Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 348 votes, 4.97 average. Display Modes
Old 06-12-2012, 05:41 AM   #1291
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPGT72 View Post
I have found that the time of day has a great deal to do with how I seem to do. During the day my tier 6-5-4 tanks end up on the top third about 50-60% of the time....after 5pm I will be lucky to get out of the top 4 with those same tanks.

I stayed home from work yesterday and played off and on between sleep, and I think my win loss ratio was 6:1....after 5pm I am lucky to do 1:6....and those wins are me adding to the team...I would have 4-5 even 7 kills in one game....after 5, I just hide or guard arty and get lucky shots on one scout, or badly hurt heavy here and there.....I will bounce 4 shells off a JS-8 and get a thanks for trying from the arty I was trying to protect.

After 5pm I usually just play my tier 2 tanks and in those games I do very well....much more fun, but at night with the mid tier tanks....you are just food for the big guys.....they sure need to fix that.

I have also decided that the 76 on the sherman is usless....but then again I did not try it till last night....I usually run the 105 (I think).
It was bound to happen eventually.

One of you Basstids kilt me dead!

It had to be my shiny new Patton too. I think it was only my3rd or 4th time out.

There I was...Busy keeping a Type 59 off our arty all by my lonesome.
Had him down to 66hp and was going for the kill.

When I stick my nose out from behind a building, some jerk in a KV-2 kills me.

Thanks for letting me know it was you MN_Smurf.

You know what this means...

SkidMarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:47 AM   #1292
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 12,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPGT72 View Post
I have also decided that the 76 on the sherman is usless....but then again I did not try it till last night....I usually run the 105 (I think).
Same on the E8, I've been having difficulties lately with that one due to being at the bottom of matches. I hang back, protect arty from scouts then skulk around and try to blow up tracks. It does penetrate the back of a Lowe turret pretty good
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:15 AM   #1293
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkidMarx View Post
It was bound to happen eventually.

One of you Basstids kilt me dead!

It had to be my shiny new Patton too. I think it was only my3rd or 4th time out.

There I was...Busy keeping a Type 59 off our arty all by my lonesome.
Had him down to 66hp and was going for the kill.

When I stick my nose out from behind a building, some jerk in a KV-2 kills me.

Thanks for letting me know it was you MN_Smurf.

You know what this means...

It's too bad I didn't get a chance to look at the names before the battle started (late load, dropped in with 2 seconds on the clock) to see that you were over there....if I had, I would have hunted you on purpose.....
Old 06-12-2012, 06:17 AM   #1294
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
It's too bad I didn't get a chance to look at the names before the battle started (late load, dropped in with 2 seconds on the clock) to see that you were over there....if I had, I would have hunted you on purpose.....
Me too. I usually check but didn't this time. I wish they had some sort of notification for it.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:23 AM   #1295
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Oddometer: 7,634
Call of Duty has this figured out - if you're in a match with friends, even if you're not "platooned", they show as a different color. Shouldn't be too hard to flip that bit in this game...
Smithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:54 AM   #1296
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
Call of Duty has this figured out - if you're in a match with friends, even if you're not "platooned", they show as a different color. Shouldn't be too hard to flip that bit in this game...
There might be something out there. I'll have to take a look.

To be honest, I wasn't alive long enough in that game to notice anything less than a giant flashing alert.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:58 AM   #1297
tattewell
Mad Poser

Oddometer: 749
I would love it if they changed the way it notifies you about friends online... a sound or something perhaps.

Also when they message you while your in game, another chime of sorts would be nice, aswell as having their message actually pop to the forefront once your back in the garage.. sometimes a message will be there for a good 20 minutes before I see it...
tattewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:35 AM   #1298
papalobster
With Gusto!

There's messages?
Old 06-12-2012, 08:02 AM   #1299
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by papalobster View Post
There's messages?
yea...it is kinda hidden...and I dont think there is any kind of audio to let you know they sent you a message.

Had a friend from work try to platoon with me the other day and I never knew it till he called me on the phone...I looked down and the little box was blinking....they need to modify that.
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:23 AM   #1300
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by papalobster View Post
There's messages?
Bar across the bottom of the screen.....channel and contact buttons on the far left. The area in the middle will show any group and private channels you may have open, including messages on incoming private channels. On the right is a button for incoming platoon invites and to one that brings up the status messages from battles you've been in, so you can go back and review how much xp and creds you earned and what you spent in repairs and ammo.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:20 AM   #1301
papalobster
With Gusto!

Huh, I'll have to look at that

Almost got top gun on the Priest again last night. There were 2 Grilles and an M8A1 left and it was myself and that French tank detroyer thing that refused to move. I found the M8, and it took him 3 shots to get me. I missed.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:40 PM   #1302
Ebein
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 276
A few folks have invited me to platoon, sorry, I havent really paid attention to those messages, but I'll
print off the list from the begining of the thread and keep an eye out for you guys.

played way too much over the weekend, with not the best results, but a couple good matches.

One 4 kill in a Leopard, and an Ace Tanker badge for the work in my PzIV.
Died near the end of both matches, but still a blast in both

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IxgqYrSMHs&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLogotXQRaU&feature=plcp
http://wotlabs.net/sig_cust/00FF00/0.../signature.png
Ebein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:24 AM   #1303
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,240
I leave work at 2pm....and I saw it again yesterday....trying to XP up my VK and up to about 5pm I was middle and up....after 5 never left the bottom 3.

Went and played my PzII and H35 and had a great time the rest of the night....I think I am going to give up on the bigger tanks after 5pm. And it is not just the VK, my t34 (the one that did exist) PzIII and anything bigger is just fish food. I was bottom every match in the III....nothing to do but bounce shells off of tire 8...WTF is a PzIII doing in with tier 8 tanks....oh wait I know spot....bull shit....they are there for an easy kill for the high tier tanks.....I usually just drive off to the middle die and esc out. No point anymore.
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:09 AM   #1304
tattewell
Mad Poser

Oddometer: 749
I hate to admit it, but I leave those matches back to garage before they even start. Im all for diversity and a challenge, but a tier 3 or 4 with tier 8 or 9 is foolish.

Yesterday I went in wit my pz B2 jobber and got placed with tier 10's. some days you just gotta give MM the big double deuce.

I still stand by a previous statment, I want to punch a dev in the mouth.
tattewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:43 AM   #1305
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

I didn't start playing last night until about 9:45 EDT. Ended up going 5-2, and only one of them was an absolute steamroll. The kids must have gone to bed already.....

On another note, Cat, I will platoon up with you one of these days. Didn't have a lot of time to play last night and I was on a mission to get some quick daily doubles.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: