User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2012, 12:58 PM   #76
adoptamutt
Adventurer

Oddometer: 78
On Ebay

Right now, there is a blue '09 T-max with 4K miles with a But It Now price of $4999 from a dealership in Philly. Or you can compete in the auction and might get it for $4500.
adoptamutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 05:04 PM   #77
Twisted Martini
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 112
I bought mine in April, a blue 2009. I live in Indy and the closest one to me was about 2 hours away, in both Dayton and Suburban Chicago. All of them were asking 7K plus and wouldn't budge, which I said was nuts for a 2 year old bike.

I finally found a guy in State College PA who had 2 new ones for $5200 each. Worked out all the financing, was ready to pull the trigger and he said I had to physically be there to purchase it. I called bullshit, said why do you have a website, etc but he calimed it would violate their Yamaha dealer agreement by allowing my to buy it and ship it to Indy. I was so bummed!

He called back an hour later and said he talked to his boss (who probably chewed his ass for not making the deal) and could sell it. Found a guy on U-Ship.com who could move it for $300 and I had me a new 2009 bike with 0 miles on it for $5700. Add IN sales tax and it was still a great deal, although painful to get it done.

Be patient and grind them, talk to the sales manager/owner if necessary, it is worth the wait.
Twisted Martini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 06:01 PM   #78
Bugtussle
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 530
Superstar, no comment on the Scarabeo 500ie suggestion? You may be missing one of the best maxi's out there without that Lazy Boy riding position that the others have.

2013 Vespa GTS 300ie Super
Bugtussle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 06:42 PM   #79
Superstar OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugtussle View Post
Superstar, no comment on the Scarabeo 500ie suggestion? You may be missing one of the best maxi's out there without that Lazy Boy riding position that the others have.
This scared me off

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/823/10...omparison.aspx

Not cool. Typical Italian quality?

That said...there is an 07 with very low miles right up the road from me at an attractive price...
Superstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:52 PM   #80
DudeClone
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,345
^ not "typical" Italian quality

if you see here from this survey the 2007 Scarbeo 500 is actually more reliable and "problem free" then most other scooters and cycles for maintenance and repair and reliability. and i took the time to compare it to a Honda CB600F and it beat the Honda or nearly matched it in multiple categories in this regard

http://www.bikez.com/bike/rating.php?idbike=24565

the red bar is the 'Beo, next two all scooters and motorcycles, respectively. doesn't seem anything wrong with Italian quality at all. and all the other model year 500 'Beo's test just as well or better

DudeClone screwed with this post 02-17-2012 at 12:31 AM
DudeClone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 02:02 AM   #81
soboy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,283
I own a T-max and have ridden almost all of the maxi-scoots, including the Scarabeo 500. For me, there is no comparison - the Tmax is a much more sophisticated machine, better design and execution, much better suspension and handling and more refined than the Beo. The T-max feels like an F-16 fighter jet compared to the Beo feeling like a single engine prop Cessna. And don't get me wrong, I enjoyed my ride on the Beo, it is quick to 60 mph and other motorists have a hard time believing that something that looks like a traditional scooter blows them away at traffic lights. That was the most fun part of my ride on the Beo. It did not feel nearly as good in the twisties as the Tmax, which corners like a good sportbike, and the Beo had an overall "cruder" feel to its operations. I did like the Beo's seating position, but I also find the seating position on the Tmax very comfortable.
"Reason takes a holiday as Dr. Horrible spends money he doesn't have, on a motorcycle he doesn't need, in a misguided attempt to recapture his youth which, upon reflection, wasn't all that great in the first place."
"Ride to the bar in your pirate outfit, guzzle some beer, play "Free Bird' on the juke box and then go home. Badass."
soboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 03:54 AM   #82
DudeClone
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,345
^ yeah they found that in the comparo on motorcycle.com when pitted against other maxi scoots. certainly nothing wrong with the quality of the bike, though

i too see the Beo as a more straight up city bike. a city with lots of hills and freeways like L.A. and its surrounding areas would be nice for it. but for distance riding or "fun" better choices do exist. its like a glorified commuter scoot. i say glorified because of the 500cc motor

i am pretty sure the previous gen Beo 500 was more liked by its owners, perhaps. especially for distance and touring

Old 02-17-2012, 04:06 AM   #83
Bugtussle
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar View Post
This scared me off

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/823/10...omparison.aspx

Not cool. Typical Italian quality?

That said...there is an 07 with very low miles right up the road from me at an attractive price...
Yea I read the article, They really hammered the Beo in that, I felt it was unfair and bias.. Maybe have a look and test ride on that Beo, let us know what your impressions are and if it works for long legs.

2013 Vespa GTS 300ie Super
Bugtussle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 07:14 AM   #84
Superstar OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Found a 100 mile 09 about 80 miles from me. The price is a bit high, but it has the 4 year YES warranty.

Anyone know the value of YES?
Old 02-18-2012, 08:00 AM   #85
Twisted Martini
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 112
I think it is around $400 or so.
Twisted Martini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 10:44 AM   #86
Superstar OP
Gnarly Adventurer

6500 for an 09 with 100 miles, YES warranty, battery tender, and 2 dealer installed 12v ports...

Opinions?
Old 02-18-2012, 01:25 PM   #87
=retread=
more MPG

Oddometer: 124
i'd offer 5,500 and see what he says.
=retread= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 01:33 PM   #88
Superstar OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by groo-v-1 View Post
i'd offer 5,500 and see what he says.
Turned down 5900 flat. Initial ask was 6800, said he would need to stop at 6500.

He owes 7k'ish...
Old 02-18-2012, 01:57 PM   #89
=retread=
more MPG

Oddometer: 124
just to get an idea, type in actionps, click on showroom, than current inventory, page 6. to far away but a good price for new 11 with abs.
=retread= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 02:00 PM   #90
Superstar OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by groo-v-1 View Post
just to get an idea, type in actionps, click on showroom, than current inventory, page 6. to far away but a good price for new 11 with abs.
My legs are too long...my knees hit on both the 650 and 400 Burgmans. :(