User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2014, 08:12 AM   #1
theageofindustry OP
n00b

Oddometer: 4
NField Gear Metal Pannier Blowout $49.95

I recently stumbled over 2 pallets full of these steel panniers that were supposedly designed to fit iron barrel Royal Enfield Bullet 500's.

When I inquired about them, I was told they were made incorrectly and do not in fact fit anything. With that said, they can be made to fit whatever you want with a little cutting, bending and welding. Mount them to your Ural sidecar if you want or even your extended swingarmed Hyabusa if that's your bag. The possibilities are endless!

So yeah, we are pretty much giving these away. We sold through almost 1 complete pallet the first week alone.

You can buy these ill-fitting panniers on ebay starting for around $300 delivered or you can buy them from us with the confidence that they won't even fit your red wagon and are priced accordingly.

$49.95

Online only:

http://nfieldgear.com/enfield-store/...rrier-set.html

**Due to the discontinued nature of this part, we will not be able to accept returns on it**
theageofindustry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 10:24 PM   #2
Kactapuss
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Can you post some more photos? I would love to see the backside of the racks and more details all around. Also, do you know the weight? Been thinking of fabbing some ammo cans and mounts, but at this price ammo cans and fab would probably be more expensive, heavier, not look as nice, and take much more work. Thanks.
Kactapuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 11:05 AM   #3
theageofindustry OP
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kactapuss View Post
Can you post some more photos? I would love to see the backside of the racks and more details all around. Also, do you know the weight? Been thinking of fabbing some ammo cans and mounts, but at this price ammo cans and fab would probably be more expensive, heavier, not look as nice, and take much more work. Thanks.
I took some quick and dirties of the sides and back if that helps:

I also took dimensions: 15 1/2" x 15 1/2" x 5 1/4"

They are all steel and pretty heavy duty, they come in at 30 pounds shipped.

I think the racks could be easily modified to accept Jerry cans. Honestly I've come up with about 200 different hair-brained ideas about how someone could use these. Add some panniers to a smaller bike or bolt them to a sidecar. Make one hold a Jerry can and the other to hold tools for work.

Did I already say that you could modify one to hold ice and the other to hold beverages?
Old 08-28-2014, 01:42 PM   #4
BrainBender
Bounty Hunter

Oddometer: 374
Eek

It's a great price but the shipping price of $40 is keeping me from ordering.
Old 08-28-2014, 01:45 PM   #5
theageofindustry OP
n00b

Yeah we had to order a special sized bigger box just to ship them, plus the weight alone makes them an expensive item to ship for sure.
Old 08-30-2014, 06:36 AM   #6
Kactapuss
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
pics of boxes

I appreciate you taking the time to take a few more photos. Hopefully you don't mind if I badger you with even more questions and request more photos. I'm trying to ascertain if they will be secure enough to leave on my bike in Brooklyn, New York uncovered during the day and under a locked cover at night (do the boxes lock into the racks?).

If it's not too much trouble to take some nice detail pics of the boxes, inside and out that would be mucho helpful. The thumbnail and description on website don't give much to go by.

If ya can: love to see a pic of the handle, lock and latches, inside the boxes, etc. If it all checks out I think I could be in for helping you clear out some of your clearance items. Have my eye on a front fender too

Hopefully you don't feel like I did when I was giving away a shopping bag of golf balls and somebody asked me, "How many are in the bag?"
Kactapuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 09:02 AM   #7
theageofindustry OP
n00b

Won't be able to take pics until Tuesday, but they are all over ebay. They currently slide out of the racks and are not secured to them in any way so they will rattle around and anybody could grad a handle and lift them out.

They could benefit with some simple brackets from the hardware store to secure them to the racks and keep them from banging about. I'm sure a clever inmate could easily come up with something using a small padlock for quick detachment. ;)