User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 385 votes, 4.97 average. Display Modes
Old 06-22-2013, 12:43 AM   #9061
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,233
now that I know how tall you are, we need to talk bikes... at 6'8" I have the same problem you must.
Big Bird 928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 01:27 AM   #9062
Dysco
caddis muncher

Oddometer: 15,883

...and no bling, not even Steel Wall.

This thing is hilarious. 100% crew provided by WOWP.
Dysco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 01:31 AM   #9063
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysco View Post

...and no bling, not even Steel Wall.

This thing is hilarious. 100% crew provided by WOWP.
It is hilarious untill a Hetzer one shots you with a gold round, then you are cussing.

That is untill the HEAT nerf with the patch next week.
Old 06-22-2013, 01:56 AM   #9064
vwboomer
Buffoon

Oddometer: 9,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird 928 View Post
now that I know how tall you are, we need to talk bikes... at 6'8" I have the same problem you must.
He has a lot of problems....you may want to be more specific
Old 06-22-2013, 02:35 AM   #9065
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwboomer View Post
He has a lot of problems....you may want to be more specific
very true.
Old 06-22-2013, 03:13 AM   #9066
Dysco
caddis muncher

Oddometer: 15,883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird 928 View Post
It is hilarious untill a Hetzer one shots you with a gold round, then you are cussing.

That is untill the HEAT nerf with the patch next week.
I always liked to explode them with the Priest.

That HEAT nerf will be welcome for me. It's just dumb. Also, after playing lots of TDs and arty, it's nice to get mucho XP per round for big damage. I hope my M41 isn't so nerfed I can't load up big XP games with damage.
Dysco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 03:26 AM   #9067
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysco View Post
I always liked to explode them with the Priest.

That HEAT nerf will be welcome for me. It's just dumb. Also, after playing lots of TDs and arty, it's nice to get mucho XP per round for big damage. I hope my M41 isn't so nerfed I can't load up big XP games with damage.

From playing a few arty on the test server, one of the things I have noticed is that if you can zone in on a location and they are dumb enough to still be there when you have aimed in you can roast them, if they move then good luck following or leading them properly without your aim circle going bonkers... atleast that is my observation without playing much on that server, and may be subject to change when I can play them more after the patch drops.
Old 06-22-2013, 08:19 AM   #9068
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 12,722
I can't believe haw early taper off here. 1:30 and everything is shut down.

Good meeting you Dave, hope I didn't leave too bad of an impression. Boomer pretty much nailed it though.

Bummer about the biker. Hearing that really saddens me.

WoWP loaded into the laptop, but I haven't tried it yet. I need to get a joystick first.

Sam, only bike that ever fit me comfortably was a KLR. I just try to make anything else work.
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 01:04 PM   #9069
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by papalobster View Post
I can't believe haw early taper off here. 1:30 and everything is shut down.

Good meeting you Dave, hope I didn't leave too bad of an impression. Boomer pretty much nailed it though.

Bummer about the biker. Hearing that really saddens me.

WoWP loaded into the laptop, but I haven't tried it yet. I need to get a joystick first.

Sam, only bike that ever fit me comfortably was a KLR. I just try to make anything else work.
Hey Brett!

Man there is no doubt you guys are closer to being pro-partiers than I am, but i hope you forgive my lack of drinking harder... having worked both jobs that day, then being stuck there 2 hours after closing with a crazy woman I didn't even get to tell you about (but meant to) just drained me a bit. Not sure how many beers I drank before riding home, but yeah...

Actually, I had some crazed testosterone/alcohol-fueled idiots in a car behind me trying to run me down (right on my ass) from Atlantic and on to I-95 there. While homicidal, this is actually far more common behavior for down here than many from other areas would believe, and it's why i really don't enjoy riding at any time after most people have been drinking in south Florida. So coming up to that scene, with a killer-car I had by that time gained some distance away from, but who was passing the lines of cars funneling in to the accient scene, probably saved my ass from the same fate as that rider. I popped in to the traffic flow before it cut down to one lane, and the crazed driver couldn't follow. (Look, I don't kow how crazed they are, the truth is that most here in south Florida don't think much past their own face, so the repercussions of killing a biker isn't even on their radar when they're fucking with a guy on a bike).

I'd lay money on that dead biker being taken out by a car, even if he had been drinking. I-95 is a death highway if I've ever seen one, and I used to travel that highway for 400 miles a week. Never seen anything like the carnage on it, per mile, and am surprised it never makes the news for being so dangerous.

Edit: nope, I was wrong ( I guess) - this is what I saw:
DELRAY BEACH, Fl. - A Pompano Beach man died early this morning while riding his motorcycle on I-95.
The Florida Highway Patrol says that Kleber Peres was traveling southbound in the inside lane near Linton Blvd.
The FHP says that Peres attempted to change lanes in front of another vehicle traveling southbound in the left center lane.
Peres according to investigators lost control of his bike, was ejected and hit the other vehicle.
Peres was pronounced dead on the scene.
Viviane Alves who was riding with Peres suffered minor injuries and was taken to Delray Medical Center.
The driver of the car, Tsai Chen, was not injured according to FHP

Just another drunk biker headed back to Pompano Beach like me

their motorcycles
." --
RyanR

Mambo Dave screwed with this post 06-22-2013 at 01:18 PM
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:05 PM   #9070
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Posted on by Silentstalker34 Comments ↓
- Storm himself in’t happy with the 0.8.6 sounds. Some sounds will be reworked or moved back to the 0.8.5 version in 0.8.7 (namely the tank being hit and explosion sounds).
- the T-44 will have the sound of shifting gears and various engine RPM sound on various speed implemented, based on real life T-44 sounds
- apparently, the Russian weekend event with double XP/income for top players is VERY popular
- Wargaming’s statistical data on how many people played/play arty won’t be disclosed
- Type 59 won’t be rebalanced (like the Superpershing)
- the fact whether arty gains enough XP per battle in 0.8.6 will be known after 2 weeks or so (when first statistic results come in)
- Storm states that it is not true that the 0.8.6 brought reduced performance (FPS) for a lot of people. In fact, he says it’s the other way around, 0.8.6 increased FPS for a lot of people (SS: including me), if you have lower FPS in 0.8.6, Storm suggests to write a support ticket and ask there. Otherwise the complaints on FPS drops are normal after each patch.
- upcoming patches will bring new game features and optimalisations
- Pz38H (“Micromaus”) had its MM weight reduced
- general light tank rebalance is not planned
- it’s possible destructible sand hills (SS: not sure what exactly is meant here, but I don’t think it’s the terrain dunes, more like small sand terrain features) will be introduced, but not soon
- dynamic amount of complaints per day (SS: the more you play, the more times you can report someone in game) will not be introduced for now
Old 06-22-2013, 07:07 PM   #9071
timk519
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audaciter View Post
I'm starting to get the hang of the T28P. Finally earning decent money with it, and doing some damage.

The thing is a beast from the front. It is slow as hell. And you were absolutely right that when your team falls apart, you are screwed.

I did manage to chase down a VK30.01 on port today. Yes, you read that correctly. I chased him. He couldn't pen my frontal armor, and turned tail to run. I floored it and chased him through the city.
Love the 28P almost as much as I like the 28.

Properly placed, a 28P can be devastating.
Old 06-23-2013, 01:48 PM   #9072
OConnor OP
Bad juju

Oddometer: 3,396
Well I Rage-Sold the GC last night. I just couldn't take running that POS any longer, it was sucking my soul. It seems faster and is in fact more enjoyable just running up the Brit TD tree. Running a turret-less TD in pub matches is just more than I can stand when that TD is also a slow, thin-skinned, flat-faced, TP tracked shit-box.
2000 Suzuki SV650 track bike
1971 CB175 vintage racer inabox

OConnor screwed with this post 06-23-2013 at 01:55 PM
OConnor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 03:35 PM   #9073
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by OConnor View Post
Well I Rage-Sold the GC last night. I just couldn't take running that POS any longer, it was sucking my soul. It seems faster and is in fact more enjoyable just running up the Brit TD tree. Running a turret-less TD in pub matches is just more than I can stand when that TD is also a slow, thin-skinned, flat-faced, TP tracked shit-box.
What is a GC?
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 03:38 PM   #9074
Cat0020
El cheapo

Oddometer: 5,374
Churchill Gun Carrier?
Old 06-23-2013, 05:19 PM   #9075
OConnor OP
Bad juju

Oddometer: 3,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat0020 View Post
Churchill Gun Carrier?
Yup, the Churchill. Sorry Dave. If anyone is a glutton for punishment I would recommend you give it a whirl.
2000 Suzuki SV650 track bike
1971 CB175 vintage racer inabox
OConnor is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: