Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 387 votes, 4.97 average. Display Modes
Old 05-18-2012, 07:15 AM   #1096
UngaWunga
Mosquito bait

Oddometer: 6,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPGT72 View Post
Arty is what is getting me....I bet 9 out of 10 deaths is by arty. I would bet if there was a box to check that would take arty out of the game 99% of the people would take it.

That and the stupid red screen is really ticking me off.

I like arty. It keeps you on your toes. Plus if you can find them, they blow up quickly.

I've gone back to the M10, to get a Hellcat. Sold the KV-2 and the t150. Big slow tanks that were easy targets with slow reloads. I'm liking the IS and KV-3. The bigger engine for the KV3 turned it into a slightly slower, more armored IS. Gotta take out two tanks in order to not lose money, though. Ammo is expensive with the biggest gun.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:22 AM   #1097
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 12,730
Quote:
Originally Posted by UngaWunga View Post
I like arty. It keeps you on your toes. Plus if you can find them, they blow up quickly.
Had 2 matches last night where either a scout or one of the final 3 were searching me out in the priest. One was a T-50-2 (don't drive straight to your target!) and the other a T 34 with about 50% left.

I was playing my sons account in the KV2 with the 152. Wow, and I thought my M12 loaded slow!
papalobster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 01:41 PM   #1098
OConnor OP
Bad juju

Oddometer: 3,402
Quote:
Arty is what is getting me....I bet 9 out of 10 deaths is by arty. I would bet if there was a box to check that would take arty out of the game 99% of the people would take it.

That and the stupid red screen is really ticking me off.
I'm around 80%. About the only games I last til the end are those few without arty. T-34 gets one-shotted by arty all the time, it's ridiculous and the higher tier guys are GOOD.
2000 Suzuki SV650 track bike
1971 CB175 vintage racer inabox
OConnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 02:45 PM   #1099
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by OConnor View Post
I'm around 80%. About the only games I last til the end are those few without arty. T-34 gets one-shotted by arty all the time, it's ridiculous and the higher tier guys are GOOD.
Not sure if it is good or just that easy. I actually bought a Whespe and got two 4days kill games back to back...sold it
as it was a bore...i wikk go back and keep saying arty needs its teeth pulled
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 02:56 PM   #1100
theMISSIONARY
hunting and riding!!

Oddometer: 2,090
I must be a sad sorry individual ........i have 67 tanks and i have even sold some all this talk of selling is making me sad

WR250r of Awesomeness.......now with extra added Awesomeness!
theMISSIONARY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 03:07 PM   #1101
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by theMISSIONARY View Post
I must be a sad sorry individual ........i have 67 tanks and i have even sold some all this talk of selling is making me sad
I'm way to ocd to have that many tanks. I HAVE to get my 2x on every tank every day i play.
SkidMarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 03:32 PM   #1102
theMISSIONARY
hunting and riding!!

Oddometer: 2,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkidMarx View Post
I'm way to ocd to have that many tanks. I HAVE to get my 2x on every tank every day i play.

yeah i tried to get them all done when it was 5x but omg i could not afford the convertible EXP or be bothered with the crew trailing to do them all it would take all day and i would get bored with the game

WR250r of Awesomeness.......now with extra added Awesomeness!
theMISSIONARY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 08:57 PM   #1103
OConnor OP
Bad juju

Oddometer: 3,402
TK'd a team mate tonight.
Him in a PZIII. Me in the 13-75...
Evidently when I didn't get out of his way at the start he took that as an insult and rammed me. I sat there and merely turned my turret on him then away in a dismissive (ok and somewhat childish) gesture that seemed to add to his irritation. He ground down my side then circled me once and put a shell into my side doing damage.
Yes, I could probably have just let it go but I was by then annoyed and lit him up with the repeater. He got one more shot off (and missed) before he died then started screaming for my blood. My name is blue with the big "-1" so it's hard to miss me and I took a couple shots before I calmed everyone down.
WWYD?
2000 Suzuki SV650 track bike
1971 CB175 vintage racer inabox
OConnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 09:09 PM   #1104
Cat0020
El cheapo

Oddometer: 5,377
I havn't figure out how to report an ally player when they intentionally fire at me for no reason.

It happened twice this weekend, I took friendly fire at the start of the battle befor enemies were even spotted.

I moved on and just put their name on ignore list; hunt them down the next time I see them.
Old 05-20-2012, 11:26 PM   #1105
Czechsix
Slower than you....

Oddometer: 293
It happens, I was in the t28 last night, lining up on a Lowe, when a Panther II driver ran right through the line of fire as I was hitting the trigger. 120mm of goodness right into his flank, and he wasn't happy about it. Didn't kill him, but I sure knocked a few points off him LOL.

I'm really glad that they enabled ignore. Real glad.

The funny thing that strikes me is that of all the folks I've got on ignore, I never see them play. The folks that I have as friendlies - those I see fairly often, playing. I'm thinking that the whiners, cryers, etc....nothing more than casual players that have already moved off to Diablo or something. No loss.
Neduro to Dakar 2012
TEAM F5 2012 WHAT A GREAT RIDE!
Czechsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:52 AM   #1106
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,720
What would I do?

Allow me to give you a scenario from yesterday. I'm in my expensive-to-play and not-all-that-great IS-8 trying to make some XP ... just trying to get one win for the DD. Game after game, especially after some really amazing luck or moves, it came down to two or four tanks left on either team, game after game I earned a loss due to one or two heavies that were AFK. Finally fed up, I decided to skip playing the next game, and instead sit back to shoot any and every AFK player from the start.

Of course the whole team moved in short order... so that was time wasted.

But I have no problem with a team kill once in a while. Today it had been just too long since my last TK, and the players just weren't playing... so I was ready to - but never had another reason to.

Sometimes it seems the worst offenders - the guys who need to die - are in the smallest fastest tanks. I've seen small fast teammates harass and/or block teammates far more often than I've seen heavier tanks do it. Sometimes they're just totally unskilled and blocking accidentally, most times it is apparent they are intentionally screwing with the team's advance. Either way, best to just one-shot them and move on despite their whines.
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 04:49 AM   #1107
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat0020 View Post
I havn't figure out how to report an ally player when they intentionally fire at me for no reason.

It happened twice this weekend, I took friendly fire at the start of the battle befor enemies were even spotted.

I moved on and just put their name on ignore list; hunt them down the next time I see them.
Just to make sure you can kill blue guys with no points ding?

One game we had some crazy running around shooting a bunch of people, never me....finally with everyone screaming I took him out.....no one would answer if I would loose points and the stupid game crashed after that battle so I don't know if I lost points for killing a team mate.
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:10 AM   #1108
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,720
Quote:
Just to make sure you can kill blue guys with no points ding?

One game we had some crazy running around shooting a bunch of people, never me....finally with everyone screaming I took him out.....no one would answer if I would loose points and the stupid game crashed after that battle so I don't know if I lost points for killing a team mate.
No, you lose no points for taking out a blue.

But... be careful. If the person who is screaming to kill him is the guy who died, and you didn't witness why it happened, the loss of a second teammate (i.e. the blue guy) can be detrimental to your team winning just for the sake of shooting a blue guy who may have helped the team by getting rid of a trouble-maker.

I've won more game with blue guys who we let live than with a team who killed a blue guy. Actually, letting them live seems pretty common.

I've only ever been blue three times - twice was accidental, once was an intentional take-out, and I swear I've killed or shot at a few teammates before and never turned blue at all.
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:23 AM   #1109
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 12,730
This ignore thing, does it just block thier chat or does it keep them from teaming up with you? There's a coupla asshats I see from time to time and I'd really rather not be teamed up with them again.

How does one ignore another?

Friends? I must spend too much time just blowng stuff up.

I tried typing messages, but I can't do it while I'm playing.
papalobster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:28 AM   #1110
UngaWunga
Mosquito bait

Oddometer: 6,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
I've only ever been blue three times - twice was accidental, once was an intentional take-out, and I swear I've killed or shot at a few teammates before and never turned blue at all.
Same here. Players that grind down my tank and block me on purpose get shot in the motor. I then explain to the team what happened. Never been shot by my team for it. Great fun when you start the game with track damage.

I've started playing german artillery. Got 7 kills on mountain pass with the Wespe. Tempted to get the Grille, but the lower tier games are fun. Re-learning that it really sucks when the team doesn't protect the artillery. When I get killed, the team tends to lose.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: