User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2012, 05:38 PM   #1
ShimrMoon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 330
PIAA P-3000 tri beam lights

Anybody have any experience with PIAA P-3000 Tri Beam auxiliary lights or their bigger brother the P-4000 Quattro?

I've seen these aux lights in different places and they look like they'd be pretty good deer melters. The 4000 version is said to be mainly for trucks and SUVs but they might work very well on a big honkin motorcycle. If you have used either of these lights on your bike, I'd like to see a pic if you have any and your opinion of them.

I'm currently obsessed with more light on my BMW RT which I ride often in the early dark hours to work. I plan on an HID kit and already have some of those sweet hi power LED lights from advmonster. Still, I just want more!

13 BMW GTL, 10 BMW RT, 09 Suz Vstrom 650A,
02 BMW LTc, 92 BMW R100R (wish I still had it)

ShimrMoon screwed with this post 02-07-2012 at 03:33 PM
ShimrMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:42 AM   #2
Bill 310
Poser Emeritus

Oddometer: 2,960
Piaa has made some nice lights over the years that have worked well on MC. The 910 and the Piaa 600 HID have both worked well for me on various bikes.

FutureVision has some lights that work well for the Deer melting process. A friend ran these in the in the Iron Butt Rally and raved about them. I have a set to put on my KGT and my Tenere. If you subscribe to the Iron Butt Magazine there is a great discount code.

Here is a tip, there are some great switch brackets made for the RT as a result of the police bike program. They also make some excellent light mounts. A & S in Sacramento can help you out on that.

MY advice is to wire them independently and aim the right light towards the ditch so that even with oncoming traffic you only dip the left light

http://www.futurevisionhid.com/produ...ng-lights.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimrMoon View Post
Anybody have any experience with PIAA P-3000 Tri Beam auxiliary lights or their bigger brother the P-4000 Quattro?

I've seen these aux lights in different places and they look like they'd be pretty good deer melters. The 4000 version is said to be mainly for trucks and SUVs but they might work very well on a big honkin motorcycle. If you have used either of these lights on your bike, I'd like to see a pic if you have any and your opinion of them.

I'm currently obsessed with more light on my BMW RT which I ride often in the early dark hours to work. I plan on an HID kit and already have some of those sweet hi power LED lights from advmonster. Still, I just want more!

Uh, 149 views, no replies. Nuke it.
Canada "It's a rough place, son. In fact, you have to puke twice and show your razor just to get in. Better grow some whiskers if you wanna go to Canada." Ronnie Hawkins when asking Levon Helm to join his band and play in Canada.
Bill 310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 03:34 PM   #3
ShimrMoon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill 310 View Post
Piaa has made some nice lights over the years that have worked well on MC. The 910 and the Piaa 600 HID have both worked well for me on various bikes.

FutureVision has some lights that work well for the Deer melting process. A friend ran these in the in the Iron Butt Rally and raved about them. I have a set to put on my KGT and my Tenere. If you subscribe to the Iron Butt Magazine there is a great discount code.

Here is a tip, there are some great switch brackets made for the RT as a result of the police bike program. They also make some excellent light mounts. A & S in Sacramento can help you out on that.

MY advice is to wire them independently and aim the right light towards the ditch so that even with oncoming traffic you only dip the left light

http://www.futurevisionhid.com/produ...ng-lights.html
Thanks Bill! I appreciate your reply. These look promising to say the least. $600+ is way out of my reach unless I win the lottery.

13 BMW GTL, 10 BMW RT, 09 Suz Vstrom 650A,
02 BMW LTc, 92 BMW R100R (wish I still had it)
ShimrMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 05:04 PM   #4
Bill 310
Poser Emeritus

Oddometer: 2,960
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimrMoon View Post
Thanks Bill! I appreciate your reply. These look promising to say the least. $600+ is way out of my reach unless I win the lottery.
Well these worked well for many years and your RT could drive them with power to spare

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PIAA-4-3-4-9...ht_1294wt_1110
Canada "It's a rough place, son. In fact, you have to puke twice and show your razor just to get in. Better grow some whiskers if you wanna go to Canada." Ronnie Hawkins when asking Levon Helm to join his band and play in Canada.
Bill 310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:47 AM   #5
OkieTom
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 632
Piaa 910

I have a set of the Piaa 910's on my GS and they are great. I have them aimed low enough that I can run them all the time but I am going to add a set of HID's to my high and low beams so I can aim the Piaa's farther down the road.
OkieTom is offline   Reply With Quote