Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2012, 02:43 PM   #166
GaelicDog
Lesser of Two Weasels

Oddometer: 7,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian06 View Post
Awesome! Hopefully mine ship this week. Did you order the top box as well?
No, I might get one later should the need arise. Don't really have the need and I've got dry bags that can go back there.
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
GaelicDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:54 PM   #167
DaFoole
Lewddite at large...

Oddometer: 4,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaelicDog View Post

VERY nice!!
Old 06-13-2012, 11:06 PM   #168
Jesse Luggage OP
Luggage Dude

Oddometer: 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by See red View Post
Do you guys make anything for the tiger 1050?
Sorry we do not

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
Those weights seem heavy to me but I don't have an accurate scale to confirm what my 9" Safari's weigh. Maybe Al will chime in. GH
Pretty close
Jesse Luggage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 01:31 AM   #169
gatsch.hupfa
mud.jumper

Oddometer: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
Those weights seem heavy to me but I don't have an accurate scale to confirm what my 9" Safari's weigh. Maybe Al will chime in. GH
thanks GH41 + Jim, so it seems to be 16 - 17 kg

very interesting when it comes to liters per inch of width: (for F800GS)

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=413424

and the winner is: ......
gatsch.hupfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:02 AM   #170
GaelicDog
Lesser of Two Weasels

Oddometer: 7,322
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...postcount=2882

The Jesse's on the Triumph are PERFECT!!!
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
GaelicDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:19 PM   #171
shortyellowbus
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Just purchased a 2012 vee. Was looking for bags and stumbled upon your new website and this thread. Everybody seems to love your product. A big plus for me is that you are local, and money spent will be kept local and go to a family type mom and pop buisness I love that idea. You said in a previous post you are open Monday through Friday and people are welcome to stop by and check out your luggage. What hours do you keep and is the address the same as the address on your website? Oh yea, can a person purchase the racks, then the bags, etc. as finances allow? Thanks and have a great weekend all!!
shortyellowbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:25 AM   #172
Jesse Luggage OP
Luggage Dude

Oddometer: 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortyellowbus View Post
Just purchased a 2012 vee. Was looking for bags and stumbled upon your new website and this thread. Everybody seems to love your product. A big plus for me is that you are local, and money spent will be kept local and go to a family type mom and pop buisness I love that idea. You said in a previous post you are open Monday through Friday and people are welcome to stop by and check out your luggage. What hours do you keep and is the address the same as the address on your website? Oh yea, can a person purchase the racks, then the bags, etc. as finances allow? Thanks and have a great weekend all!!
Thanks for the business. There is someone generally there Monday-Thursday from 7-3. It's always best to call ahead
Please post some pictures of your bike?
Jesse Luggage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 08:58 PM   #173
Brian06
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 115
Got my Odyssey II luggage all installed.
Old 07-15-2012, 08:02 AM   #174
GSMotorrad
Adventurer

Oddometer: 64
That looks really great on that Triumph. Does that top box hold a full faced helmet? I like how the top box is angled the same as the side bags. On my KLR, the rear luggage rack is at a very different angle from my side bags, so I'm trying to figure out a way to mount the top box to match the angles. Has anyone done this?

Got my Jesses installed, but I can't utilize the rearward most mounting position until I figure out what to do with the turn signals.
GSMotorrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 08:46 AM   #175
hawbs
Rockin' the Beer Gut

Oddometer: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMotorrad View Post
Does that top box hold a full faced helmet?

And then some...

hawbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 08:53 AM   #176
GSMotorrad
Adventurer

Very nice. Do they come pre-drilled, or do you just drill your own holes to mate with your rack? Or is there a quick-release system for the top box, like on the sides?

What size is that Odyssey top box?
Old 07-15-2012, 09:02 AM   #177
hawbs
Rockin' the Beer Gut

Quote:
Very nice. Do they come pre-drilled, or do you just drill your own holes to mate with your rack? Or is there a quick-release system for the top box, like on the sides?

What size is that Odyssey top box?
It came un-drilled and no installation instructions were provided. I ordered the Quick Release Double Plate mounting system and it took a little creativity and a trip to the hardware store to make it all come together.

Size is 45 liters.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:08 AM   #178
GSMotorrad
Adventurer

Thank you so much! You're very helpful! I'm thinking I could possibly angle the mounting plate to match the lean of the side cases... What I wouldn't give to see pictures of the mounting plate and hardware

If I can get it keyed the same, I don't think there's any other choice. Being used to side cases that swallow two helmets on my cruiser, it's killing me not to be able to stow my lid, out of sight, secure, and dry right now.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:17 AM   #179
EdOriginal
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 564
Leveling Top Box angle.

Simple - I took 2 rubber spacers (or large rubber (or metal) washers) to level the Top Box to match the angle of the side bags. I also used double sided carpet tape and thin carpet to pad the bottom of all boxes. Eliminates stuff from rattling and bouncing around inside the bags.

Quote:
On my KLR, the rear luggage rack is at a very different angle from my side bags, so I'm trying to figure out a way to mount the top box to match the angles. Has anyone done this?

Old 07-15-2012, 09:34 AM   #180
hawbs
Rockin' the Beer Gut

Quote:
What I wouldn't give to see pictures of the mounting plate and hardware

If I can get it keyed the same, I don't think there's any other choice. Being used to side cases that swallow two helmets on my cruiser, it's killing me not to be able to stow my lid, out of sight, secure, and dry right now.
In total, I have seven lock cylinders from Jesse, all are keyed the same.

The QRDP mounts to my G as shown below. Obviously, YMMV with a different make/model.

The mounting surface (top) is shown below. The mounting holes are the two key-shaped cutouts at the front of the plate on either side, and the single slot at the rear of the plate where my license tag is creating a lovely bright spot.

The bottom of the box with the male half of the QRDP system is shown below. You can see the two bobbins that slide into the key holes and the locking mechanism that slides into the rear slot.

I bought an extra box mount when I placed my order in case I want to get creative later on. This is the surface that the box is mounted to. The three silver buttons you see are countersunk washers that accept the mounting hardware screws - it would be nice if they weren't there.