Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2012, 10:41 AM   #76
Jesse Luggage OP
Luggage Dude

Oddometer: 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by christian View Post
Is there a way to still get the round rubber piece that goes on the tab of the Odyssey 1 cases?

I've got 1 missing and 1 that is falling appart

thank you
Christian
PM sent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSteve View Post
While we're submitting wishes, I wish the company would produce some more bags for the BMW R100 GS & GSPD.
I believe they are in production or finished. Give the factory a call 623/878-7113
Jesse Luggage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:43 PM   #77
malloy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 712
Al - I'm glad to see you are back so far as retailing your great products! I am totally pleased with the Jesses on my R1200GS. The best, hands down!

I hope your company will be more responsive this go-round. Customer service is where it's at, Al.

Through your website I have asked whether the silver finish on your bags is a paint or a clear coat over the aluminum. No response. Perhaps here for the wider audience?

Much obliged.

malloy screwed with this post 04-02-2012 at 06:19 AM
malloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 04:47 PM   #78
L21
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 156
powder coating
L21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:49 AM   #79
malloy
Studly Adventurer

Email from Al says "all colors are powder coat". Thanks
Old 03-21-2012, 06:01 PM   #80
ARG
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
To Jesse Luggage:

In the future will you have bags and mounts for an R1200GS where I don't have to relocate the turn signals. I am an anal engineer who refuses to relocate them. Is there any chance of getting spacers for your mounts to move them out or something along that line. I do not mind paying more, much more for what I want.

Thanks in advance,

ARG
ARG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:15 AM   #81
malloy
Studly Adventurer

Hey ARG, it is fall down stupid to relocate the rear turn signals, even with JVB's instructions. And you're an engineer. You can figure it out. No extra parts needed; the mounting is secure. Jesse bags are so superior, don't let this little thing get in the way. Besides I doubt, after 5 or 6 years of making the R12009GS bags the way he does with thousands sold world wide, that Al is going to change his successful design, particularly because it is still a very popular product given the longevity of the GS design, at least at the rear of the bike .

malloy screwed with this post 03-31-2012 at 04:47 PM
malloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:34 AM   #82
NaDSoB
Another asshole on a KLR

Oddometer: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARG View Post
To Jesse Luggage:

In the future will you have bags and mounts for an R1200GS where I don't have to relocate the turn signals. I am an anal engineer who refuses to relocate them. Is there any chance of getting spacers for your mounts to move them out or something along that line. I do not mind paying more, much more for what I want.

Thanks in advance,

ARG

Most guys on ADVRIDER won't admit to being an "anal engineer". Are you sure this is the right forum for that?

Meat Loaf from "A Kiss Is A Terrible Thing To Waste", Lyrics by Jim Steinman
NaDSoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:44 AM   #83
Jesse Luggage OP
Luggage Dude

2012 Dl650 Spy Photos

Al sent me an email last night of the 2012 DL650 prototypes so I thought I would sneak them onto ADV

Old 03-23-2012, 09:37 AM   #84
Two Wheel Trekkers
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Jesse Luggage in Europe

Hi There, I went trawling on Google for Jesse stuff and found this thread so I signed up to the site, My name is Cliff and I am the importer and distributor for Jesse Luggage in Great Britain and Europe. I know this website is mostly used and based in the USA but I thought I would put a post on here just in case anyone in Europe is reading it and would like some of this excellent luggage or if they already have some Jesse Luggage and want some spare parts. I have also found out that the 8" Safaris are available again for the 650/800GS and Al is working on the new frames for the latest version of the V Strom
Just like Jesse we are very busy redesigning our website at the moment to make it easier to use and also to reflect our new brand, The Adventure Bike Shop, hopefully it will go live in about 2 weeks time.

Cheers
Cliff
Two Wheel Trekkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 06:30 AM   #85
malloy
Studly Adventurer

Installed Jesses on an F650GS . Takes a while but all went together well. Jim VonBaden's instructions are a real plus. So much better than earlier ones, Al. The little 1/4" allen head bolt (7/32" hex, supplied) at the front of the mounts is a little finicky to be sure. I wish it were a metric so I could use some of those tools. Fit and finish is good, especially the mounts and particularly in comparison to the older stuff. Even the welds look good this time .

I also mounted a MOD top plate, set up for the Jesses. A good combination that fits together real well.

Here's a video on doing the racks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIH70...eature=related
It did take me slightly more than 5 minutes, eleven seconds; but you get the idea.
Old 04-03-2012, 04:22 AM   #86
X-Rated
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 182
Liners?

Al, I've just ordered a pair of 9" Safari II's for my R1200GS (via your Australian agent). Can't wait to get these babies onto the bike!

Do you guys do liners, or can you recommend any suitable liners for these bags, please?

A.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:38 AM   #87
hardybaker
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 338
That's my bike. (pictured above) What a fantastic product. This will be my third or forth set of Al Jesse Bags. You can't go wrong with Jesse bags. Hardy
hardybaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:22 AM   #88
AndyCBR
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 117
ADV Discount/Super Tenere

Hello,

Placed an order today. I was dealing with a salesperson who was admittedly "new" at her job.

Mentioned ADV and Chris and got charged the $1280 (Super Tenere Odyssey 2) that I would assume everybody gets. So not sure if there is an inmate discount or not.

Also made a request to see if one could order the Odyssey 2 brackets sans the "1200" cutout. Was told No but that would be a nice option for people in the future.

Looking forward to getting the system.

Thanks,
Andy
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper
AndyCBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:15 AM   #89
OkieTom
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 632
Love my Jesse's but I am sure glad that I ordered them while Explormoto was selling them, no matter how good your product is without customer service you will lose me as a customer. I am sure that Al will get it together soon.....
OkieTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:36 PM   #90
Jesse Luggage OP
Luggage Dude

Malloy- Thanks for the vid. The only ADV special right now is free shipping in the 48 States. You have to say at the time you place the order "Because Chris Said". If you do not you will be charged shipping.