Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 399 votes, 4.97 average. Display Modes
Old 05-04-2012, 06:03 AM   #991
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flood View Post
0.7.3 went live on the Russian servers. Expected to hit EU and NA servers early next week.
Nice, I'm ready for a couple of free slots/tanks....
Old 05-04-2012, 07:06 AM   #992
UngaWunga
Mosquito bait

Oddometer: 7,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
Nice, I'm ready for a couple of free slots/tanks....
so from what I've read, both the KV3 and KV = free slots? If you have both, two free slots?

I've researched the IS from the KV3, and want to dump it when the free slots come up. Unless there's something interesting to get from the KV3 after the bump up in tiers for it that isn't 70K xp points away...

I get annoyed when my PzIV doesn't get 4 or more kills in a match. But I've not been playing much. Waiting for the 7.3 update.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:22 AM   #993
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

KV splits to KV-1 (Tier 5) and KV-2 (Tier 6). As long as you have the tall turret researched and the KV in the garage, you will get the KV-2 and a slot for free. KV-3 goes to Tier 7 and is replaced by T-150 at Tier 6. If you have a KV-3 in the garage, you will receive the T-150 and a slot for free.

T-150 will lead to the IS line, topping out with the IS-7. KV-3 will lead to KV-4, ST-I and IS-4.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:33 AM   #994
UngaWunga
Mosquito bait

Oddometer: 7,007
KV3 will make an awful tier 7 tank, unless they tweak it. But I like free stuff, so, cool.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:51 AM   #995
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

It does get some tweaks....if I think about it, I'll log into the test server tonight and grab screen shots of the research trees.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:03 AM   #996
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 12,793
My son has a KV with the tall turret.

We play each others tanks for S&G, makes it more fun that way. He's going Russian and US heavy route.

We both found that if we take the game a smidge less seriously, it's WAYYYYYY for fun.
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 04:07 AM   #997
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

New Russian tank tree.....

T-150

KV-3

Edit: I should also add that the KV-3 gets a buff to 1300 hit points equipped as shown above.

MN_Smurf screwed with this post 05-05-2012 at 05:09 AM
MN_Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 02:12 PM   #998
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,853
Quote:
New Russian tank tree.....

KV-3

Edit: I should also add that the KV-3 gets a buff to 1300 hit points equipped as shown above.
Thank you!

If the XP really does transfer over, I should be able to research the KV-4 immediately if it remains 53k XP... I have that much saved up on my KV-3.

Let me tell ya... I always considered the KV-3 and the Tiger (regular, not P) to be equal... I beat a ton of Tigers with my KV-3, and similarly was pretty useless too many times when playing a Tiger... If the armor tendencies remain the same in addition to the armor HP buff... it just won't be a fair match at Tier 7 at all.
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR

Mambo Dave screwed with this post 05-05-2012 at 06:12 PM
Mambo Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 02:45 PM   #999
SteelJM1
Undercover KTM rider

Oddometer: 1,530
This game is starting to get a bit silly with the types of cannon that can be put on these tanks... just sayin..
SteelJM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:13 PM   #1000
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelJM1 View Post
This game is starting to get a bit silly with the types of cannon that can be put on these tanks... just sayin..
They threw the "Tank battle simulator" aspect out pretty early if it even ever existed.
They went for gameplay and I'm glad they did. The extra options makes it more interesting IMO. I like tanks, but I'm no purist. I want a fun tank game where I can drive around and blow shit up. Exactly what WOT is.
I have a friend that won't play WOT anymore because it isn't accurate enough for him. He knows weay too many real tank specs and the tweaks thay made for gameplay drive him nuts.

Fun fact: You can change one of the files and have any gun on any tank(display only). The gun still performs like what you have mounted, It just looks different to you. I saw screenshots of some of those giant tier 10 guns on light tanks. pretty funny
SkidMarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:44 AM   #1001
SteelJM1
Undercover KTM rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkidMarx View Post
They threw the "Tank battle simulator" aspect out pretty early if it even ever existed.
They went for gameplay and I'm glad they did. The extra options makes it more interesting IMO. I like tanks, but I'm no purist. I want a fun tank game where I can drive around and blow shit up. Exactly what WOT is.
I have a friend that won't play WOT anymore because it isn't accurate enough for him. He knows weay too many real tank specs and the tweaks thay made for gameplay drive him nuts.

Fun fact: You can change one of the files and have any gun on any tank(display only). The gun still performs like what you have mounted, It just looks different to you. I saw screenshots of some of those giant tier 10 guns on light tanks. pretty funny
Good point. It just will become a never ending race.. which i suppose is the point to keep people interested.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:26 PM   #1002
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelJM1 View Post
Good point. It just will become a never ending race.. which i suppose is the point to keep people interested.
It could be a never ending race, but they'd have to throw in modern technology or it would be downright silly to have M1A1's, Leopards and Type 99's fighting each other with traditional WWII optics and aiming systems.

I'm thinking that World of Airplanes and World of Warships will come out before then...
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Mambo Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:16 AM   #1003
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Looks like it's probably gonna be a case of the stupids all week....5x xp from now 'til Friday morning, plus a bunch of other specials in honor of VE day. This will make it a little easier to get my 25/2 upgraded.
Old 05-07-2012, 07:34 AM   #1004
SteelJM1
Undercover KTM rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
It could be a never ending race, but they'd have to throw in modern technology or it would be downright silly to have M1A1's, Leopards and Type 99's fighting each other with traditional WWII optics and aiming systems.

I'm thinking that World of Airplanes and World of Warships will come out before then...
World of Infantry? Then it would truly become World of War..carft. heh. It'd be nice to have to look out for a little bastard shooting a bazooka at you...
Old 05-07-2012, 08:12 AM   #1005
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 12,793
Quote:
Looks like it's probably gonna be a case of the stupids all week....5x xp from now 'til Friday morning, plus a bunch of other specials in honor of VE day. This will make it a little easier to get my 25/2 upgraded.
Uh oh. I was very happy not to play the M41 as we haven't bonded. Now the M12 is going to be 1/2 price this week?

Played the T20 and had a couple good battles last night. I killed an obj 704 and IS4 in the town of Ensk.

I've been playing the Churchill a bit for the last few weeks. It's more fun than it has a right be.
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: