User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2012, 08:55 PM   #1
Aussie Trev OP
aka DRTrev

Oddometer: 5,314
Solitude, Barossa Style

Had a night in Adelaide (South Australia) last night and got home in better nick than expected so I dared to think about a ride this morning when I woke up. Coffee fixed up any slight hangover so I loaded up the Tenere for a day out on my own. Thought about ringing Claude but couldn't find his number, Paul L is over in the States and Bernie is at Mylor looking after house and animals while his wife spends up in France, so I was on my own.

Fitted a 12 volt outlet during the week so I was keen to try that out, so armed with smart phone, ipod and GPS I set off around 9.00 am making up my trail as I went., My mind drifted to a Truro Bakery Cornish pasty so I went out through Trial Hill and zig-zagged my way around to Keyneton and then up behind Muculta before pulling into the bakery. 80 kms in 90 minutes.

Barossa in the morning

The trails were pretty good but there seems to have been some grader activity and that made some sections a little slippery while others were more 'tractionable' and the bike held its ground well.

Water everywhere

Trails

Did I mention the weather? Perfect 20+ degrees, no wind and to that point, and no native animals. I felt pretty good up on the bike and when I could see the road ahead, and was sure of no oncoming vehicles, I gave it some berries.

The Ten gets along alright and when I?m not trying to keep up with 950's etc it seems to cater for my riding ability/style, and I really like listening to great music along the way too. I've mixed up a heap of favourites for riding and with Jimmy, Swanee, Eric Clapton, Beatles and American Blues going on it was fun on a bike.

Anyway, when the pasty, double shot coffee and low calorie choc donut had disappeared I jumped back on and worked my way over to some great little tracks which head around in an arc west from Truro to the Barossa.

The GPS was showing me a trail I'd obviously been on before but when I got there I'd forgotten about the hill climb, rocks, tree roots and decline.........took that a little slower than I thought I would!

Open trails all over the place and then ended up at Molly's track and got through there with no problems but some of those ruts are about half a metre deep.....you wouldn't want to misjudge your line in there.

Took some little used tracks after that and found some single track into the bush. Didn't look like it had been used in a while so I tried the Ten through there and nearly came undone a couple of times but enjoyed it......enduro bike/rider we ain't.

Called in here for a look - it IS Sunday!!

Got home after about 3.5 hrs, almost 200 kms and the need for a little nap. Daughters are over tonight for a roast and like their father they don't mind a beer and some dark fruit juice with lamb.....good day all round really!!

"Just having a crack"
Aussie Trev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:04 PM   #2
drblue
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 129
nice one Trev
drblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:19 PM   #3
Gateshutter
Exiled

Oddometer: 2,747
Great day for it
Old 10-27-2012, 10:01 PM   #4
TerryK
Ulysses

Oddometer: 1,582
Perfect day for a ride, was out with the Triumph riders club it was ok but I should have come with you !!!!

Cheers Terry

Check out my Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/KaneTerry?feature=mhee
TerryK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:50 AM   #5
Concorde
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
Heard you go past this morning....should have put on the gear and tracked you down Trev.

Enjoyed the RR and pics.
Concorde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:30 AM   #6
Aussie Trev OP
aka DRTrev

Oddometer: 5,314
Next time Claude, next time.

"Just having a crack"
Aussie Trev is offline   Reply With Quote