Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-03-2012, 08:01 PM   #1
jeffygs OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 465
Looking for route after pikes peak race

I will be traveling to pikes peak to watch the race in July, after the race I would like to tour colorado for 7-10 days, camping and flyfishing is what I want to do. I will be taking my GL1100/EML sidecar rig so no trails but fire roads good. Looking for nice route from Pikes peak around and back to Pueblo maybe a 600 -800 mile track. Any help would be helpful.
jeffygs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:18 PM   #2
_CJ
Retrogrouch

Oddometer: 1,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffygs View Post
I will be traveling to pikes peak to watch the race in July, after the race I would like to tour colorado for 7-10 days, camping and flyfishing is what I want to do. I will be taking my GL1100/EML sidecar rig so no trails but fire roads good. Looking for nice route from Pikes peak around and back to Pueblo maybe a 600 -800 mile track. Any help would be helpful.
Sorry if I'm not a GPS guy, but....

Head west on hwy 24, then take hwy 285 south, then west on 50 to Montrose (this is where I lose track of why numbers), south through Ouray and Silverton to Durango. East on 160? through Pagosa Springs to Del Norte (with a possible detour to Creede), then north to 285 and Salida, then east on 50 to Pueblo.

Places to stay the night....Gunnison, Ouray (riverside inn/cabins), Silverton, Durango, Creede, Salida. You could easily stay multiple nights in Ouray, Durango, and Salida with day trips for sight seeing and/or fishing. The stretch from Salida down to Canon City is along the Arkansas river and almost all of it is gold metal trout water.

I might be working the race. Send me a PM or something and I'll buy you a beer while you're here.

:
MTB since 1991, Full-Rigid Steel 1x8

_CJ screwed with this post 02-03-2012 at 08:26 PM
_CJ is offline   Reply With Quote