Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2012, 08:35 PM   #136
RonS
Out there...

Oddometer: 19,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama67 View Post
Damn you RonS!

I am so jealous, the Griso SE is my dream bike. I am even throwing around selling my new Ninja 1000 for one.

I have a quick question for those with the Griso SE. Every site I look at they,always list the SE as MSRP.
Do the dealers come off much on the them as they do on the Brevas and such? I can imagine that they do not, but surely there must be some room there.

Sharp bikes in this thread guys.
Ride one before you trade just to make sure it is to your liking. There are many folks who would not like it at all. Namely those who like the smooth power of a Goldwing or an FJR1200. It is a visceral animal quite unlike any other bike I've ever owned and I've owned a good number of them over the last 35-40 years. It comes closest to the Ducati's in character but is quirky even in comparison to those. You feel the pulse of the twin through the pegs, the seat and the bars. The bike vibrates like a Harley at a stop light and when you blip the throttle it wants to wrap around your ankle (not really but the torque is quite noticeable). As mentioned it is also sprung rather tight and the fueling at low speed is less than perfect requiring a judicious use of the clutch when you're search for a parking spot. Having said that it is also quite refined in many areas and when you get it into it's element it's also one of the most involving bikes I've ever owned. It truly is a bike that can put a little blood in your urine (especially before you tune the suspension) but at the end of a ride you know that you've been somewhere. If it were a female then the folks at Hooters called it, she's refined yet delightfully tacky

As far as availability, if there are any available in the PNW I'm not aware of them. Dave over at Moto International (the author of Gussiology) has sold all of his and there are none in Spokane to be had. What happened was that there was a price drop of 2k in 2012. From what I understand the bikes were not selling well in the 14-15 grand range. Following the price drop to the 12k+ range they flew out of the showrooms. It also sounds like this is the last of this particular SE. Dave says that the one he's getting in later this years is a black color scheme. They were not negotiating on price when I picked mine up but the situation as well as availability may be different in your area.
RonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:51 PM   #137
Bama67
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 354
I think the character of it is one of the things I crave most. That is pretty much the only thing I cared for with the only Harley I had, was the character of the engine and drivetrain.

The Ninja is just perfect and like a surgical tool, but there is no character there.

I wonder what this black SE will look like? But I can't imagine it being any sexier to me than the green.

As far as ride quality and such, I am only 27 and very fit, so I can deal with I believe.

I just can't stop thinking about this bike. Ugh.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:04 PM   #138
JNRobert
Breaking Wind

Oddometer: 9,688
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdduke View Post

Sold it so I could buy this, which is another story...

She looks expensive . . . and I bet the car's not cheap either :groucho
Old 07-17-2012, 09:08 PM   #139
rocker59
diplomatico di moto

Oddometer: 15,619
Quote:
I I wonder what this black SE will look like?

http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/mod...%208v%2012.htm
IBA #24873
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt
rocker59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:25 PM   #140
RonS
Out there...

Quote:
I think the character of it is one of the things I crave most. That is pretty much the only thing I cared for with the only Harley I had, was the character of the engine and drivetrain.

The Ninja is just perfect and like a surgical tool, but there is no character there.

I wonder what this black SE will look like? But I can't imagine it being any sexier to me than the green.

As far as ride quality and such, I am only 27 and very fit, so I can deal with I believe.

I just can't stop thinking about this bike. Ugh.
That's why I no longer own four cylinder bikes or triples for that matter. No character. Put a windscreen on one and you may as well be driving a Civic.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:57 PM   #141
EetsOK
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 596
You rotten Guzzi guys....
Look what I found just a few hours up the road from me: 2003 MG LeMans in red. I might just go check it out next week when I am in that town for business.
http://bc.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-...AdIdZ396452152
Old 07-17-2012, 10:39 PM   #142
Bama67
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocker59 View Post

Thanks, I saw that one earlier in the thread. I was thinking of an all blacked out one or something. That is a looker indeed, but not on the same level as the older Tenni Green. IMO

Looking at the specs, unless I am missing something, there is no difference other than the paint compared to the older SE?
Old 07-18-2012, 12:34 AM   #143
bobw
Harden the phuck up

Oddometer: 878
The "Tenni" SE came with the special paint, seat and rims (tubeless wire vs cast), but otherwise has the same specs as a "standard" Griso and this black edition looks to be the same type of deal.

BTW, Moto Nexus in NC, just sold their green SE, but Rider's Hill in GA, still lists one in stock. Great area to buy and ride the Smoky and Blue Ridge Mtns and get to know her a bit
bobw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 01:52 AM   #144
RonS
Out there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EetsOK View Post
You rotten Guzzi guys....
Look what I found just a few hours up the road from me: 2003 MG LeMans in red. I might just go check it out next week when I am in that town for business.
http://bc.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-...AdIdZ396452152
That's pretty. There were a lot of nice looking Guzzi's from that period. From what I understand though they do require a bit of upgrading to get them reliable.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:08 AM   #145
wannaklr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonS View Post
That's pretty. There were a lot of nice looking Guzzi's from that period. From what I understand though they do require a bit of upgrading to get them reliable.
My 03 LeMans got new relays (just because), a replacement kill switch, and a speedo. Compared to my DL it was problematic. I wish I hadn't sold the Guzzi though.

If I was buying another in the LeMans line I'd get an 03 or newer.

From Scottie Boy "If you calculated the money spent versus time actually used, vaginas cost more per hour than the space shuttle."
wannaklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:15 PM   #146
rocker59
diplomatico di moto

Oddometer: 15,619
Quote:
My '04 Nero Corsa is box stock. 43,000 miles and at least 15 States.

Lost an odometer at 12,000 and a shift return spring at about 35,000.

Easy fixes, and other than that it's been a spotless sport-touring bike for me.
IBA #24873
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt
rocker59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 04:42 PM   #147
Bama67
Gnarly Adventurer

Well, a few posts back I said I might get rid of my Ninja 1000 for a Griso 8V, well about a half hour ago I put a deposit down on a brand spanking new Tenni Green SE!

Oh yeahhh!

These things are getting pretty hard to find as well. Almost everyone has the new black and silver ones even though alot still list the green one on their website.

Now I just have to drive the 801 miles one way from my house to pick it up
Old 07-18-2012, 05:36 PM   #148
Scott of the Sahara
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 353
Scott of the Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:27 PM   #149
RonS
Out there...

Quote:
Well, a few posts back I said I might get rid of my Ninja 1000 for a Griso 8V, well about a half hour ago I put a deposit down on a brand spanking new Tenni Green SE!

Oh yeahhh!

These things are getting pretty hard to find as well. Almost everyone has the new black and silver ones even though alot still list the green one on their website.

Now I just have to drive the 801 miles one way from my house to pick it up
Congrats man! Mine goes in for the first service Friday.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:21 PM   #150
Bama67
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Congrats man! Mine goes in for the first service Friday.
Thanks! To say that I am really excited is the understatement of the year.