User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2013, 01:05 PM   #1
batesy145 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 32
Touratech Canada Disappointment

Just a heads up to any fellow Canadians wanting to get their bike geared up for an adventure - DO NOT BUY FROM TOURATECH CANADA!!!!

I ordered some parts for my F800GS back on the 8th of July, they had the parts in stock so I figured they would arrive in 2 - 3 weeks. Big mistake!!

Touratech in their wisdom shipped the parts across Canada to the wrong address, they waited there at the wrong address for 10 days before they were shipped back to Quebec. At this point in time I am starting to get a little anxious as the departure date for my big bike trip was soon coming so I called Touratech to see what was going on. After several attempts to get in touch with them by phone and email someone finally answered the phone. They told me they sent the parts to the wrong address and that they would have them express shipped to my address in Alberta. The parts were sent from Alberta back to Quebec and now I now find out they are finally on their way to my address but not with express as promised because it would cost them too much! I had prearranged time off work for my trip and and am now spending my first week of holidays waiting around the UPS depot for my parts to arrive!!! I don't normally go on rants like this but I just thought it would be in the best interest of fellow bikers to know such information, particularly if you are working against the clock. I guess 2 moths isn't enough time to factor in shipping from one side of the country to the other. To top it all of I don't think anyone at Touratech bothered to return any of my phone calls and were very bad at replying to emails and keeping their customers informed.

Touratech buyers beware!!!!
batesy145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:27 PM   #2
mint julep
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 183
Yup, I've had my ordered parts in limbo since May.

A change in Canadian distributor has messed things up apparently.
Things don't look like its gonna better anytime soon.

My advice, if you need parts asap, order through the US.
It might be more costly, but you will get them at least.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:48 PM   #3
Serp
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 251
Touratech USA is very good to deal with. Unfortunately, I don't think they can\will ship to Canada.

Laguna Seca MotoGP Trips-06/07/08/09/10/11/12/13. Loop Trip-Glacier/Yellowstone/GTs/Flaming Gorge/Arches/Mesa Verda/Monuments/Goosenecks/Capitol Reef/Bryce/Zion/GC/Joshua/Yosemite/Lassen/Crater Lake
Serp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 04:36 AM   #4
twinrider
pass the catnip

Oddometer: 8,856
Despite Touratech's best efforts to get its overseas customers to buy at inflated prices from its local distributors, their parts can be bought from Germany. Google it.
twinrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:30 AM   #5
Deadly99
Fast and Far

Oddometer: 8,434
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinrider View Post
Despite Touratech's best efforts to get its overseas customers to buy at inflated prices from its local distributors, their parts can be bought from Germany. Google it.
Several bike shops on the web sell TT parts and will ship to Canada

http://www.nippynormans.com/products/touratech

TCAT (Trans Canada Adventure Trail)

Gravel Travel Canada - Canada's Source for Overland Travel
Deadly99 is online now   Reply With Quote