New bike!

Picked this up yesterday. Brand new 2010. As 'delivered' -
1992 Ducati 900 Superlight
ducwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 11:14 PM   #47
sfarson
On a Ride

Oddometer: 2,128
Notable congrats for a very notable and special bike.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:50 PM   #48
Buckaroo Banzai OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducwad View Post
Picked this up yesterday. Brand new 2010. As 'delivered' -
I can't get used to seeing the rear tire and no swing arm on the left side. Looks like something is missing.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:53 PM   #49
Buckaroo Banzai OP
Gnarly Adventurer

was looking for a windshield for a Nevada. Anyone know of a site where they have cheap accessories(inexpensive accessories). I also was thinking maybe later of the crash bars that go around the cylinders. That might come in handy some time.
Old 03-28-2012, 03:24 PM   #50
UnderNewOwnership
Thread Slayer

Oddometer: 3,317
'Exploded' view of the new 750 cmc engine. Note chain-driven timing.

UnderNewOwnership is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:07 PM   #51
Buckaroo Banzai OP
Gnarly Adventurer

I can't believe that the Metzlers that came on the bike are already in need of replacing at 4000 miles.
Even the front is ready to be replaced. This is the first set of Metzlers that I've had I hope they all aren't like
that.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:26 PM   #52
stickwelder
n00b

Oddometer: 4
1972 Moto Guzzi

This This is my third 70s Guzzi in 10 years. I'm determined to not to sell this one EVER. I'm looking for one Wixom hard bag lid. There must be one laying along side the road somewhere.

stickwelder screwed with this post 03-28-2012 at 07:36 PM
stickwelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:38 PM   #53
40cu.in.of.furey
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 221
V7 Special

I saw the new V7 special on a different website and it is killer! I would not even look twice at a Bonneville now!
40cu.in.of.furey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 04:13 AM   #54
Nadgett
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckaroo Banzai View Post
I can't believe that the Metzlers that came on the bike are already in need of replacing at 4000 miles.
Even the front is ready to be replaced. This is the first set of Metzlers that I've had I hope they all aren't like
that.
I'm surprised. I replaced the Metzelers that came on my 2006 Nevada at 20,000 km, and there was still some tread left on the rear tire.
Nadgett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:09 AM   #55
rocker59
diplomatico di moto

Oddometer: 15,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckaroo Banzai View Post
that.
The stock tires on the Califorinas and 750s are the ME55 rear and Lasertec front. They aren't that great and don't last very long.

If you want long lasting Metzelers, see if the ME880 is available in your sizes.

Otherwise, I'd say switch to Pirelli Sport Demons and get something that wakes up the handling.
IBA #24873, MGNOC #21347
“Just keep playing, no matter how weird it gets.”
rocker59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:28 AM   #56
Buckaroo Banzai OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Yea, I had the me55 and the lasertech. They still had a little tread but were almost done.

It was a little different removing the rear tire. I had unbolt the bottom of one shock and remove the brake caliper to remove the rear tire.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:22 PM   #57
davevv
One more old rider

Oddometer: 2,288
'03 Titanium

Thought I'd add some pics of my Titanium in it's current state. The bags, rack, and windshield have all been added since I bought it.

The original seat was in bad shape, with holes in the pillion that appeared to be due simply to age and exposure. The rider seat cover was fine and it was comfy for about 45 minutes until the foam compressed, and then not so much. So I sent it off to Rick Mayer for a rebuild on the front and recover only on the back. Got it back a couple weeks ago and I'm greatly impressed with his work. The seat looks really great and is now good for at least 1.5 hours. That's the longest I've been on it so far, but it felt like I could stay there all day with no discomfort. It will be throughly tested in a couple weeks when I head for a Guzzi campout in Missouri.

My dad was a Harley mechanic and I've been around them and ridden them off and on all my life, but to me, this is the best cruiser I've ever had the pleasure of riding. It's a really great bike.
davevv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:29 PM   #58
BillyJ
n00b

Oddometer: 2
2000 V11 Sport

my guzzi keeps me smiling...
BillyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:00 AM   #59
oily
Dirt roads,no traffic

Oddometer: 166
New to Guzzi.......in an old way..

Hi all

I have acquired a Guzzi V35 IMOLA recently (photos to follow).
Don't know jack about it except it's 80' model with point ignition.
Looking forward to loading it up and hitting the Rally scene again..

I need a seat cover....any leads please?
oily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:40 AM   #60
rbm
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
Thought I'd post a before and after look at the V7 Racer I just finished restoring. It is a 2011 model which got into an accident -- a fire broke out in the building in which it was located. I bought it from an insurance recovery center in March and put the finishing touches on it this past weekend. Most of the damage was cosmetic. The fire apparently was mostly on the left side from the pattern of damage. The bike being on its sidestand shielded alot of heat damage that could have occurred to the electrics and engine. From the pattern of damage, it is most probable that hot gas decended downwards so ended up melting the fairing, cluster, left fork gaiter, seat cowl, rear mud guard, and burning some of the leather on the seat and on the tank strap. The rest of the damage was soot and smoke damage and some water damage. Post fire, some gorilla at the recovery center cracked the fender, broke the tail light assembly, swiped the rearsets and possibly did the damage on the left muffler guard. The effort I put in was to strip and clean the bike thoroughly, replace fluids, do some bodywork on the muffler guard to hammer out the dent, recover the seat and repair the tail light / fender. I replaced the rearsets with ones from Flyhammer in Italy and the replacement instrument cluster is one from a V7 cafe. I added bar end mirrors and the Stucchi Luigi fairing was the last one from MG Cycle. Brought the fairing back with me on my recent vacation to the States and installed it this weekend. The final job yet to be completed is replacing the fork gaiters.

Before:

After:

Thanks for viewing.

rbm screwed with this post 04-25-2012 at 11:10 AM
rbm is offline   Reply With Quote