Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2012, 01:54 PM   #196
oz97tj
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 819
Its too bad Jesses customer service still sucks ass. I've been getting dicked around for about 3 months now by Jesse Luggage. As much as I like their bags, I doubt I'll ever buy another set.

Problem is, I don't know if it's the whole company that sucks, or just the dimwitted girl that answers the phones and replies to emails. She offers nothing but answers of "I don't know" and / or empty promises that never get fulfilled.
oz97tj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:01 PM   #197
GSteve
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz97tj View Post
Its too bad Jesses customer service still sucks ass. I've been getting dicked around for about 3 months now by Jesse Luggage. As much as I like their bags, I doubt I'll ever buy another set.

Problem is, I don't know if it's the whole company that sucks, or just the dimwitted girl that answers the phones and replies to emails. She offers nothing but answers of "I don't know" and / or empty promises that never get fulfilled.
If you received an answer to an email, count yourself lucky! Two separate attempts after telephone conversations have yielded zip, zilch, nada. Great product (I've had 'em before on another bike), but after this...a...."customer service" I'll move on to something else!
Old 07-23-2012, 02:12 PM   #198
oz97tj
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSteve View Post
If you received an answer to an email, count yourself lucky! Two separate attempts after telephone conversations have yielded zip, zilch, nada. Great product (I've had 'em before on another bike), but after this...a...."customer service" I'll move on to something else!
Not only responses, but actual promises that my problem would be fixed. This happened a couple times even. But as stated earlier, they were nothing by empty promises.

Honestly, with the other brands out there that are just as good for similar pricing with so much better customer service, why would anyone chance buying from these douchers? Honestly, with the years and years of shitty customer service, I'm surprised they are still in business.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:29 PM   #199
cug
--

Oddometer: 4,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dave View Post
On the Tiger, there is no cross brace.
Interesting. Without a cross brace, bags are destined to hang down sooner or later like soft bags. About 80% of the newly installed ones I have seen in photos are hanging down already, how will this look after the first drop?

Luggage capacity is a two edged sword. You gain and you loose. You get more in the bags and you are easily able to add too much weight. It's of course a matter of personal packing and I generally tend to go light - but if it's made too easy to pack the kitchen sink, I might. 60 to 80 liters is more than enough for me, the added storage is a blessing and a curse at the same time. So, neutral from my end.

Regarding customer service - yeah, I really like the bags, the guy writing here adds quite something to the overall experience, but I'm still not convinced. Call me crazy, but I have received insanely good customer service from other companies (not just luggage) and I tend to go back to these companies. Jesse is on my radar as they have a nice narrow setup.

Ah, decisions ... still investigating all options.
cug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:38 PM   #200
wibby
BrotherFromAnotherMother

Oddometer: 10,541
Jesse's customer service has always been top notch whenever I've needed anything

My bags have been to hell and back a few times

Traveling at 78mph, I was hit by a fifth wheel trailer tire and wheel. You can see the rubber scuff marks in this pic

And I T-Boned a 4x4 and ended up getting dragged underneath across a gravel parking lot

Jesse bags are tough as nails

Old 07-23-2012, 04:55 PM   #201
oz97tj
Studly Adventurer

I'm glad it has worked out for you. I received my bags with a large dent in one of the lids. I paid the non damaged price so in my eyes it should be replaced or I should get a significant discount. Does anyone disagree?

Anyway, I emailed them with photos immediately upon receipt of the bags. The pics taken were as I was removing them from the boxes. I was first told to send the bag back and they would replace it. Then I was told they would send out a new lid. After about two months of continued promises that the lid would be shipped "next week" I finally asked for a finanical compensation and I would just pound out the dent and deal with it at this point. Again, a false promise was given that it would be taken care of, but I haven't received any response since then. They haven't stood behind their product. They haven't stood behind their promises. They surely don't have any pride in doing good business.

I can't wait to see what sort of excuses or promises they may offer when they respond to this thread again. Then again, they will likely just not acknowledge it because that would show they care about their customers, which clearly isn't the case.
Old 07-25-2012, 05:16 AM   #202
garandman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,982
Quote:
/....and I would just pound out the dent and deal with it at this point. //.
Many times, aluminum stretches so it's not easy to pound out a dent, you just kind of move it around....

“The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without.” ― Dwight D. Eisenhower
garandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 06:30 PM   #203
oz97tj
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by garandman View Post
Many times, aluminum stretches so it's not easy to pound out a dent, you just kind of move it around....

I took a plastic hammer and pounded it mostly out. There is still a dent though. Its in one of the factory bends in the lid so itll probably be harder still to actually remove.

Regarding customer service, I received a PM today so we'll see how this plays out now. It looks like it's a different person so maybe this will work out better...
Old 07-26-2012, 08:15 PM   #204
anodyne
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 235
I've had their bags on a 800GS (through XplorerMoto), and now a Super Tenere. Packaging for each order was well done . They were able to get my bags sent out to me very quickly/in time for a trip I had planned on the Super Tenere. I didn't receive installation instructions for the ST, but an email was replied to quickly with a link to pdf. I did have an issue with the threads/machining on one of the cranks, but it was replaced promptly w/out any trouble. I'd buy from them again.

Maybe send an email to al@jesseluggage.com if you are having trouble?
anodyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 07:32 PM   #205
Jesse Luggage OP
Luggage Dude

Oddometer: 307
We need to barrow a new 1200 Triumph Tiger this weekend in the Phoenix area. Will pick up and deliver. Please email us at dealersl@jesseluggage.com.

Jesse Luggage screwed with this post 08-04-2012 at 11:11 PM
Jesse Luggage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:46 PM   #206
twinrider
pass the catnip

Oddometer: 9,131
I asked a simple question on July 22 and it remains unanswered. Is the vendor still reading this thread?
2006 Djebel 250XC
twinrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:11 PM   #207
Jesse Luggage OP
Luggage Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinrider View Post
I asked a simple question on July 22 and it remains unanswered. Is the vendor still reading this thread?
email it to dealers@jesseluggage.com please.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:29 AM   #208
okiegtrider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Luggage View Post
...said we don't want unhappy customers and there is now a great staff of customer service folks and plenty of stock...
The last couple pages of this thread makes it seem that this isn't working out. I have been mentally outfitting my super tenere and Jesse was a big part of my fakles to come. Reading some of the stuff here makes me stop and reconsider.
okiegtrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:14 PM   #209
EvanADV
Big Bearded Boy

Oddometer: 1,334
Quote:
I'm glad it has worked out for you. I received my bags with a large dent in one of the lids. I paid the non damaged price so in my eyes it should be replaced or I should get a significant discount. Does anyone disagree?

Anyway, I emailed them with photos immediately upon receipt of the bags. The pics taken were as I was removing them from the boxes. I was first told to send the bag back and they would replace it. Then I was told they would send out a new lid. After about two months of continued promises that the lid would be shipped "next week" I finally asked for a finanical compensation and I would just pound out the dent and deal with it at this point. Again, a false promise was given that it would be taken care of, but I haven't received any response since then. They haven't stood behind their product. They haven't stood behind their promises. They surely don't have any pride in doing good business.

I can't wait to see what sort of excuses or promises they may offer when they respond to this thread again. Then again, they will likely just not acknowledge it because that would show they care about their customers, which clearly isn't the case.
Was this ever resolved? Technically it's the shipping company's fault for damage, but if Jesse promised something and didn't follow through then that's definitely not cool.
First Trip on 2 Wheels. 10,000 miles. 21 years old.
NC to Maine for Lobster Dinner
EvanADV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:03 AM   #210
Jesse Luggage OP
Luggage Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanADV View Post
Was this ever resolved? Technically it's the shipping company's fault for damage, but if Jesse promised something and didn't follow through then that's definitely not cool.
You are correct about the shipping damage. We did originally drop the ball and was not getting anywhere with the shipping company and have decided to replace his bags with a new set. They are being made right now.