User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 539 votes, 4.98 average. Display Modes
Old 06-08-2012, 06:07 PM   #1261
Cat0020
El cheapo

Oddometer: 5,497
I don't know if the flight controls are compatibl with joystick.. the keyboard mouse flight controls are simlar to WoT, but 3D motion just seems too sensitive with the mouse... somewhat difficult to manage for me.. it could be that I just need to play more.
I've only play flight sims such as X-wing vs TIE fighter, had a joystick with throttle control and such.. I'd imagine that would make things easier on WoW.
Old 06-08-2012, 07:17 PM   #1262
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,881
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat0020 View Post
I don't know if the flight controls are compatibl with joystick.. the keyboard mouse flight controls are simlar to WoT, but 3D motion just seems too sensitive with the mouse... somewhat difficult to manage for me.. it could be that I just need to play more.
I've only play flight sims such as X-wing vs TIE fighter, had a joystick with throttle control and such.. I'd imagine that would make things easier on WoW.
They work fine. I got into the Alpha, and I've been using an old Cyborg 3D once I dug up some drivers that would work with Vista.
I only played a couple of times in the Beta so far.
It was still only alpha testers so there weren't may people playing. It took forever to build 2 teams. Should be much better with more players
I need to make a point of playing at least once a week.

Can't say much about it due to the NDA.
SkidMarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:23 PM   #1263
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer

Cat0020,
FYI, I joined the 155th.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:00 PM   #1264
Rafiki
Some Dude

Oddometer: 1,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkidMarx View Post
They work fine. I got into the Alpha, and I've been using an old Cyborg 3D once I dug up some drivers that would work with Vista.
I only played a couple of times in the Beta so far.
It was still only alpha testers so there weren't may people playing. It took forever to build 2 teams. Should be much better with more players
I need to make a point of playing at least once a week.

Can't say much about it due to the NDA.
yeah the joystick controls work ok,i'm better with the mouse and keyboard though...dunno if its me or the old ass joystick i got,lol.

i've played a few rounds........WOWP will run very similar to WOT as far as computer horsepower goes,

"Monkey killing Monkey over pieces of ground.
Silly monkeys give them thumbs.
They make a club, And beat their brother down."
Rafiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:02 PM   #1265
timk519
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,571
Quote:
I pulled the trigger on the T-50 last night. Only ran it twice, but I really like it so far. I ran it like I run my M7 when I'm top tier. Difference is, I can run it like that all the time. I had enough free exp to get the Susp, and 37 mm Automatic. Now I just need the big engine. I put the Vent class,Camo Net and rammer on it.

I think I'll swap out the camo net for the Torsion Bars. I didn't realize they gave +30% suspension HP. Getting tracked in that thing is a death warrant.

I didn't have the gold for the 100% crew, but hopefully, I can get them close this weekend.
For my t-50 I got the cyclone filter, camo, and ventilation. The filter pretty well solves the problem of engine stalls from near-hits, and I'm thinking it would be smarter to replace the camo with a toolbox so it repairs faster when it gets tracked.

Remember - the power of a scout is in finding and spotting things, not shooting them, so special gun upgrades aren't as helpful as other mods are.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:15 PM   #1266
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,184
Quote:
Cat0020,
FYI, I joined the 155th.
So that's YOU who keeps inviting me - thanks Skid, but I swear that with this new group I'm platooned as soon as I log in each morning. Sorry to keep having to decline your invitations.

My group, CDG, is joining teams with TAC, so there are people from around the world on when I sign in each morning (regularly platooning with teammates from Norway, Australia, and other places who are in one of the two clans).
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:31 PM   #1267
Cat0020
El cheapo

I joined 155th to have fun.. at least that's what I was told by the commander of 155th.

Clan members regularly hold tank company battles in the evenings.

Traininig room battles wowuld have demo derby, T-50s scramble, arty-fest, etc.. you have to play it to get a feel how much fun they could be.

Myself and a handful of 155th clan members platoon together with our Type 59s, Lorraine.. get good chance of battle wins when we work together.
With the Type59, I've been able to save up credits (+6 mil.) and (82k) exp to be converted later when the clan wars start again and maybe win some province to allow gold distribution. Once you find the few that you can play well together, it's just more efficient to grind to higer tier tanks. I'm just saving up to get the Bat Chat 155 arty when v7.4 goes live.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:32 PM   #1268
Hodag
native

Oddometer: 22,792
sorry cat i haven't joined the platoon battles

i'm not sure how those work
Hodag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:12 PM   #1269
Cat0020
El cheapo

No problem, it's pretty new to me until couple of weeks ago, too..

3 players can platoon in one radom battle.. more effective with comm. (mic & headphone) between the 3 in a platoon.
Coordinate flanking efforts with fast moving tanks moving together or 2 arties following the movement of single scout, effectively take out enemy arties as soon as they are spotted... those platoon stradigy can tip the balance of a battle significantly when coordinated properly.. or fortunately.

So far, I'm fortunate to have found players that I am be to coordinate well with, learn how each player's strength and help each other out when in need... that's what platoon is about... seem to make the tough losses more bearable... but make the wins that much more rewarding.
Old 06-09-2012, 12:15 AM   #1270
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
So that's YOU who keeps inviting me - thanks Skid, but I swear that with this new group I'm platooned as soon as I log in each morning. Sorry to keep having to decline your invitations.

My group, CDG, is joining teams with TAC, so there are people from around the world on when I sign in each morning (regularly platooning with teammates from Norway, Australia, and other places who are in one of the two clans).
Wasn't me. I have't sent out any invites in weeks.
Up until the clan thing today, I only platooned with whoever was on the adv channel.

On an unrelated note, I got my Patton
Old 06-09-2012, 12:38 AM   #1271
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,184
Quote:
Wasn't me. I have't sent out any invites in weeks.
Oh, sorry - I was reading that one post as if you said you were now "Cat0200" ... he keeps inviting me when I'm already engaged, and I feel bad about it.

Maybe I'll have to join the 155th then. My group now is active - but ... "effective" is another story sometimes. At this point I am strongly looking for a few guys (or gals) that I feel are effective. Rushing forward with a non-turreted TD, and being the forward-most teammate with it, or not rushing or using one's speed at all with a Type 59... that's what i had to deal with in my clans the last two days.

Meanwhile, out of the blue some 57% win player invited my other account, and a 60% ratio player, to platoon up yesterday. Man, it is a whole different scene to work with guys that are strong at the game.

As an aside, I used to play Eve Online, and was one of the players ranked as pretty good (something like number 600 - that's out of, what, 55,000 players or more?) at PvP (player vs. player warfare). I fought against and alongside a ton of different people, some again very good. But there was one guy who I teamed with for a few weeks - before he had to leave the game to leave on an assignment in real life - who blew the others, and myself, out of the water. This guy was so bright, so innovative, and so ingenious at killing in that complex game that it made me wonder just what the hell the rest of us were even doing playing it.

I know guys like that play WoT, just have to find them. problem is, they won't group with my main account because I screwed up so badly on it early on. But apparently they will consider platooning up with my other account since it's stats are OK. ... but I don't even have a tier 8 on that account.
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:19 AM   #1272
Cat0020
El cheapo

Got my first kill in WoW, shot down a twin-engine German tier 2 in my tier 2 Russian I-15, getting a hang of the flight control better... or just got lucky.
Old 06-09-2012, 08:26 AM   #1273
Hodag
native

Oddometer: 22,792
what planes are on it?

any tech tree links?
Hodag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:41 AM   #1274
Cat0020
El cheapo

Quote: