Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,645
Had a good one in the 25/2
SkidMarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 06:49 AM   #1142
Sumo64c
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 496
Ok, so 77 pages and I just caught a WOT commercial on the military channel. I'm a avid military history buff so playing this game will probably just piss me off....but anyways is there a ADV guild/unit for a newbie to try this game out ?
Sumo64c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 06:59 AM   #1143
Cat0020
El cheapo

Oddometer: 5,354
Got a 30-day premium account code for $6, anyone want to tank company up when they get on WoT, let me know.. here or when you see me on WoT.
Old 05-26-2012, 07:10 AM   #1144
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumo64c View Post
Ok, so 77 pages and I just caught a WOT commercial on the military channel. I'm a avid military history buff so playing this game will probably just piss me off....but anyways is there a ADV guild/unit for a newbie to try this game out ?
First post has a list of adv players. No ADV clan. It costs real money to get one started.
One of us usually has an adv channel open in WOT if it asks for a password it's fyyff.

I have a friend that doesn't play because the game isn't accurate enough.

For the history buff, some things to keep in mind.
- If someone somewhere even thought really hard about a tank, or tank/gun combo and wrote it down with enough specs, it's fair game for an in game tank.

- Tanks are adjusted for play-ability and balance. It they kept every tank at original specs, the game would suck. Everyone would end up in the same 1 or 2 tanks.

For the n00b..
-The match maker sucks sometimes. Some days are better than others. Get used to it.
-Read this http://wiki.worldoftanks.eu/Battle_Mechanics.

-sometimes it's fun to just run around blowing shit up.
Old 05-26-2012, 08:06 AM   #1145
Cat0020
El cheapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkidMarx View Post

-sometimes it's fun to just run around blowing shit up.
There was a competition to see who can hit the most cars in Himmelsdorf while traveling at full speed in your tank.

I tried it once, ran out of ammo, never realize how many cars are in that map.
Old 05-26-2012, 09:10 AM   #1146
OConnor OP
Bad juju

Oddometer: 3,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat0020 View Post
Got a 30-day premium account code for $6, anyone want to tank company up when they get on WoT, let me know.. here or when you see me on WoT.
If you get frustrated easily run away now! There is plenty in this game to get you worked up if you let it, between: Stupid players/teams, really good/lucky opposing players, Almighty SPG's and a Match-Maker that seems to delight in throwing your team up against ridiculous packs of (insert GOD tank here) you'll end up with an aneurism if you can't laugh it off. It's a great time waster.
2000 Suzuki SV650 track bike
1971 CB175 vintage racer inabox
OConnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 01:24 PM   #1147
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by OConnor View Post
If you get frustrated easily run away now! There is plenty in this game to get you worked up if you let it, between: Stupid players/teams, really good/lucky opposing players, Almighty SPG's and a Match-Maker that seems to delight in throwing your team up against ridiculous packs of (insert GOD tank here) you'll end up with an aneurism if you can't laugh it off. It's a great time waster.

+1

Totally agree.

In many things I'm easy going, but with PvP games I'm competitive as hell. Now with clans of people who you choose, and who choose you, like in Eve Online, this works out because wins and losses are easy to understand, and I win more than I lose.

The problem with WoT is the public battles I, and many of us, continue to play. With a clan of people who you trust and who are personally skilled I guess the game could really be good - but those are so few and far between in a "free" game that other than seeing a group of two or three of them on an opposing team, I never really come into contact with them. I have never been able to platoon with more than one other good player at a time.

Anyway, my suggestion that I can't follow is this - screw the stats, use the game as a way to relax or waste time, and only play when drinking alcohol. As a free game it would be very valuable in that role, but I just can't bring myself to do it yet. Maybe I'll start up a free third account and use it like that?
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 04:42 PM   #1148
Hodag
native

Oddometer: 22,787
its a game
and its fun to pretend to drive a tiger or 1-shot derp a tank in the kv-2
Hodag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 06:17 PM   #1149
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
...only play when drinking alcohol.
That's my secret.
Old 05-27-2012, 02:47 AM   #1150
Cat0020
El cheapo

Called out orders in 3 tank company battles, first 2 battle had afk tanks on my team, arty without comm, loss was pretty bad.

3rd battle received a near shutout victory on the Dragon Ridge map, effectively used all but one team member who had a hard time understanding NSEW (North, South, East, West) on map, since our team started on top of map. Very satisfying.
Old 05-27-2012, 06:18 PM   #1151
OConnor OP
Bad juju

Oddometer: 3,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat0020 View Post
effectively used all but one team member who had a hard time understanding NSEW (North, South, East, West) on map, since our team started on top of map. Very satisfying.
It's worse when guys are calling out left or right and I can't tell if they mean our left of map left. NSEW works much better.
2000 Suzuki SV650 track bike
1971 CB175 vintage racer inabox
OConnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:49 PM   #1152
tattewell
Mad Poser

Oddometer: 749
Thats what Ctrl + click mini map is for...
tattewell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:32 AM   #1153
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumo64c View Post
I would say give it a try...it is free after all, but I am going to say unless you can unplug that historic part of your brain you are going to scream after you put 3 88 shells into the side of a sherman and it just drives away, the total dead on balls kills of the arty, and the great matches you get tossed into...like that sherman fighting against a group of Tiger II and JS3 tanks.

I am a pretty loud bitcher....but I still play....eh what the hell else am I going to do, Wrecked my neck again, nerve problems, eating oxy and muscle relaxers....but yes even in a drug induced haze I still get pissed....but I have seen my win ratio go through the floor with the pills.....well at least that is my story and I am sticking to it
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:24 AM   #1154
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,172
So how was everybody's weekend?? I had a pretty good one going until last night......on battle on Abbey where our KV-5 was either a noob with a fat wallet or some kid playing with daddy's tanks. He didn't even know the map and camped base the entire time, but it wasn't all bad, he did get one kill and our speed rush won it. Then I had a run on Lakeville where I and a couple of others warned everybody not to try the valley rush. You don't have to have much imagination to visualize where half the team went (and died)......
Old 05-29-2012, 09:11 AM   #1155
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 12,670
I was camping in the middle of nowhere WI most of the weekend. Not even cell service. I played last night for a bit.

Got the good gun for the M26, and the big gun for the M12. I charged a 13/90 with my E8 in Himmlesdorf. Musta scared the little guy cuz he didn't know whether to shit or go blind as I was pumping shells into him running straight for him

Got booted from the server going into dragons ridge in the M12. Figured I'd get back in to be a smoking wreck. Instead, I got to pump even larger shells into a Maus He was camped shooting at people....so I was shooting at him.

Played on my sons account after he got the SU26 in Live Oaks. It came down to me with 4 kills and a Grille with 0 performing the worlds slowst race to cap. He beat me.
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: