Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 05:23 PM   #661
bobobob
badbadbad

Oddometer: 4,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boats313 View Post
Just did a quick measure of the right side, 14" x 5". By no means is this a precise measurement, just held up the tape as I walked through the garage.
Thanks for checking. Looks like the 3 gallon tour tank won't fit.

It is just a bunch of inner tubes Roy . . . - Cannonshot
Growing old is compulsory - growing up is optional. - Haroon
bobobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:21 AM   #662
PACK RAT
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
Flat tire

I walked out to my bike on my lunch break only to discover a flat rear tire with a nice fat cotter pin dug in to it.
Has anyone ever ran an inner tube in there stock size tubeless tires?? Just thinking of an alternitive from patching or buying new tires everytime I get a flat..
Old 01-09-2013, 01:40 PM   #663
CHAOSHUMOUR
THE UNSANE

Oddometer: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denser NL View Post
Brave to go solo...I won't do that anymore offroad after this:

In don't know Denser.
. Ate you sure that isn't Photoshopped?? That red is still looking pretty clean!
Actually from an artistic, photographic perspective. The shitty brown cloying clinging mud REALLY highlights the vibrant red panels!

Did you get amy "after" pictures?

CHAOS!
Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk 2
Old 01-09-2013, 02:51 PM   #664
Adventure MotoX
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 270
Depending on the puncture, you can just get a plug like you would on a car. Assuming you have the OE Tubeless and Cast rims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACK RAT View Post
I walked out to my bike on my lunch break only to discover a flat rear tire with a nice fat cotter pin dug in to it.
Has anyone ever ran an inner tube in there stock size tubeless tires?? Just thinking of an alternitive from patching or buying new tires everytime I get a flat..

www.AdventureMotoX.com
Adventure MotoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:05 PM   #665
seth
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
Quote:
The removal of my factory pipe and install of the leo vince pipe went smoother than expected. The pipe looks and sounds great ( IMO ). The throttle is smoother and more responsive with the new pipe, other than that no HP gains have been noticed.

[/IMG]
Right side were muffler use to be,,
[/IMG]
Thanks again to Pyoungbl and Seth, your input really helped with removal of the factory pipe..
Looks great congrats
seth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:22 PM   #666
Dash2
Always Learning

Oddometer: 106
Quote:
i've had a plug in my tire for about 6000 miles with zero problems, a patch is preferable though
Dash2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:02 AM   #667
PACK RAT
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by studioe6 View Post
Depending on the puncture, you can just get a plug like you would on a car. Assuming you have the OE Tubeless and Cast rims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash2 View Post
i've had a plug in my tire for about 6000 miles with zero problems, a patch is preferable though

Since it was already 2:30 p.m. in the afternoon when I noticed the flat and I work 46 miles from home, I just had the bike towed back to the dealership by my house. ( under warranty ) I broke down and bought a new tire since BMW does not patch or plug tires, I figure I will have a spare patched tire for my next run in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seth View Post
Looks great congrats
Thank you sir, I might have to take the ugly pac-man looking decal off the pipe though.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:18 PM   #668
Motorbike Mike
Madman commuter

Oddometer: 3
Luggage

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_k View Post
Nice looking rig! Just saw the yellow at the dealer last week, very nice.

Someone here in this thread or theSertao thread used the TT adjuster on the windscreen and got good results. I put the factory BMW tall screen on mine which was a big improvement, but may add the TT adjuster for a little more help, or may looks for another tall screen. I think I need about 2 more inches to get the results I'm looking for. About about 5'10" and need to duck down about just a little for the air to go over me.
Wanted to know what kind of luggage is on this bike?
Motorbike Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:21 PM   #669
Motorbike Mike
Madman commuter

@Backwardsit

What kind of luggage cases are those? Are they lockable?
Motorbike Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:37 AM   #670
WadiRum
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerWilco View Post
When we purchased a 2011 model, we had the dealer perform the lowering option. They gave us a removed part, wrapped in bubble wrap, they had removed from the original and told us to keep it so that we could easily restore the height later. So, I would assume that at the worst, you could get the needed part(s) from the dealer.
They indicated it was no big deal to change out.
I believe mine was ordered from the factory with the lowered suspension. It will require more work than just just a part.
Thanks anyway
WadiRum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:42 AM   #671
WadiRum
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyoungbl View Post
Wadi, the change is more than just the suspension dogbone. I believe you have to change the shock, side stand, and center stand too. This is something you can do at home but the shock is going to be interesting. You will find that the upper shock bolt is a bitch until you raise the rear subframe. There is always someone wanting to go from one direction to the other (stock to lowered or the other way around) so you will find a buyer for your lowered stuff. Patience will win out. I'm 5' 11" and years ago I got a lowered Funduro for my height challenged daughter. When I tried to ride that bike it was painful. My big feet were dragging the ground on every corner. No such problem with my G650GS since it is the standard height.
Thank you for all the details. Do you know how much more ground clearance I will get from restoring the bike to the original suspension height. I just feel that the bike is too low for some reason. Could it have a lowered seat as well?
WadiRum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:04 AM   #672
pyoungbl
Colonel Blood

Oddometer: 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by WadiRum View Post
Thank you for all the details. Do you know how much more ground clearance I will get from restoring the bike to the original suspension height. I just feel that the bike is too low for some reason. Could it have a lowered seat as well?
Yep, you might have a low seat in addition to a low suspension. I'm not sure if that is a BMW option but there are aftermarket seats that are lower than OEM. FWIW, I replaced my seat with one from Corbin and I still have the OEM seat sitting in the garage. If you want to try it out I'll offer it for $50 plus shipping. It was used for about 100 miles from new so basically it's brand new.

Although I'm just guessing, I'd say that you will get another 1" of clearance by raising the bike. Check out the specs at BMW to verify that.

Peter Y.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:39 AM   #673
Denser NL
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAOSHUMOUR View Post
In don't know Denser.
. Ate you sure that isn't Photoshopped?? That red is still looking pretty clean!
Actually from an artistic, photographic perspective. The shitty brown cloying clinging mud REALLY highlights the vibrant red panels!

Did you get amy "after" pictures?

CHAOS!
Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk 2
Very sure......will post some pics of the bike on the tarmac and on the towingtruck later this week.
Denser NL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:40 PM   #674
PACK RAT
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denser NL View Post
Very sure......will post some pics of the bike on the tarmac and on the towingtruck later this week.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:50 PM   #675
reenmachine
Rain or Shine

Oddometer: 425
Just got the FedEx confirmation that my Barkbusters are waiting for me when I get home! I'll post pics of the install.
reenmachine is offline   Reply With Quote