User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2012, 07:24 PM   #121
cluster148
Adventurer

Oddometer: 61
poor service Jesse bags

Three weeks ago I left a message on the Jesse voice mail,saying that I needed replacement exhaust extentions for my Safari bag set up on my 12 GS.I got no response,so today I call today,left a message and later got a call from a customer service rep.

Explained that the spring holding my exhaust extention pipes had faulted and that I needed a replacement.Friendly rep said she had replacement,but didn't know cost.Said she'd call me later with price.

Which she did.............$75 for the little pipes that stick in the end of exhaust!

I returned call telling rep that I wasn't paying $75 for replacement of what I considered a design flaw.The spring broke.....

I told rep I'd bought 4 sets of Jesse bags over the years(11GS,f650GS,1150GS and 12GS) but I wouldn't be buying another set.Al can charge anything he wants for bags and replacement parts.I can buy other bags in the future.

BTW,I stopped by a local machine shop later in the afternoon,explaining my problem.Guy says"Sorry,I don't have stainless steel in that size.Do you mind waiting till next week? I'll have to charge you $10 for stainless" Guess I'll have to wait..............
Old 04-25-2012, 10:50 AM   #122
Jesse Luggage OP
Luggage Dude

Oddometer: 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by cluster148 View Post
Three weeks ago I left a message on the Jesse voice mail,saying that I needed replacement exhaust extentions for my Safari bag set up on my 12 GS.I got no response,so today I call today,left a message and later got a call from a customer service rep.

Explained that the spring holding my exhaust extention pipes had faulted and that I needed a replacement.Friendly rep said she had replacement,but didn't know cost.Said she'd call me later with price.

Which she did.............$75 for the little pipes that stick in the end of exhaust!

I returned call telling rep that I wasn't paying $75 for replacement of what I considered a design flaw.The spring broke.....

I told rep I'd bought 4 sets of Jesse bags over the years(11GS,f650GS,1150GS and 12GS) but I wouldn't be buying another set.Al can charge anything he wants for bags and replacement parts.I can buy other bags in the future.

BTW,I stopped by a local machine shop later in the afternoon,explaining my problem.Guy says"Sorry,I don't have stainless steel in that size.Do you mind waiting till next week? I'll have to charge you $10 for stainless" Guess I'll have to wait..............

I am really sorry to here about your experience. 3 weeks is a long time to wait for a return call. Unless the message is lost in space all calls are returned in a day or two. You did have the option of calling back in less than 3 weeks or you could have sent an email. You have obviously found this thread and could have asked your question here or sent a private message. Again, I am sorry your call was not returned but you did have other options and it was your choice to wait 3 weeks before you called back. Your frustration is justified but I think once you got a hold of someone at the factory you where well received and taken care of. Please let me know if I can help you in the future. I try to be on ADV Monday-Friday and I can always PM you my cell phone number. Please note if the part you need is for a R1150GS that would tell us the spring lasted 10 years
Jesse Luggage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:31 PM   #123
GH41
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 822
Luggage Dude, Send me an email address that doesn't go to your staff. The staff member I have talked to twice and emailed one time uses the words maybe, if, possibly and I think too many times when I ask a question. I would rather hear the answer "I don't know but I will find out and call you back". I am trying to order a set of black 9" Safari side cases for my 2012 F650GS and I only want to know when they will ship. I have a problem buying something with an open ended shipping date. It might be easier to swallow if you don't ding my amex card before you have my order ready to ship. GH

GH41 screwed with this post 04-26-2012 at 02:51 PM
GH41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:26 AM   #124
Too Many Toys
Adventure Poseur

Oddometer: 1,200
Triumph Explorer/Public Service announcement...

Public Service announcement-

OK, who has one of the first Triumph 1200 Explorer's in the valley? Please let Al borrow it so he can design mounts for the Explorer. All of us Explorer beta riders would appreciate it.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:16 PM   #125
Jesse Luggage OP
Luggage Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
Luggage Dude, Send me an email address that doesn't go to your staff. The staff member I have talked to twice and emailed one time uses the words maybe, if, possibly and I think too many times when I ask a question. I would rather hear the answer "I don't know but I will find out and call you back". I am trying to order a set of black 9" Safari side cases for my 2012 F650GS and I only want to know when they will ship. I have a problem buying something with an open ended shipping date. It might be easier to swallow if you don't ding my amex card before you have my order ready to ship. GH
You can email me at dealers@jesseluggage.com. Your card will be run once the order is ready to ship and you will be emailed the tracking number. When did you order them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Many Toys View Post
Public Service announcement-

OK, who has one of the first Triumph 1200 Explorer's in the valley? Please let Al borrow it so he can design mounts for the Explorer. All of us Explorer beta riders would appreciate it.
It is in the works
Old 05-02-2012, 10:24 AM   #126
Jesse Luggage OP
Luggage Dude

Here is a video on how Jesse luggage is made.

http://youtu.be/XNCEunu29TY
Old 05-02-2012, 01:09 PM   #127
cug
--

Oddometer: 4,845
Nice video! Very well made. And a nice machine shop you have there.
cug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 03:02 PM   #128
Jesse Luggage OP
Luggage Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by cug View Post
Nice video! Very well made. And a nice machine shop you have there.

Thanks cug.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:44 PM   #129
Flying Dave
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dave View Post
Ordered all three bags and the quick release rear rack today for the triumph.

And I have not even bought the bike yet....

Ordered on the 23rd. Came home to a stack of cardboard boxes stacked outside of my front door this afternoon......

Thanks!!!
Flying Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:25 AM   #130
Jesse Luggage OP
Luggage Dude

Quote:
Ordered on the 23rd. Came home to a stack of cardboard boxes stacked outside of my front door this afternoon......

Thanks!!!
Very cool Dave. Lets see some pictures?
Old 05-04-2012, 06:31 PM   #131
Flying Dave
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 138
Not going to have time to tinker until this weekend but I did unbox them all. Nice product! Only one issue and I will figure it out but there are no instructions so far to be found.
Flying Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:04 PM   #132
Jesse Luggage OP
Luggage Dude

Quote:
Not going to have time to tinker until this weekend but I did unbox them all. Nice product! Only one issue and I will figure it out but there are no instructions so far to be found.
PM sent
Old 05-14-2012, 03:32 PM   #133
GH41
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 822
I got my 9" Safaris Friday. I am very happy with the quality and thought that went into the product. GH
GH41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:43 AM   #134
FredRydr
Danger: Keep Back 500 Ft.

Oddometer: 2,305
Will the forward frame mount of Odyssey II racks conflict with a Mudsling on an F800GS?

Fred
FredRydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:20 AM   #135
Jesse Luggage OP
Luggage Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
I got my 9" Safaris Friday. I am very happy with the quality and thought that went into the product. GH
Great choice in saddlebag colors

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredRydr View Post
Will the forward frame mount of Odyssey II racks conflict with a Mudsling on an F800GS?

Fred
Noted. Thank you.