their spawn sides until they died).

So all that work into a good arty crew, but I converted them over for my SU-152 TD since I'm pretty damned sure that arty is not the place I should be at - no matter how relaxing it is.

If I can find an appropriate German vehicle line for my GW crew I might change them over as well, but as of now the only line I am chasing with a dedicated split is the Soviet TD's where two lines branch off from the SU-100, hence the re-trained crew.
This is when I play it.....right before bed....it is like smashing ants with your finger.
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:22 AM   #7770
Dysco
caddis muncher

Oddometer: 15,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPGT72 View Post
This is when I play it.....right before bed....it is like smashing ants with your finger.

My last round of the night is always with my Priest.
Dysco is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: