Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2013, 09:27 AM   #181
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by RxZ View Post
Did you buy all three pair at the same time? I ask because I have two pair of Levis that are the same size but bought a few months apart. The first pair have always been tight. The second pair fit fine.

Could be a quality control issue, or maybe just slight variations in manufacturing coupled with unknown variables in after purchase use/abuse

Just a thought.
You could call it uality control, I call it manufacturing variances that are allowed.

Anyone over the age of 30 has bought enough jeans in their lifetime (and I learned this with Levis by the time I was 20) to know that you take a stack of whatever size you think you are into the dressing room, assess each pair, and buy the ones that fit you correctly (if any). Levis easily change pant-leg width, inseam, and wait by as much as an inch from pair to pair (rare to be that much, but I've seen it), so they just aren't something you buy off of the rack without trying them on. But then Levis are more mass-produced than something like motorcycling jeans that have Kevlar in them. The variances will most likely be wider on high-spped production runs with pants like Levis comapred to pants that have Kevlar that is most likely hand-cut.

Now I'm not saying that riding jeans don't have variances, as really everything does in manufacturing, but I would believe that riding pants are more true to the size the maker intended (which isn't to say one maker's 32" inseam is the same as someone else's, or even the same across same makers' different product lines).
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Mambo Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:56 AM   #182
RxZ
Legal Drug Dealer

Oddometer: 1,828
I agree with everything you just said, except the first sentence I did say it was either QC or variance in manufacturing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
You could call it uality control, I call it manufacturing variances that are allowed.

Anyone over the age of 30 has bought enough jeans in their lifetime (and I learned this with Levis by the time I was 20) to know that you take a stack of whatever size you think you are into the dressing room, assess each pair, and buy the ones that fit you correctly (if any). Levis easily change pant-leg width, inseam, and wait by as much as an inch from pair to pair (rare to be that much, but I've seen it), so they just aren't something you buy off of the rack without trying them on. But then Levis are more mass-produced than something like motorcycling jeans that have Kevlar in them. The variances will most likely be wider on high-spped production runs with pants like Levis comapred to pants that have Kevlar that is most likely hand-cut.

Now I'm not saying that riding jeans don't have variances, as really everything does in manufacturing, but I would believe that riding pants are more true to the size the maker intended (which isn't to say one maker's 32" inseam is the same as someone else's, or even the same across same makers' different product lines).
RxZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 03:50 AM   #183
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by RxZ View Post
I agree with everything you just said, except the first sentence I did say it was either QC or variance in manufacturing
Oops, wow - you really did write that, lol

Yeah, well, now y'all know my stance on it.

If I had the luxury of trying on quite a few pairs of boots/shoes in my unique size, just to see which felt better, I would as well - just because of manufacturing variances.
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Mambo Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 02:41 PM   #184
daveinva
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwestly View Post
Cool. Obviously then you've learned to predict how, when, where and how bad the crash is going to be. I've been riding over 40 years and still haven't figured out how to do that...
40 years, and you still haven't figured it out? Too bad, it's a great talent to have.

All gear is risk assessment. What I wear on the track versus what I wear on the street versus what I wear in the dirt, it all differs. I could go out every time in full leathers, airbag suit, hard armor, bubble wrap and anti-grav boots, but at that point, I'll just take the car.
daveinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:22 PM   #185
Domiken
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAKEZ View Post
I look forward to seeing the product. Start a THREAD Down in Vendors

http://advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18
The vendor thread is up:
Lean Angle Jeans
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=883171