Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 73 votes, 4.84 average. Display Modes
Old 06-27-2013, 10:50 AM   #9211
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,088
Wolf Pack Weekend

Today Game Events Comments

Tankers!
Gather your best pack and take to the battlefield this weekend with discounts across a number of vehicles and triple experience for first victories of the day.
Wolf Pack Weekend Begins: June 28, 2013 at 04:30 PDT (07:30 EDT)
Wolf Pack Weekend Ends: July 1, 2013 at 04:00 PDT (07:00 EDT)

Wolf Pack Weekend Details

Experience for First Victory of the Day

50% Gold and Credit Discount for Crew Training/Retraining

10,000 Bonus for Earning Confederate Medal

Discount on Premium

• 3 Days for 350
  • 7 Days for 650
30% Discount and 30% Credit Income Bonus Per Battle for the Following Vehicles

VI Cromwell VI M4A3E2 Sherman Jumbo VI M4A3E8 Sherman VI T-34-85 VI Type 58 VI VK 36.01 (H) VI VK 30.01 (H) VI VK 30.01 (P) VI VK 30.01 (D) VII Comet VII KV-13 VII Pz.Kpfw. V Panther VII T20 VII T-34-1 VII T-43 VII VK 30.02 (D)
50% Gold Discount for the Following Premium Vehicles

VI Pz.Kpfw. IV Schmalturm VII Panther/M10
Keep in mind that selling vehicles purchased on discount will yield only 50% of the sale price as credits.
Big Bird 928 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:16 AM   #9212
Morgue
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 212
Well I guess I will be playing my Easy8 most of the weekend so I can afford the T28Proto in time to move crews around at half price.

I like 8.6; I feel more deadly AND more vulnerable. Played the M4 last night like a TD (NON DERP) and got my first top gun. However I am now being made aware of how poorly I position my tank, and how infrequently I stay in/near cover since everyone can shoot me easier from longer distances. Not even playing that long and I already have some really bad habits.

Morgue screwed with this post 06-27-2013 at 11:27 AM
Morgue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:26 AM   #9213
Theaty Hannington
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgue View Post
Well I guess I will be playing my Easy8 most of the weekend so I can afford the T28Proto in time to move crews around at half price.

I like 8.6; I feel more deadly AND more vulnerable. Played the M4 last night like a TD and got my first top gun. However I am now being made aware of how poorly I position my tank, and stay in/near cover since everyone can shoot me easier from longer distances. Not even playing that long and I already have some really bad habits.
I am always up for a couple hundred Easy 8 platoons. Even post-nerf that's still one of my favorites. You should get a tier 8 premium before the weekend so you can jump back and forth between the Easy 8 and that to make enough money to get your crew trained up in time.

I like 8.6 as well. And I agree with Chris that arty is better balanced now. I still have fun playing arty, but it's not as easy as it was. It still influences game play -- which I like -- but is less of a threat, it seems. That said, my biggest single shot with arty was 1996 damage off a Patton from my M43, and this was post 8.6.

Congrats on the first Top Gun! Which gun were you using? Derp or 76mm?

EDIT: You can, once you unlock the T28 Prototype, retrain your crew for it without buying it this weekend, then save up the silver to buy it at a later date, with a crew already ready for half price.

"Everyone who isn't playing your tank in that round knows how to play it better." - Morgue

Theaty Hannington screwed with this post 06-27-2013 at 11:31 AM
Theaty Hannington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:31 AM   #9214
Ebein
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 247
Damn i wanted a camo / equipment sale
Ebein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:37 AM   #9215
Ebein
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 247
Quote:

I like 8.6; I feel more deadly AND more vulnerable. Played the M4 last night like a TD (NON DERP) and got my first top gun. However I am now being made aware of how poorly I position my tank, and how infrequently I stay in/near cover since everyone can shoot me easier from longer distances. Not even playing that long and I already have some really bad habits.
I had bad habits for my first 5k matches(and still do sometimes LOL), its hard to drag your stats up from <500 effeciency. Dont feel bad your learning far faster than most of us did.
Ebein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:53 AM   #9216
Morgue
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theaty Hannington View Post
I am always up for a couple hundred Easy 8 platoons. Even post-nerf that's still one of my favorites. You should get a tier 8 premium before the weekend so you can jump back and forth between the Easy 8 and that to make enough money to get your crew trained up in time.

Congrats on the first Top Gun! Which gun were you using? Derp or 76mm?

EDIT: You can, once you unlock the T28 Prototype, retrain your crew for it without buying it this weekend, then save up the silver to buy it at a later date, with a crew already ready for half price.
Didn't realize it just had to be unlocked; not purchased. That is good news.

Used the 76mm as I am not a huge fan of the Derp (giving or recieving ).

Tier 8 premium would be amazing to have, and with the recent codes I got I could buy 1. However I don't know which to buy. Made myself wait until I least earned an 8. Ideally a US TD would be a no brainer, but well how long have you all been waiting for that?

Doing the German TD line(s) and the US Heavy. Both of those have great Premiums at that tier. So dang tempting, and I am leaning towards the JagTiger currently.
Old 06-27-2013, 12:03 PM   #9217
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Didn't realize it just had to be unlocked; not purchased. That is good news.

Used the 76mm as I am not a huge fan of the Derp (giving or recieving ).

Tier 8 premium would be amazing to have, and with the recent codes I got I could buy 1. However I don't know which to buy. Made myself wait until I least earned an 8. Ideally a US TD would be a no brainer, but well how long have you all been waiting for that?

Doing the German TD line(s) and the US Heavy. Both of those have great Premiums at that tier. So dang tempting, and I am leaning towards the JagTiger currently.

I have the T34 and the Jag 8.8, I like the t34 better, but then again I am still learning the 8.8 and my win rate shows it. <40%
Old 06-27-2013, 12:06 PM   #9218
janeuner
Get Some

Oddometer: 987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird 928 View Post
Wolf Pack Weekend
30% Discount and 30% Credit Income Bonus Per Battle for the Following Vehicles

VII Comet

I'll be playing tiers 5 through 7 exclusively tonight.
Old 06-27-2013, 12:07 PM   #9219
Theaty Hannington
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 940
Quote:
Ideally a US TD would be a no brainer, but well how long have you all been waiting for that?
Since Monday, 18 April 2011 at 8:53 PM.

The T34 is a blast and brilliant -- best premium gun in the game -- but without a crew it was painful. Really bad. Doesn't turn, reloads every seven million seconds, slow enough to not get in defilade in time, et cetera. I've got one with a great crew from my T29 and man oh man is it amazing. My next was going to be the 8.8, but jeez that Lowe is tearing it up post-patch. They made a second-line sniper tank more sniper-rific. I want one of them too, now.

"Everyone who isn't playing your tank in that round knows how to play it better." - Morgue
Theaty Hannington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:08 PM   #9220
Morgue
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird 928 View Post
I have the T34 and the Jag 8.8, I like the t34 better, but then again I am still learning the 8.8 and my win rate shows it. <40%
Regarding the 8.8:
In terms of play-style how would you compare it to something like the T25AT?
Old 06-27-2013, 12:08 PM   #9221
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeuner View Post

I'll be playing tiers 5 through 7 exclusively tonight.
Have fun with that, but the special doesn't start until tomorrow morning......
Old 06-27-2013, 12:12 PM   #9222
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,031
Quote:
Regarding the 8.8:
Having observed the 8.8 without playing it, the 8.8 is bigger (thus easier to spot), slower, doesn't hit as hard as a fully upgraded 25AT and has ungodly armor for it's tier.
Old 06-27-2013, 12:15 PM   #9223
janeuner
Get Some

Oddometer: 987
Quote:
Regarding the 8.8:
Poor comparison. The T25AT is to the SU-122-44 as the 8.8 is to the T28.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
Have fun with that, but the special doesn't start until tomorrow morning......
I'll be grinding credits with the AT-15A and crew experience with the Matilda BP. Anyone who can put up with those tanks, join me on TS later tonight. If not, get out.

I'm considering a TOG II* - I think I'm losing it...
Old 06-27-2013, 12:27 PM   #9224
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeuner View Post
Poor comparison. The T25AT is to the SU-122-44 as the 8.8 is to the T28.

I'll be grinding credits with the AT-15A and crew experience with the Matilda BP. Anyone who can put up with those tanks, join me on TS later tonight. If not, get out.

I'm considering a TOG II* - I think I'm losing it...
I'd be in, but I will be at work...

About the Jag 8.8, it is brilliant as a sniper when you can keep them infront of you, and ofcourse keep them from turning your lower glacias into swiss cheese. it's gun I think is comparable to the T 25/2's with more pen, but it's armor is a t-28 when hull down.
Old 06-27-2013, 12:43 PM   #9225
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Posted on by Silentstalker 34 Comments ↓
- MM being bad (one team has heavies, the other arties of the same tier instead)? How terrible
- Q: What are the specifics of the Chinese server? A: The Chinese players are less envious
- second French artillery branch is currently not planned
- after 0.8.6, the amount of battles played on arty vehicles dropped several times, many players sold their arties, so far, according to SerB the impact on arty is as planned
- high tier profitability was introduced, because there was a certain disbalance between calculated predictions and real vehicle profit
- SerB states the new reward tanks are balanced correctly, despite the fact they will be issued to very good (clanwars) players, which kinda distorts the statistics
- Sturmgeschtz E-75 (based on Spielbergers Special Panzer Variants) will not be implemented into the game, because there is no info on it (SS: in the aforementioned book, Spielberger vaguely mentions that there was a plan to make a StuG project, based on the E-75 chassis but nothing more, no details, sketches, nothing)
- while the module tier is just an arbitrary number, vehicle tier is not arbitrary, because its used when balancing the vehicles of the same tier (while modules of the same tier dont get balanced to each other)
- Japanese tree: when its done its done
- SerB on why the clay fences are not penetrable: Imagine it like this: when the shell hits the fence, it will begin to turn over. (SS: as in, turn upside down, effectively negating any penetration ability), it will be changed in the future (fences will be penetreable), but even in the future shooting thru obstacles will make the shells lose penetration, so SerB suggests using terrain to your advantage
- T58 is overpowered even for tier 10, there will be no premium tier 9 and 10′s
- Object 140 is completely possible (SS: I have a feeling this will be the new Soviet branch tier 9 tank, its a Kharkov experimental tank, designed at the same as Object 430, to which it was somewhat inferior) this is how it looks:

- SerB doesnt want to create WG fake tanks apparently, even though he admits that the E50M is mostly a Wargaming invention, based on real life designs and solutions
- the lighting on the new Sacred Valley map doesnt seem unnatural, according to SerB, the map was made according to photographic references there is no such area in real life, but the architecture and elements are real
- RU server having events rewarding medals, obtained for killing arty while in fact there is nowhere near the amount of arty to get them is not trolling, according to SerB: Sometimes the cigar is just a cigar (SS: original SerB quote says banana, which in turn is according to google, the Russian version of the famous Freud quote, so I used the original)
- SerB states that the current increased amount of tank destroyers is fine, as both teams are balanced
- apparently (if I understand this correctly), Object 430U wont be implemented for now (SS: will doublecheck)
- Object 770 will not be implemented, as it would be balanced around tier 11-12 (SS: an experimental heavy tank from late 50′s, equipped with a modern 130mm M-65 gun, penetrating 280mm at 1000m), this is how it looks:

- Soviets wont get 3 heavy branches anytime soon
- the fact objects and vehicles have glass parts, that arent transparent is not engine technical limit, its simply saving the client computer resources from calculating pointless crap
- open topped vehicles wont recieve a bonus for improved ventilation, this bonus is already included in their base stats
- tier 11 and higher vehicles wont be implemented
- SerB states that while it was necessery to implement the IS-7 into the game, the game can very well do without the T58
- gold shell hardcap per battle is not planned
- SerB on War Thunder garage battles: Specifically in War Thunder, in our opinion, the garage battles were unsuccessful (including the pay to win elements) its one of the serious project flaws
- Intuition perk can kick in during the autoloader drum reload
- the possibility for a tank to push itself away when rotating the hull against an obstacle will not return
- no plans to implement a give yourself up option into the game
- although all the guns try to immitate their real life performance when it comes to penetration, for many of them WG simply didnt have data available
- Storm states that putting more types of shells into one autoloader batch is not needed
- its possible premium T8 tank with 200+ penetration will appear until the end of the year
- in 0.8.6 the possibility of AMX ELC to rotate its hull with mouse (like on TDs) was returned, its not clear whether this is final
- the probability of crewmembers getting killed is the same on all types of tech (SS: as in, no types of tech have special saving throws or tougher crews)
- for now, the fire extinguisher mechanism wont be changed
- Scout Panther is doing fine on tier 7
-

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: